Sunday, December 4, 2011

HOLLYWOOD SPY SPOTLIGHT ON HEARTWARMING FILMS "BIG MIRACLE" WITH DREW BARRYMORE & JOHN KRASINSKI & "WE BOUGHT A ZOO" WITH MATT DAMON & SCARLETT JOHANSSON

Winter is here, snow is coming along with the frost, ice and fog, so are you in the mood for some films which will warm both your hearts and bodies?
Check out the spotlight on two heartwarming movies which premiere this winter.

BIG MIRACLE
Hitting cinemas this February in the middle of cold winter is a heart warming and positively inspiring film BIG MIRACLE which tells the amazing true tale of a small town news reporter (John Krasinski) and a Greenpeace volunteer (Drew Barrymore) who are joined by rival world superpowers to save a family of majestic gray whales trapped by rapidly forming ice in the Arctic Circle.  With time running out, they must rally an unlikely coalition of Inuit natives, oil companies and Russian and American military to set aside their differences
and free the whales. As the world's attention turns to the top of the globe, saving these endangered animals becomes a shared cause for nations entrenched against one another and leads to a momentary thaw in the Cold War. The cast also includes Dermot Mulroney, Kristen Bell, Ted Danson and Serbian actor Stefan Kapicic. Check out the brilliant poster and equally brilliant trailer. You will need tones of tissues for this one!

WE BOUGHT A ZOO
Another heartwarming flick which features an inspiring story and adorable animals is WE BOUGHT A ZOO,  which is actually based on a memoir by Benjamin Mee, in which he tells the true account of how the author and his family used their life savings to buy
a dilapidated zoo, replete with 200 exotic animals facing destruction, in the English countryside. Mee, along with his children, had to balance caring for his wife, who was dying of brain cancer, with dealing with escaped tigers, raising endangered animals, working with an eclectic skeleton crew and readying the zoo for a reopening. The cast is quite strange for a heartwarming movie since it features two extremely cold and expressionless actors in the lead roles - Matt Damon and Scarlett Johansson (I've no idea why they didn't take Amy Adams or Rachel McAdams who were in the run for the role, while Ben Stiller was in for the lead male role), and has an equally cold and monotonous director Cameron Crowe (we've all dozed off while watching his VANILLA SKY, ELIZABETHTOWN or JERRY MAGUIRE)  but we shall turn a blind eye on that :)

24 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, "Big Miracle" looks like a three hanky weeper, as they say. But "We Bought a Zoo" doesn't look too bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the trailer for BIG MIRACLE, love such touching, true stories, wish we had them more, both in cinemas and in real life :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love the look of THE BIG MIRACLE. Love the poster too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually stayed awake for Elizabethtown, hoping Bloom would ride that bicycle and stab himself with the knife before the end. Alas it never came to pass, geez haha. So true too, can't really see Damon or Johansson in that one. Really despise the later anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to pet a whale now.

    And stop beating up on Matt Damon *shakes fist* :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the trailer for Big Miracle. This kick-ass bitch teared up in public. Can you believe that? I had to pull out a tissue in front of people. Arrgh...my rep is ruined. ;)) I am dying to see it and will make sure I get to an early morning show on a Saturday so no one will see me cry like a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Big Miracle would be a good thing to take my girlfriend to go see I think.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yup, two good choices for the Movie Box o' Tissue Awards. (Which could be misconstrued, so let's not go any further with this one.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think Zoo and Big Miracle are two perfect films for this time of year. I'm looking forward to seeing both.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to see We Bought A Zoo!! I am thinking of letting my turtles do the review.
    I love animals and movies about loving animals.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Dezz, really Big Miracle is a movie I would love to see, I love gray whales and here in the Pacific we have blue whales that are preserved and maintained because in old times (not many years) were hunted by Japanese ships now they cannot be:)
    This is a movie I want to see:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Lyndy
    I'm in love with that poster too :) It could be the poster of the year :)

    @Pat
    sounds like a lovely movie watching experience :)

    @Luanne
    me wants to play with whales too :)
    Yea? And whacha gonna do to stop me? :PPP Pull out your sheriff's gun at me :PPP

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Melsy
    it is such an overwhelming, warm, lovely and utterly inspiring trailer and you can literally see that it was made with tones of positive energy and love. Hope it will be good when it premieres :)

    @DWei
    it sure would, it sure would!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Michael
    he he he it took me like a whole minute to get the joke :) It's a bit creepy :)

    @Dan
    they are, nothing better than watching something warm and inspiring in the festive season

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes Dezz and Green peace make an awesome work :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yep, I strongly support both Green Peace and PETA and all other organizations fighting for nature and animals :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Novia
    hope the turtles won't get afraid of the bear and tiger from the movie

    @Gloria
    I think that the Japanese ships still hunt for whales, it's really horrid. Like those people somewhere in the North who gather in masses and go to their beaches once a year to kill whales and bathe in their blood. People are sooo horrid more often than not :((

    ReplyDelete
  18. yes is true and sad Dez I seen pictures and movies when they killed the whales and are horrid! but in fact we have in the Pacific (some years ago) a Whales Sanctuary and recently alot of whales arrved there, thanks for the facebook I will see your recipes:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. that's nice to hear!
    Hope you will like my cakes at Facebook :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Can't wait for Big Miracle. (:

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just watched the Big Miracle trailer once again. Even the trailer manages to warm the heart..!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like the commercials for his new movie We Bought A Zoo!! I think their facebook Zoo contest is pretty creative too https://www.facebook.com/Weboughtazoomovie?sk=app_252032334854668

    ReplyDelete
  23. @Dan
    my thought exactly, Dan :) Such an uplifting one!

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.