Thursday, August 22, 2013

MARION COTILLARD IS MICHAEL FASSBENDER'S LADY 'MACKBETH'! ELIZABETH OLSEN IS SCARLET WITCH IN 'AVENGERS AGE OF ULTRON'? AMAZING 'THE BOOK THIEF' WW2 TRAILER WITH GEOFFREY RUSH! HAYLEY ATWELL JOINS 'CINDERELLA'

ELIZABETH OLSEN TO PLAY
 SCARLET WITCH IN AVENGERS II?
According to latest rumours Saoirse Ronan has passed on the role of Scarlet Witch in THE AVENGERS AGE OF ULTRON and the frontrunner for the role has now become Elizabeth Olsen! Joss Whedon has previously revealed that he has imagined the role of Wanda Maximoff aka Scarlet Witch with Saoirse in mind. Scarlet Witch can control probabilities while her twin brother Pietro Maximoff aka Quicksilver has the power of superspeed. Aaron Johnson is rumoured for that role. The film, which will see the return of Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Chris Hemsworth, Mark Rufallo and others, will start shooting next February. After a number of dramatic roles, Elizabeth Olsen is moving over to blockbusters starting next year with GODZILLA in which she already stars with Aaron Johnson!

HAYLEY ATWELL JOINS
KENNETH BRANAGH'S 'CINDERELLA'
Kenneth Branagh's movie adaptation of fairy tale CINDERELLA has another cast member: Hayley Atwell will play Cinderella's mother who appears at the beginning of the film. She joins Lily James in the lead role, Cate Blanchett as the stepmother, Richard Madden as the prince, Helena Bonham Carter as the Fairy Godmother, Holly Grainger and Sophie McShera as the stepsisters, Stellan Skarsgard as the Grand Duke.
MARION COTILLARD JOINS MICHAEL FASS- BENDER IN 'MACBETH'
Good news also come from the new adaptation of MACKBETH! It seems that Michael Fassbender, who is taking the lead role in the Justin Kurzel directed movie, will get a decent wife in the film. Instead of the previous horrid choice of weak and bland Natalie Portman, the role of lady Macbeth will go to Marion Cotillard! The film will be set in war torn 11th century Scotland.

THE BOOK THIEF WW2 TRAILER
WITH GEOFFREY RUSH
20th Century Fox has released the first trailer for the movie adaptation of Markus Zuzak's novel THE BOOK THIEF which will open up in theatres this November starring Geoffrey Rush! This drama tells the inspirational story of a spirited and courageous young girl who transforms the lives of everyone around her when she is sent to live with a new family in World War II Germany. Geoffrey Rush and Emily Watson play her adoptive parents whose lives, together with their whole German town, will change forever when she begins stealing books and sharing them with others!

36 comments:

  1. I still find it interesting that Chris Evans is both Johnny Storm and Steve Rogers. As far as Elizabeth Olsen goes, I'm okay with that choice. It's nice to have a relative unknown in a role sometimes, without expectations from their previous work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, Chrissy was born to be a superhero :) One of my all time faves....

      Delete
  2. Can't say I've seen any of her work but, at a glance, Olsen seems to have the right look for Scarlet Witch. As for Cotillard, I think she'd make a killer Lady Macbeth. I have nothing against Portman, but she would have been an entirely wrong choice for the role.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she mostly played in dramas, a talented girl they say... she recently shot THERESE RAQUIN here in my country.
      I gave up on Mackbeth when they cast UnImportant Natalie, but now I'm excited again with Marion, although if you ask me Cate Blanchett would've been the best choice :)

      Delete
  3. I can't imagine anyone turning down a chance to work with Joss Whedon - crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love WWII period Movies, and the THE BOOK THIEF sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it will be one of those rare films we fall in love with and remember forever! My fave genre!

      Delete
  5. Oh, Marion Cotillard is a terrific choice to play opposite Michael Fassbender. Happy, happy, happy dance. :)

    And The Book Thief looks wonderful. Such a great book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, my heart is settled and calmed finally, Fass My Benders will have a decent partner...

      I wanted to translate BOOK THIEF but the rival publisher already nabbed it :(

      Delete
  6. Marion Cotillard... my, my, my, my, my... my!
    shhhh, no secret crushing on her... though her last scene the dark knight rises was interesting and now we know why the dark knight rises... wow i think i made this post a little blue, i am sorry. i will go stand in the corner for an hour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. boys do love Marion and my choice of her pics....

      And you do know we will now hunt you down and cover you in tar and feathers for mentioning that atrocious movie, which title is forbidden here by law!

      Delete
  7. She could be a damn nice.....looking....witch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she ain't playing those three lovely witches (ever my fave Shakespeare's characters) but the crazy wife :) but I hope the witches appear in the film too!

      Delete
  8. I love this tráiler of the book thief I wanna see the movie!!! thanks Dezzy!
    I love these stories Dezzy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. and I know why all the men love Marion Cotillard! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't Marion Cotillard just stunning? Such a beauty!

    I like Elizabeth Olsen too. I just watched one of her movies not too long ago and think she has some talent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she is lovely!
      Elizabeth is lovely too and talented, although I didn't like any of her previous movies

      Delete
  11. THE BOOK THIEF Nice trailer , I think this is going to be a beautiful story see at the cinema .

    ReplyDelete
  12. I definitely have to see The Book Thief! What a great trailer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. one of them stories you wished you wrote them yourself, yes?

      Delete
  13. I want to see Book Thief! There's all kinds of great movies coming out in November!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, November, December and then March next year are the best movie months :)

      Delete
  14. I want to read The Book Thief before I see the movie.

    I'd like to see Mackbeth.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful trailer, the Book Thief, Dezzy ~ I adore the movie Life of PI so I am sure I will love this movie too ~ Thanks for the update ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is a wonderful one, isn't it? LIFE OF PI was also magnificent, one of the very few of the recent movies which kept my attention from the start to the end!

      Delete
  16. Macbeth with Marion and Michael? Count me in. And for The Book Thief as well. What a wonderful - albeit sad - story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. two brilliant pieces of news today, yes? :)

      Delete
  17. The Book Thief looks to be one of those films that everyone needs to see because it speaks to our universal humanity. We can learn that although times have changed, truth has not. Hope and words are eternal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. those are our favourite movies - with message and an educational element

      Delete
  18. "The Book Thief" looks like my kind of movie!

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.