Thursday, December 29, 2011

AMAZING PICS FOR SF FILM "UPSIDE DOWN" WITH KIRSTEN DUNST & JIM STURGESS. NEW TRAILER FOR PERIOD DRAMA "BEL AMI" WITH ROBERT PATTINSON, CHRISTINA RICCI, UMA THURMAN

The end of December and beginning of January are known as the worst weeks in movie news business, so it's not easy finding fresh info in this part of the year. Bare with me people, bare with me, better times are coming ;)
AMAZING UPSIDE DOWN
The first thing I have for you today are the first pictures from one of our most anticipated sf films in 2012, an unusual sf story UPSIDE DOWN which will obviously have a very unique and probably spectacular visual appeal. With the budget of around $ 60 million and with Kirsten Dunst and Jim Sturgess in the lead roles, the story of this romantic sci fi movie takes place in two worlds that are literally on top each other, each city with their own gravity system.
Sadly, the citizens of each town can not visit the other, for unknown reasons. Jim Sturgess plays the main character Adam, a seemingly ordinary guy in a very extraordinary universe. He lives humbly trying to make ends meet, but his romantic spirit holds on to the memory of a girl he met once upon a time from another world, an inverted affluent world
with its own gravity, directly above but beyond reach... a girl named Eve (Kirsten Dunst). Their childhood flirtation becomes an impossible love. But when he catches a glimpse of grown up Eve on television, nothing will get in the way of getting her back. Not even the law or science! Like any good lovelorn hero, he's not going to let a little thing like gravity get in the way of his heart's desire.
Look up towards the sky and rub your eyes because you won't believe what you see: cities, forests, and oceans with their own inverted gravity, only an arm's length away, yet completely unreachable. Take a leap over to this alternate reality, two worlds - one above, one below facing each other, and you'll land in the extraordinary world of UPSIDE DOWN.
HOLLYWOOD SPY has been following this film since 2009 and I can't wait to finally see the first trailer. In the meantime enjoy the first pictures.
RPATS WANTS TO BE UR BEL AMI
The only trailer I have for you today is a new one for my ladies: a UK clip for period drama BEL AMI which should hit British cinemas next
March, but it still doesn't have a US release date. This adaptation of a Guy de Maupassant’s novel stars that guy some ladies love for unfathomable reasons, Robert Pattinson alongside some forgotten actresses such as Christina Ricci, Kristen Scott Thomas and Uma Thurman. The story follows a man's rise to power in Paris by manipulating the city's most influential and wealthy women. He travels through 1890s Paris, from cockroach ridden garrets to opulent salons, using his wits and powers of seduction to rise from poverty to wealth, from a prostitute’s embrace to passionate trysts with wealthy beauties. And all of this happens in a world where politics and media jostle for influence,
where sex is power and celebrity an obsession. But beware, the trailer features lots of really bad acting and frigid facial expressions from RPats, Thurman and even Scott Thomas. And in case you're interested the beautiful song in the very end of the trailer is "Nara" from E. S. Posthumus.
And have you noticed that HOLLYWOOD SPY has had it's 1,000,000th visitor last night? My dearest L.G. Smith took a print screen of the moment when the stat counter was at 999,999

40 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Dezz!!! Looking forward to your apple baklava...that sounds fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. UPside down looks interesting WOW one MILLION visits NICE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks, Lizzy :) I keep forgetting to post my coffee and toffee roll cake at Face ;) but I will probably post apple baklava too, and you will like it since it is extremely easy and simple to make :) Last year I made quince baklava, and I think I have that one over there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Baur
    it does look nice and upside down, doesn't it? :)
    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your 1-millionth visitor Dez, onwards and upwards!

    I like Jim Sturgess, I might check out Upside Down when it comes out. Kirsten seems to be hot again now after Melancholia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dezzy - Congrats on over 1 million visits. Very awesome! You are amazing. Hope your holidays have been full of joy and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bon Ami is not for me. I'm not into romances at all. What overshadows all of this is that my dear Dez has broken the million mark. Go Dez!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I share you enthusiasm Dezz with upside down Dezz. can't wait to see the trailer. I like both actors too.

    Wow!! 1 million!! congratulation Dezz :)
    I love that print screen. I tried to do that odd number but only managed to capture 66.666. I want to do it again but always miss my timing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, Jim Sturgess is my newest favorite actor. Really impressed by his acting in Fifty Dead Men Walking and The Way Back.

    And I thought Bel Ami looked pretty good. I'll probably try and see that one when it goes to DVD.

    Congrats again on your amazing visitor count. Aren't you glad the counter kept working?

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Flixy
    yep, Dunst is pretty much present these days. I'm not a huge fan of her, but I like the premise of the film and it's my favourite genre sf mixed with romance :)

    @Shells
    thanks, Shells, I still can't believe we're over million :)
    My holidays weren't good, but I hope yours were lovely

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Anee
    he he I knew you wouldn't be up to romance :) I myself adore romantic films, and romcoms but they've gathered all of the most unromantic faces in this one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not really so interested in that Bel Ami, but how odd does Upside Down look? Personally, I'm thinking hubs and I might sneak off to see the new Mission Impossible this week... I know.

    Happy New Year, Dez~ :o) <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Novia
    imagine if it starred Cillian instead of Sturgess :) It would've been even better.
    I also missed my timing, but I have my darling angels who always take care of me and support me and do those things instead of me, like L.G. did this time :) I love my Blogger, Face and Twitter angel army

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Luanne
    he was also nice in ONE DAY with Anne Hathaway, a very cute film :)
    I am, my dear, I am, for a second I thought it might go back to zero LOL :)

    @Leigh
    MISSION IMPOSSIBLE is banned at HOLLYWOOD SPY since it contains and idiotic line in which Tom Cruise says something stupid like - I KILL SERBS LIKE FLIES :(((((
    Happy New Year, Lee

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is linked on my profile page. Can you share from there?
    Thanks for banning MI for that line. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Upside Down might be okay, at least it sounds semi-original and 1,000,000 damn that is a ton! All those zero's make my eyes twirl..haha

    ReplyDelete
  17. upsidedown looks good, I refuse to watch anything with RP in it though

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congradulations on getting over a million view on your blog!
    And the upsidedown movie looks amazing! I hope you post a trailer once you find one!

    ReplyDelete
  19. "Upside down" sounds interesting but awckward too, I wonder how it will look like. Anyway, it's silly to call the characters Adam and Eve -_-

    CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Let's reach 2M in 2013 =)

    Happy new year!
    Lucinda

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW 1M hits is very impressive!! I am totally made up for you my friend.

    I wish I could share your excitement for Upside Down. It looks a bit silly to me... sorry matey

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations, DEZZY! :-)

    I think I'll go watch Bel Ami, even though I agree there's quite a bit of bad acting in this trailer. I like the atmosphere, though, and most of the actors/actresses.

    Am I the only one who expected RP to show fangs?

    ReplyDelete
  22. @Mary
    yep, I can put stories to Face using this share gadget but I can't copy and paste the link over there for some reason. And I was shocked to hear that line in MISSION IMPOSSIBLE. I couldn't believe a man can be such a horrid idiot to utter something like that and earn millions of dollars with the film :( We leave in a very sick world

    @Pat
    it is a ton :) A hypo and a rhino ton ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. @Aamedor
    HOLLYWOOD SPY also refuses to watch anything with RPats and his horrid woman Kirsten Stewart. They should be prosecuted for crimes against acting

    @Berserc
    thanks :) as soon as the trailer is released it will be here ;)

    @Lucinda
    thanks :) I'm not sure we will reach second million that soon, maybe in a decade or so :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. @Scott
    thanks, Scott, and where is your feeling for a bit of sf romance? :)

    @KC
    thanks my dear :)
    I don't think you are the only one, especially since he is as pale as a vampire in this one too and has that dead look in his eyes, kinda like a vampire or a zombie at least.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats on a million! woo hoo~ so exciting
    Oooh, your cake sounds heavenly...I will have to stop by FB to see what I have missed ;D

    Upside Down looks mesmerizing, I love the idea, can't wait!

    I love period films, but this one not so sure.
    It has the appeal, but I dislike frozen facial looks...

    Hope your holiday was warm n' wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm not a fan of Pattison either but that upside down one looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  27. UPSIDE DOWN looks interesting for sure. Creative, anyway.

    Hard to take Robert Pattinson seriously in anything now.

    So...the counter hit 999,999. Did it freeze there? What happens next?

    ReplyDelete
  28. Those upside down pics are amazing! Very cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congrats again on 1 million page views!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Upside down looks really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  31. @Ella
    I can't find the time to take pics of my latest cakes out of the camera :( so I didn't have many updates at Face recently. I'm preparing to cook "sarma" tomorrow, which is a traditional thing to eat here for New Years' Eve :) Those are sauerkraut leaves stuffed with minced meat and cooked, but I stuff them with tofu and onions and rice and paprika

    @Clarissa
    he he we still haven't find a single fan of RPats here :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. @Josh
    it continues with counting as you can see above in the sidebar, Joshy, it's now over a million and six thousand :)

    @Jemi
    they are, aren't they? :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. @Baur
    thanks, Baur

    @Rgers
    it certainly does

    ReplyDelete
  34. Yay!!! Over 1 Million Visitors!!! Congratulations, my friend. That is an amazing feat. I am so happy for you. And good job, L.G. on screen cap. She rocks!

    R Patts and crew are just dreadful, so you know I will not be watching this one. They all look as though they're posing.

    Upside Down looks very cool and intriguing. I know you've been talking about this one for a long time. I learned about it from you. :)I can't wait to see the trailer, either.

    Congrats again, sweetheart, and may millions more enter in. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  35. She rocks big time :)
    I hope the trailer will come soon.
    Thanks, Melsy!

    ReplyDelete
  36. dezzy! i don't have time to read the whole thing tonight, but the pics look beautiful for the upside down one!
    and
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!! YOU SO DESERVE EVERY ONE OF THOSE VIEWS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I see it now. Computer was running a virus scan so some elements were having trouble loading earlier. Nicely done, sir.

    ReplyDelete
  38. @Dezzy That would be good ;) but I don't mind seeing Sturgess...he's quite hot too.

    Ah...I envy your angel army ;)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Don't forget to read it later on, Vics, because it is a really lovely plot and a very cute story :)
    Thanks, we do deserve millions, don't we LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. @Josh
    hope you don't have viruses :) I recommend using AVAST virus programme, it's free to download from the net and it is very good.


    @Novia
    yes, I'm extremely proud of my angel army, everybody should have one like I do :) My angels sometimes touch me deeply and profoundly with their support

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.