Thursday, October 7, 2010

FIRST LOOK AT NEW EPIC SHOW "CAMELOT" FROM STARZ. WARNER BROS. ADAPTING "LARKLIGHT" INTO A VICTORIAN FANTASY FILM. "THE SCORPION KING" GETS ANOTHER SEQUEL

Ah, bad news people, it seems that amazing director Shekhar Kapur (ELIZABETH, ELIZABETH THE GOLDEN AGE, FOUR FEATHERS) won't be helming the adaptation of LARKLIGHT by Philip Reeve. Tomas Alfredson (LET THE RIGHT ONE IN) will be the new director of this fantasy epic set in a Victorian era alternate universe in which mankind has been exploring the solar system since the time of Isaac Newton. The story revolves around a brother and sister who team with a band of renegade space pirates to save the world from destruction at the hands of a madman. Warner Bros. has scheduled the movie for 2013.
Fun Egyptian epic THE SCORPION KING will get a new sequel SCORPION KING: RISE OF THE DEAD, but it will be a straight-to DVD flick. Starring CASTLE's hunky Victor Webster in the lead role, the film will see our hero Mathayus taking on impenetrable bad dudes in the wilds of the Northern Tribes in 3000 BC.

And check out the first pictures from the amazing new historical show CAMELOT (to be aired on STARZ in US and on CHANNEL4 in UK) which is coming out next year and will bring an exciting, dynamic and sexy new take on the famous Arthurian legends starring James Purefoy as evil King Lot, Clive Standen
as Gawain, Jamie Campbell Bower as young King Arthur, Tamsin Egerton as gorgeous Queen Guinevere, Joseph Fiennes as the more active Merlin, Claire Forlani as Queen Igraine, Eva Green as wicked Morgana le Fey... If you check out the video bellow about the original and new series coming to or airing on STARZ, after SPARTACUS, PILLARS OF THE EARTH and others you will see a short but intriguing look into CAMELOT as well :)

21 comments:

  1. Alfredson was known for his mostly subtle, low-key filmmaking in Let The Right One In, so I’m interested in if he will change things up with Larklight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jaccstev - Let the Right One In was slow and subtle and Larklight will require the opposite.

    So no Rock in the Scorpion King sequel, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jaccsy
    we shall see, we shall see :) But I'm guessing LARKLIGHT should be big and luxurious like the book itself.

    @Alex
    no Rock this time, he wasn't in the second sequel either which also went straight to DVD :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love king arthur stuff! camelot is sounding good! (but that woman's voice in the video was a riot- she can't be for real?) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's one thing I learn from reading your blog everyday. There is not enough time in my life to see all these good movies. I think I need more hours in my day. Where can I pick up some of those? Amazon.com perhaps?

    CD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who has time to watch all of these TV shows?

    Maybe a release date of 2013 for Larklight is a bad idea--the world is supposed to end in 2012 according to the Mayans.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  7. Outside Philadelphia there's a mansion with an iron gate at the entrance and a sign, "Camelot". Don't the owners know the story wasn't all honey and flowers?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Larklight sounds cool....
    But another Camelot kind of movie? C'mon now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Vics
    I know you do, like me :) I just wonder whether we shall love CAMELOT as much as we love MERLIN, since American historical shows tend to be less dreamy than the British or Australian ones.

    @Clarissa
    ah, sister, I'm guessing you can find that type of stuff over at St. Amazon :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Arlee
    oh, please, Arlee, you and I are not lucky enough to just be wiped out in second without much pain. I'm sure we will be among the survivors who will have to deal with the mess, and some films will do us good then :PP

    @Robert
    oh, I'd name my estate CAMELOT as well or AVALON which is even better :)

    @Andrew
    there's never enough Camelot if you ask me :))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Historials seem to be the thing at the mo. Camelot should be great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. DEZMOND - Not sure what I think about any of these. Of them all, Camelot seems to be the most promising. =D

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Lynda
    or maybe Dezz is obsessed with historical projects and writes about them all :)))

    @Shells
    yes, yes, CAMELOT will be superexciting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Always complete and very interesting your blog, Dezmond. We learn a lot from it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yo, that photo of Victor is... wow, I'm speechless! I was like WHO IS THAT GUY??? But then I remember he's a soap star I think, and he guest starred in Moonlight once, definitely gave Alex O'Loughlin a run for his money and he too is gorgeous! That said, I don't think I have any interest seeing Scorpion King sequel though, never even bothered with the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Thomaz
    thanks, Thomaz, always nice to see you here :)

    @Flixy
    ah, Flixy, darling, I was expecting for someone to stay speechless in front of that pic :) You know how I aim to excite and thrill my girls and boys :))

    @Ivana Dragicevic
    hvala, Ivana, drago mi je da ti se svidja :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. 'ajd, sad pa nam svrati cesto na kaficu :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. With Joseph Fiennes, Camelot could be a winner :) I think I'd still prefer BBC's Merlin though :P
    And why oh WHY do they want another sequel to the Scorpion King? It's a dead franchise, why must they taunt us continuously?

    ReplyDelete
  19. I agree about Joseph, although I was always shocked with how bad he scored at all of my polls he appeared in :(
    Nothing can beat Merlin :)
    Oh, it's not a dead franchise, it's just not a cinema franchise anymore :))) but DVD one :) I myself enjoy cheap epics from time to time.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.