Saturday, June 22, 2013

HELENA BONHAM CARTER IS FAIRY GODMOTHER IN "CINDERELLA"! SMURFILICIOUS "THE SMURFS 2" TRAILER WITH NEIL PATRICK HARRIS, CHRISTINA RICCI, KATY PERRY! HILARIOUS "FREE BIRDS" TRAILER WITH WOODY HARELLSON & OWEN WILSON AS TURKEYS!


THE SMURFS 2 TRAILER
SMURFS ARE GOING TO PARIS!
We're going a bit juvenile today at HOLLYWOOD SPY with two trailers for delightful animated features. First, a trailer for a sequel kids around the world have been waiting with great excitement - THE SMURFS 2! Coming to theatres July 31st, the film will see Patrick (Neil Patrick Harris) and Grace (Jayma Mays) teaming up with THE SMURFS again on an important adventure. The evil Gargamel (Hank Azaria) has captured Smurfette (Katy Perry), with the help of his new creation, Smurflike creatures known as The Naughties (Christina Ricci and J.B. Smoove). As the Smurfs try to rescue their beloved Smurfette, she develops a "naughty" streak of her own in this animated adventure from director Raja Gosnell. Sofia Vergara, Anton Yelchin and Brendan Gleeson are also in the cast! The first film has earned almost $150 million only in USA back in 2011!
SMURF THIS Alan Cumming lends his voice to Gutsy Smurf, Mario Lopez is Social Smurf, George Lopez is Grouchy and Anton Yelchin Clumsy Smurf! Katy Perry isn't the only flimsy pop tart in this project: Britney Spears will sing the "Ooh La La" song for the film! I'm guessing Adele wasn't free :)



HELENA BONHAM CARTER
 IS FAIRY GODMOTHER IN CINDERELLA
And speaking of stories for kids, we have new casting info from the production of CINDERELLA which is getting its live action version helmed by famous Kenneth Branagh. The cast which already includes Cate Blanchett as the evil Stepmother, Richard Madden as the Prince, Holliday Grainger and Sophie McShera as Stepsisters and Lily James as the CINDERELLA, has now added Helena Bonham Carter as the Fairy GodMother! We've recently watched Helena in LES MISERABLES and will watch her soon this summer next to Armie Hammer and Johnny Depp in THE LONE RANGER! Back in their early days, Helena was actually Kenneth's girfriend for a few years!

FREE BIRDS TRAILER
 TURKEYS DO SOME TIME TRAVEL
The second trailer is for another crazy hilarious adventure coming to cinemas somewhere around Thanksgiving later this November. FREE BIRDS will see Woody Harellson and Owen Wilson lending voices to two birds who go on an epic adventure with time travel involved in order to prevent their feathery brothers and sisters becoming a festive diner for humans. In this hilarious, adventurous buddy comedy for audiences of all ages, directed by Jimmy Hayward (Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears a Who), two turkeys from  opposite sides of the tracks must put aside their differences and team up to travel back in time to change the course of history - and get turkey off the Thanksgiving menu for good.

22 comments:

  1. WHOA WAIT!!!!! How in the hell did I miss the original Smurfs????????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of fun stories and ANOTHER CINDERELLA?! I mean, seriously, how many more versions will they come out with. I find the story enchanting, BUT give i a rest already. Create something NEW instead of beating the same story line to death..... LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. have we ever actually had a live action version of CINDERELLA? I think it will work with this cast and director :)
      With MALEFICENT next year and LITTLE MERMAID in plan too, I think Goldylocks is the only remaining fairy tale without a film :)

      Delete
  3. Count me in for Cinderella. I just love fairy tales and while Helena Bonham may be a bit odd she can certainly act - imo. However, I hated the smurfs back when they first came out and I don't like them any more now. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh, poor little Smurfs :) It's a huge business around that film,since they earned hundreds of millions of dollars only for all kinds of merchandise connected with the blue colour. They're even putting out Smurf blueberries this year :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. totally smurf, I mean no smurfiding!

      Delete
    2. i can be such a bean sometimes... in my defense i was sleepy at the smurf-time.

      Delete
    3. pfft, I bet it's because Smurfette wasn't on screen and it made you fall asleep....

      Delete
  5. I haven't seen the first smurfs yet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is that Helena Bonham Carter doing her best impression of Bjork? Ha! She is so crazy, but I love her. She will be a great fairy godmother. I'm liking this Cinderella film more and more. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the pic was kinda fitting for the fairy Godmother :)

      Delete
  7. It looks like there are a couple of good kid movies coming out. I can't believe the Smurfs have made a comeback. I remember them when I was a teenager!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you didn't miss EPIC animated movie earlier this SPring with Bubba :)

      Delete
  8. I'm sure my smurfing kids will make me go see Smurfs 2. I do love Neil Patrick Harris so it's okay. :)

    I am surprised that a big Cinderella blockbuster hasn't been made before this (non animated).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your kids really are smurfingly cool :) You must take them to watch it :)

      Delete
  9. I've always hated those friggin' Smurfs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay Smurfs 2, Quite enjoyed the first one gave me a few giggle and brought back some fond memories of the cartoon when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the show as a kid too :) and the opening music brings such lovely memories!

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.