Monday, December 14, 2015

SPOTLIGHT ON BBC'S AGATHA CHRISTIE 'AND THEN THERE WERE NONE' MINI SERIES WITH AIDAN TURNER, DOUGLAS BOOTH, SAM NEILL, MIRANDA RICHARDSON, CHARLES DANCE

 'AND THEN THERE WERE NONE'
 AGATHA CHRISTIE MINI SERIES
If you live over in UK or have BBC One, your festive nights these holidays will certainly be warmer thanks to the brand new small screen adaptation of Agatha Christie's AND THEN THERE WERE NONE which will air at BBC in three episodes on December 26th, 27th and 28th! DVD will be available already in January, while the series will also air in the United States at A+E! The adaptation of the best selling crime novel of all times, set in the 1930's, is a part of celebration of Christie's 125th anniversary!

TEN STRANGERS ON AN ISLAND  
A reckless playboy. A decrepit judge. A nervous businessman. An unhinged Harley Street doctor. A God fearing spinster. A secretive governess. A guilt ridden general. A remorseless mercenary. Two anxious servants. Ten strangers, drawn away from their normal lives to an isolated rock off the Devon coast. But as the mismatched group waits for the arrival of the hosts – the improbably named Mr and Mrs U.N. Owen – the weather sours and they find themselves cut off from civilisation. Very soon, the guests, each struggling with their conscience, will start to die – one by one, according to the rules of the nursery rhyme ‘Ten Little Soldier Boys’ - a rhyme that hangs in every room of the house and ends with the most terrifying words of all: "…and then there were none."

AIDAN TURNER, SAM NEIL AND DOUGLAS BOOTH LEAD THE CAST
The rather stellar cast includes acting legends Charles Dance as Justice Lawrence Wargrave, Sam Neill as General John MacArthur, Miranda Richardson as Miss Emily Brent, Toby Stephens as Dr Edward Armstrong! Our beloved hunks  Aidan Turner and Douglas Booth appear as Philip Lombard and Anthony Marston!

29 comments:

  1. When I was young, I read almost every one of Agatha Christie's books from her golden age of crime writing. Sadly, her skills deteriorated as she got older. But I always enjoy a filmed version of her stories, so I'm glad to hear A & E will be carrying this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read some of her books as a kid too, but later on I kinda overgrew it. Still fun watching adaptations, though

      Delete
  2. Who doesn't like some murder and shenanigans with Agatha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm probably a minority here, but I have never read an Agatha Christie book. Must have missed something if it's catching onto television now. Maybe I'll pick one up in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What do you mean catching onto TV now? :) It's been on the telly for decades... like there's always something from Christie adapted on the small screens, either Poirot or something else.
      I don't do crime and detectives, so I was never an overly huge fan

      Delete
    2. You're right, but in my area at least, they never really pushed those programs so we never tuned in. I don't do most of those crime and detective stories either. The Wire was such a huge hit here, but I was bored to tears trying to get through all 5 seasons. I would have given up on it early on, but Jason insisted we see it through in hopes it got better. Nope. It didn't.

      Delete
    3. seems he has strong hopes :)

      Delete
    4. Theresa is celebrating three bdays this week, she has no time for you

      Delete
  4. And Then There Were None is my absolute favorite story! I think I've read it three times, so now I'll get a chance to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds quite intriguing. And then there were none. I got the chills.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My aunts are big collectors of Agatha Christie novels and I have read them since I was young . It must be thrilling to watch the mini series..

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.