Sunday, October 3, 2010

AMAZING TEASER FOR MEDIEVAL EPIC "IRONCLAD" WITH JAMES PUREFOY, PAUL GIAMATTI, DEREK JACOBI, BRIAN COX ...

You all know how much your Hollywood Spy loves historicals and epics, so the upcoming film "Ironclad" is definitely one of my most anticipated ones in 2011. If you click on the video bellow you will see quite a stunning early teaser made only from the first two weeks of shooting, but it still is amazing and cool and the music is larger than life.
The film is set in 1215 when the rebel barons of England have forced their despised King John to put his royal seal to the Magna Carta, a noble, seminal document that upheld the rights of free-men. Yet within months of pledging himself to the great charter, the King reneged on his word and assembled a mercenary army on the south coast of England with the intention of bringing the barons and the country back under his tyrannical rule. Barring his way stood the mighty Rochester castle, a place that would become the symbol of the rebel's momentous struggle for justice and freedom.
The movie will have an absolutely amazing cast: James Purefoy as the brave Marshall joined by best acting legends Britain can offer Derek Jacoby, Richard Attenborough (although I'm not sure about him since he was ill at some point of the production), Brian Cox, Guy Siner (remember famous Gruber from ALO, ALO), then there's also the amazing Jason Flemyng, and two lovely ladies Kate Mara and Bree Condon, and off course Paul Giamatti as the evil King John. Megan Fox and William Moseley were also supposed to star in it, but they are not in the cast.

18 comments:

  1. Looks good so far! Giamatti will make a wicked king. Haven't seen Brian Cox for a while, either. (Think he's been doing a lot of voice acting lately.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be seeing Cox in RED and in RISE OF THE APES in the future. They could use him more, he is a great actor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks awesome. I'd love to have that sword hanging in my living room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. are you sure you're wife would let you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! this sounds amazing! love flemyng and giamatti. let's hope megan fox never shows...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am still pretty new to blogging, but I have to say I totally love your blog! I love the look of it and I love the movies you preview and review. I didn't know about the disney ones coming out, they look totally cool! I love the pictures you find to put on your blogs to make them look so amazing! I think of the blogs I have seen so far, yours is one of my most favorite! I really look forward to seeing all the new things you post, so I became a follower so I can keep up on what you put out there! I love all the side bar things you have too, and think the name of your blog is totally awesome! =0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The trailer looks pretty generic but I'd watch this on dvd for the cast. James Purefoy, Derek Jacobi, Brian Cox, not bad, not bad at all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks like my kind of movie.

    ......dhole

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Vics
    oh,I love Flemyng as well :)

    @Lynda
    the music is great!

    @Debbie
    why, thank you, my dear, I don't remember getting such lovely compliments before :) I do try to cheer up my readers by exciting them with pics or with interesting news. Side-bar content is there to make the blog more dynamic, and I hope I've managed to do that :) Thanks for following HOLLYWOOD SPY, hope we'll be seeing you here often :)

    @Donna
    hey, Donna, welcome to HOLLYWOOD SPY. Glad you like the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Flixy
    it's just a trailer from first two weeks of shooting, but the cast promises a great movie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That trailer definitely says Ironclad is one to see. I hope the rest of the film lives up to it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The music is from last King Artur. Or at least 80% of what I've heard in this trailer. No wonder it sounds good. :)

    Too bad I'm not at least interested in this story. :( Cast is good, and cinematography looks up to the task. They showed us it's possible to make good historical film with limited budget. If nothing else, it looks much better than Centurion. That one was too monochromatic and too violent for my tastes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I knew you wouldn't like CENTURION, Bels, I enjoyed it. It wasn't the best of films, but it was good enough, and the actors were great, although I find Fassbenders accent extremely weird and difficult to understand.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How superbly amazing! Can't believe they've only been filming for 2 weeks. That should be a good film.

    ReplyDelete
  15. it should, can't wait for some more pics and a real trailer :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks pretty cool. Anything with Derek Jacobi is gonna be kickass, so this is a must see for me :) Historical epics are always a favourite of mine, and I'm glad they seem to be making a comeback :)

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.