Friday, October 22, 2010

ZOMBIES GO MEDIEVAL IN "STRONGHOLD". TAKE A LOOK AT THE PLANET OF OA FROM "GREEN LANTERN". WILL COLIN FARRELL TAKE THE LEAD IN "TOTAL RECALL" REMAKE? DAKOTA FANNING IN SUPERNATURAL FILM "IF I STAY"

Now, since I've assured you yesterday that zombies will take over the 19th century, I must warn you that they are heading for the middle ages as well: STRONGHOLD will be based on the book "Tomes of the Dead: Stronghold" by Paul Finch and it will be set in the times when King Edward I of England built Grogen Castle
in Wales, and proclaimed it the strongest fortress in the British Isles - impregnable to assault, armed with devices so fiendish that all attackers would die in multitudes. But the Welsh have had enough of English tyranny. Armed with druidic magic and an ancient, mystical artifact, they summon an army to their banner even the most superstitious of Edward’s soldiers could never have imagined. Soon, Grogen Castle finds itself besieged by forces forged from splintered bone and rotten flesh. Just how long can this Stronghold hold out against the zombie horde?

You already know, that among endless remakes we shall see a TOTAL RECALL one too. The remake of Arnold Schwarzeneger's sf flick from the 90s will be directed by Len Wiseman, and according to fresh rumors, the lead role might go to Colin Farrell. Wonder who will get the role of Sharon Stone who played the bad girl in it? The good news is that the script is being written by Kurt Wimmer the author of the amazing sf classic EQUILIBRIUM.

Young Dakota Fanning will probably take the lead role in IF I STAY, an adaptation of Gayle Forman's young adult novel, about a gifted musician and her boyfriend,
a rising star in the indie rock world. Already faced with a choice between her art and her relationship, she is forced to make a harder choice between life and death after being involved in a fatal car accident.

"ComingSoonNet" has published the cool concept art image of the planet Oa from the upcoming Ryan Reynolds' super hero movie GREEN LANTERN. Oa is his home, the planet where the Guardians, a small but powerful race, have existed for centuries. They are the protectors of peace and justice, a brotherhood of warriors sworn to keep intergalactic order, and each Green Lantern wears a ring that grants him superpowers.

And a huge CONGRATULATION to our dear Clarissa Draper who just signed a contract with a publisher!!! I can already smell some bestsellers in the air :)

21 comments:

  1. I suspect that you perhaps want to visit or live in planet oa Dezmy :)
    ah when will we get rid of those zombies but the new movie idea sounds quite interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Off course, Jaccsy, you know me well :)
    I agree that for once, these zombies, look interesting, it must be the historical setting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stronghold sounds awesome. I'm in the mood for a good zombie + castle = massive destruction flick. I mean, you can't have enough massive destruction, can you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. does total recall need to be remade? I don't think collin Farrel could deliver the line "Consider this a divorce" better than arnold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. holy moley that oa pic is so gorgeous!!!
    i'm a huge fan of dakota fanning- kid blows my mind- so, it's always good to hear of her getting more work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zombies, zombies, zombies-- well at least they're in a different setting.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Dakota Fanning is all grown up... she's so pretty.

    Hey you like Equilibrium too eh Dez, I LOVE that movie, one of my guilty pleasure. The ending needs improvement but Bale is awesome in this movie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. bleah, zombies. But no! I haven't had a chance to read If I Stay yet... must get busy~ :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stronghold sounds awesome!
    Still not excited about the Total Recall remake though. Nothing wrong with the original and it's only twenty years old.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Mesmerix
    yep, the castle setting gives it a certain charm :)

    @Budd
    ah, that was a jolly good line!

    @Vics
    isn't it? I hope it will be even more beautiful in the film itself

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Arlee
    my point exactly :)

    @Masy
    she's a big girl now

    @Flixy
    yes, if you remember, in my post, previously this year, about my favourite films of all times, EQUILIBRIUM was mentioned as well. It was a very successful mix of thoughtful drama, satirical SF and mindblowing blockbuster. I love such innovative films which give a social study wrapped in stunning visuals.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Leigh
    or maybe you should wait for the movie and watch it first :)))

    @Alex
    well, the lack of excitement should go to all of the remakes. Remakes are for people without imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  13. shocked to find about a Total Recall remake, can see Colin Farell playing in lead role well though. Looking forward to Green Lantern

    ReplyDelete
  14. Don't be shocked, Dempsy, you know new remakes are appearing almost every day in Hollywood these days.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just want to say:

    Welsh zombies! WHOO! This sounds potentially awesome and potentially hilarious at the same time, so either way I'm looking forward to seeing Stronghold.

    ReplyDelete
  16. ah, yes, didn't think you would notice the Welsh detail :))) Wales is actually my absolute favourite part of Britain, and off course I bow everyday to her royal majesty, Welsh queen Catherine Zeta Jones :))

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you, Dez! I've been so busy reading blogs I haven't come here until now! Well, I hope you like the book when it comes out, it could be a while yet.

    However, I will watch whatever Colin's in because he's super cute!

    Thanks for all your support!

    Clarissa

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Total Recall remake makes me feel old. I remember it was so cutting edge in the 90's.

    ReplyDelete
  19. DEZMOND - I like Dakota Fanning. The Green Lantern pic is amazing. Ryan Reynolds. Um, YUM!!!

    That's sweet of you to mention Clarissa getting her publisher. Congrats to her.

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Clarissa
    now you have a year to edit your future bestseller :) We shall be watching you close :)))

    @Medeia
    oh, you are right, it does make us feel old :(((

    @Shells
    ah, you know I like supporting our dear friends :)

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.