Wednesday, February 20, 2013

NEW BBC "WAR AND PEACE" EPIC MINI SERIES! ROBIN WILLIAMS & SARAH MICHELLE GELLAR ARE "CRAZY PEOPLE" IN CBS SITCOM! KYLE CHANDLER JOINS MATTHEW GOODE IN RIDLEY SCOTT'S "THE VATICAN" SHOW

Since we love all things epic and historical, we are excited about the freshly announced monumental project over at BBC - according to "Digital Spy" they are preparing a six part mini series on the famous Leo Tolstoy's
 classic saga WAR AND PEACE from the 1869!  Andrew Davies, who recently wrote MR. SELFRIDGES hit series at ITV and who also worked on BRIDGET JONES movies and on Colin Firth's PRIDE AND PREJUDICE television adaptation, will pen the television adaptation of the literary masterpiece! With rich characters, epic drama, the thrilling and heartbreaking story of love, war and family life is scheduled for 2015! One of the last WAR AND PEACE television adaptations we've seen was the expensive $70 million European co-production from 2007 which starred Alessio Boni as Prince Andrej Bolkonski, Clemence Poesy as Natasha Rostova, Malcolm McDowell as Prince Bolkonski, with Brenda Blethyn also in the cast!

KYLE CHANDLER JOINS RIDLEY SCOTT'S "VATICAN"
In other television news today, intriguing new drama in preparation over at Showtime THE VATICAN has just scored another television 
star for its cast. After British star Matthew Goode and German actor Sebastian Koch, new name in the cast is Kyle Chandler who will play the charismatic yet enigmatic Cardinal Thomas Duffy, who is the Archbishop of New York. Matthew Goode (BIRDSONG, WATCHMEN) will play papal secretary and his closest confidante, who has a very powerful perch within the inner-circle of the Vatican, in this contemporary thriller about spirituality, power and politics, set against the modern day political machinations within the Catholic church. The potential series would explore the relationships and rivalries in addition to the mysteries and miracles behind the institution! The pilot will be directed by Ridley Scott!

SARAH M.GELLAR & ROBIN WILLIAMS R "CRAZY PEOPLE"
In the sitcom world, here's a new one with a rather unusual cast: Sarah Michelle Gellar (whose last year's show RINGER was a flop and was cancelled after the first
season) will join Robin Williams in CBS sitcom pilot CRAZY PEOPLE! Robin Williams is the latest in the long line of movie stars who are moving over to the small screens, and he will lead the cast in the story that  follows a father and his daughter who work together in the advertising world. In this David E.Kelley sitcom, Gellar will play Sydney Roberts, Simon's (Robin Williams) daughter. She's described as pretty, intense, driven, organized and burdened with being practical. Sydney is the creative director and life and soul of the Roberts and Roberts Advertising Agency at the center of the comedy. She wants to be her father but is too busy having to parent him.

43 comments:

  1. I'm a big Sarah Michelle Gellar fan. Hope this show works out for her. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it probably will thanks to amazing Robin Williams

      Delete
  2. It's TV so I probably won't catch it. But never say never. Williams and Gellar might make it to NetFlix.

    Just shelled a bunch of peanuts for today's bake. Mmm, mmm, good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's been an extremely poor week in news business, so I have to focus on TV info these days. The beginning of the year is usually like that.
      I had peanuts for dinner LOL 80g of unsalted, fat free roasted peanuts.

      Delete
    2. Nice. I used 140g in my bake. Unsalted, but of course :-)

      Delete
    3. yes, but you have husband to share the 140g in half with :)

      Delete
    4. The peanut one was for the bin. Or I'll pick on some of it here and there, but for him I did a chocolate bake tonight.

      Delete
    5. It didn't totally suck, but needs work. The additional gram of cocoa powder was not needed. So back to the drawing board.

      But that's the fun of writing food.

      Delete
  3. Fingers crossed for SMG, I'm sure this lighter scenario will suits her better than boring / mysterious "Ringer"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure Robin Williams will make the sitcom a hit one

      Delete
  4. Oh, I adore Kyle Chandler. Did you know that I was an extra on the set of his old show Early Edition? He was professional and nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vatican sounds interesting Dezzy especially now LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do hope the War and Peace mini-series is better than the novel. I couldn't get through it for anything. Still curious about the story though. :))

    P.S. I'm running away and hiding now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the novel :) But back in the high school days I was a sucker for anything with thousands of pages and anything Russian :) Read them all from Tolstoy to Dostojevski and Gogol :) You should watch the 2007 series if you have it on Netflix, I have a feeling you would deeply enjoy Alessio Boni :)

      Delete
  7. I wonder how Robin Williams will do on the small screen. I normally like his movies but sometimes he can be kind of bizarre and it makes me think this might carry over to television because it's week after week after week. But, what do I know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure he will do fine since he is playing a man who is still a kid in his soul and Robin is the best in such roles :)

      Delete
  8. Robin Williams makes guest appearances as Mork

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dezzie, are you too young to remember Mork and Mindy????? Shame!!! You must Google it!!!!

      Delete
    2. both too young and too non-American :) I think that show aired only in USA last century :P

      Delete
  9. Chika Dez - there is certainly some interesting stuff coming up - 'War and Peace' will no doubt get the digital treatment to enhance what they did last time they made it for TV. They will need to do something pretty special with it to improve on what has been made for TV and film so often. The 'Jack the Giant Slayer' certainly has a good cast - as for the giants - well I have to say it... two heads are better than one! [boomtish] I also notice a 'slayer' theme running through a few fairy tale remakes - Snow White, Hansel & Gretel etc etc - Hollywood's latest 'formula'? Hardly encouraging good film-making you'd think.

    I like anything Ridley Scott does (even the flawed ones like Prometheus) so the Vatican thriller looks intriguing. Good to see him back into film again after the tragic suicide of his brother.

    On a lighter note - I see Robin Williams is going back to hit TV 'roots'. Look, the guy is comfortable anywhere beit TV, film or stage (have you seen him do imrov stand-up? Amazing!) But he is so manic that its up to his fellow cast to see if they can keep up (or how much of Williams' intensity they can handle and the best of luck to the uber-hawt Michelle Geller!) Williams is one of the funniest and most original comedians around - so whether the series lasts or not in the least case we're likely to be entertained by his antics!

    Cheers,
    Doc

    PS: Did you preview Katherine Bigelow's 'Zero Dark Thirty'? I don't recall seeing it on Hollywood Spy. I just saw it and was just blown away by it - and I know of the actual girl (and the story) its all about intimately. The movie is pretty accurate portrayal - a 'must see' - for me anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to WAR AND PEACE, just hope they won't make it too sentimental and soapy like the last series.

      Hope VATICAN will uncover some things and reveal the dark sides of the unholy church. Ridley has a number of TV projects coming up through his production company.

      I share your feelings on Williams, he is one of a kind.

      No, I'd never even mention that film and I would certainly never preview it. We don't do American propaganda here and try to avoid anything that glorifies American army and government and any other army which spreads death and violence around the world. That particular director is, if you ask me, a leader in political propaganda.

      Delete
  10. Chandler looks brooding in that pic.

    I haven't seen Gellar in something in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's one of the better pics of Chandler that I've managed to find :)

      Delete
  11. Robin Williams on TV again? I would have never thought that would happen. A team up with Sarah Michelle Geller, that seems like an odd match. It could be brilliant or a flop. I guess we will see.

    ReplyDelete
  12. so gellar and williams careers are over, huh. how sad... i hope i am wrong, really wrong.

    1800's that my favorite... for art/design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gellar's yes, Robin's will never be over, he's a legend :)
      Is you back, Zombie Master, or are these just zombies speaking and visiting? :)

      Delete
    2. ah, so you is on a spying mission only.... carry on, carry on.....

      Delete
  13. I have never read War and Peace. The television series looks more interesting than the Vatican thing though. That might be due to the fact that I'm not the biggest fan of "things Vatican."

    ReplyDelete
  14. My sincerest apologies darling for being so absent. I wanted to give you a HUGE thanks for your tweets on Monday. Your support means the world to me and I love you for being my constant cheerleader.

    I love SMG and I hope this project succeeds because I love Robin, too. The Vatican sounds quite intriguing, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How is your book coming on, dahlink?
      Be welcome, I was happy to see that some of my tweeting angels retweeted my tweets on your books :)

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.