Wednesday, January 4, 2012

MESMERIZING TRAILER FOR SF FILM "UPSIDE DOWN" WITH JIM STURGESS & KIRSTEN DUNST! JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE TO PLAY ELTON JOHN IN HIS MUSICAL BIOPIC! "BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE" & ANDROIDS IN NEW NBC SF SHOW PILOT!

 You remember that I mentioned a couple of times before that Elton John is planning a musical biopic about himself which will have a
surreal touch since he wants it to be made in the vein of famous MOULIN ROUGE which is why he wanted to hire Baz Luhrmann in the first place to fill the director's chair, but Luhrmann couldn't find the time. The film, which will feature most of his biggest hits, is being written by the people who penned BILLY ELLIOT. A new piece of information is that Elton wants Justin Timberlake to portray him in this film. As you remember, HOLLYWOOD SPY also thought Justin would be a better choice back when there were gossips that James McAvoy could take the lead. Justin has already brilliantly portrayed Elton in his video for "This Train Don't Stop There Anymore" a few years ago. According to "The Hollywood Reporter" a new director has been found, but no names have been revealed.
HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
Now this sounds kinda interesting. According to "Deadline" NBC is preparing a pilot for a new show called BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE
which already has James Murray (CHAOS) and Patrick Heusinger (ROYAL PAINS, GOSSIP GIRL) in the cast. The story is set in a futuristic society where humans co-exist with androids known as Mechanicals, who are treated like lower-class citizens. James Murray will play the son of Lynda, whose late husband created the company which builds the Mechanicals. Although he lives an affluent life as a successful attorney, he makes a name for himself by suggesting the Mechanicals have civil rights. Patrick Heusinger will play a Mechanical employed by Lynda, who is deemed "defective" when he starts to feel forbidden emotions after his daughter's death.

OMG OMG OMG it's here, it's here, it's here, just a week ago I was telling you about the magnificent new sf film UPSIDE DOWN and showing you amazing
pics from the film, and now the trailer is here: and it is beautiful, from the amazing music, to wonderful sets and colours to mindblowing visuals. Check it out yourself. As you remember, Kristen Dunst and Jim Sturgess play the lead roles in the story of this romantic sci fi movie which takes place in two worlds that are literally on top each other, each city with their own gravity system. Sadly, the citizens of each town can not visit the other, for unknown reasons. Jim Sturgess plays the main character Adam, a seemingly ordinary guy in a very extraordinary universe. He lives humbly trying to make ends meet, but his romantic spirit holds on to the memory of a girl he met once upon a time from another world, an inverted affluent world with its own gravity, directly above but beyond reach... a girl named Eve (Kirsten Dunst). Their
childhood flirtation becomes an impossible love. But when he catches a glimpse of grown up Eve on television, nothing will get in the way of getting her back. Not even the law or science! Like any good lovelorn hero, he's not going to let a little thing like gravity get in the way of his heart's desire.

41 comments:

  1. I wasn't to keen on the movie when you brought it up last week but now that I've seen the trailer. It's a must see for me. Just loved the effects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Justin would be amazing as Elton!!!

    Upside Down does look cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG - that is the best trailer ever! The visuals are stunning! Can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it just mindblowing, Clarissa? I was left speechless by the trailer :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Kelly
    he would, wouldn't he? He was amazing in ROCKET MAN, and plus has the voice for it! And I can totally see him in a film done in the vein of MOULIN ROUGE

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Jemi
    I'm also stunned :) such beauty, and it is exactly my favourite type of movies - a film with a surreal story set in some non-defined or strange place and time, and plus the love story as the main fuel :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really looking forward to Upside Down. It looks like a pretty good concept.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Andy
    ai ai indeed :)

    @Gloria
    glad you do, Gloria, it is really amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun stuff today!

    Ha! When I first watched the clip I was wondering if Kirsten Dunst would be upside down during the entire movie. :)) Strange concept, but it looks great. And I do sort of have a little crush on Mr. Sturgess. He does the "I'm dying inside" look really well. :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. they do meet and dance in, as far as I got it, that illegal bar for people of the both world to meet :) Until the police comes off course.
    I didn't like Sturgess before, but he is growing on me now :) I expect we shall be seeing more of him in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think that Justin Timberlake could indeed play a young Elton John. That would be something. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. something to watch and to listen :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I also think Timberlake would be a interesting choice. And as for upside, it does seem to have great visuals but the film is going to need to a goob job of explaining why the two sides can't interact cause right now it seems rather contrived.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow that trailer does look great, the movie may actually be good, who knows. And hasn't that robot thingy been done like, a million times already?..haha

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Pat
    it is such an amazing trailer, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  16. OK...two more movies have my interest piqued! Thanks for your well done previews as always. Made cinnamon rolls tonight...they smell fabulous, but we'll wait to sample in the AM.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have goosebumps! So ready for Upside Down!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'd see that Elton John bopic. Love me some Elton.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This trailer is jaw-dropping. I went through so many emotions in that 2 minutes. What a stunning film this is going to be.

    Would love to see Justin play Elton in a full length bio pic. He is really developing his acting talent.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I remember that Elton Video clearly and JT was awesome. I look forward to the film

    ReplyDelete
  21. Upside down is going to be magnificant. I agree that Timberlake would be a great choice for the role, but my youngest nephew looks exactly like him and Aunty Anne gets a little creeped out if she notices Timberlakes abs. (I'm sorry I'm late, but Hubby was admistted to hospital yesterday and I'm trying to catch up with all of you)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful People sounds like it has a pretty interesting plot.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for posting the upsidedown trailer! I've been interested in the movie since you mentioned it on your blog before!

    ReplyDelete
  24. @Lizzy
    glad you like the films :) Cinnamon rolls sound lovely, I've never tried them, but I think I would love them :)

    @Kristin
    it is a goosebumpy trailer :)

    @Tonkow
    it sure will!

    ReplyDelete
  25. @Joshua
    it should be a great one, especially if they really go for surreal as in MOULIN ROUGE

    @Melsy
    it is really a great one, isn't it? I expected it to be good, but this is even better :) I might like it even more if someone else was in it instead of Kirsten, but it is still a very promising film!

    @Scott
    I liked most of those more recent videos in which Elton used his celebrity friends as stars, like that one with Elizabeth Taylor, that one was great too

    ReplyDelete
  26. @Anne
    oh, my, sorry to hear that about your hubs, hope it is not something serious. Is he better now? I'm sending you energy and strength, my dear! I'm sure he will be fine, you Irish people are strong and resilient!

    @Rgers
    it sure does!

    @Berserc
    hope you like it now that you've seen it, Berserc!

    ReplyDelete
  27. ohmygoodness! upsidedown.... WOW!!!
    definitely must see!!!!
    timberlake would do well, but mcavoy on screen is sheer magic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. it is a mega WOW isn't it?
    You know I adore McAvoy, but I think Justin has that piece of craziness in him, that Elton also has :) I just caught McAvoy in CHILDREN OF DUNE late last night on TV. He was so very perdy in that one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Not really feeling the Justen Timberlake to Elton John idea. Timberlake did it years ago in a music video and while it worked there, I'm not sure it could still work.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sadly, the clip isn't working but the story sounds really really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I don't like Justin. :/

    ReplyDelete
  32. @Max
    sorry to hear that, I personally always have faith in Justin because he has never disappointed with his music nor with his acting

    @Libby
    Warner has been taking down the trailer from YouTube all day long, I've put a new one, hope this one will last a bit longer :)

    @Pesos
    sorry to hear that

    ReplyDelete
  33. Elton John movie? wut?

    ReplyDelete
  34. You are right Dez, the Upside Down trailer is mesmerizing indeed! I like the song choice too, I do hope the film will be as good as this trailer. I like Jim Sturgess so that's another reason to see it. On a contrasting note, I don't really care for Elton John nor Timberlake so for sure I'll be skipping the project if that gets made.

    ReplyDelete
  35. it is one of top five best trailers I've seen in a long time :)
    I adore Timberlake, so I'm not skipping the film if it happens ;)

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.