Thursday, December 1, 2011

HARRISON FORD TO JOIN "ENDER'S GAME"? NOVAK DJOKOVIC IN "THE EXPENDABLES 2"! LEA MICHELE, TAYLOR SWIFT AND SCARJO FIGHT FOR "LES MISERABLES" ROLE! "BONESHAKER" MOVIE ADAPTATION

As you know, fantasy sagas for teens and kids are, for some strange reason, currently the biggest hit in Hollywood, and beside THE HUNGER GAMES and THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS, another
one of these will be ENDER'S GAME. According to "Variety", the movie adaptation of Orson Scott Card's sf novel from the 80's has just got its lead star: little Asa Butterfield (whom you've seen recently in the trailer for Scorsese's HUGO, and before that in BBC's MERLIN) will take the role of a gifted young gamer with an almost preternatural capacity for strategy and logistics who is recruited by the government to help battle an insect-like alien race. It is interesting that Harrison Ford might get the role of Colonel Hyrum Graff, the Commander of Training for the International Fleet, an elite boys' military academy, while little Hailee Steinfeld could get the role of the girl from the Salamander Army. Coming to cinemas in 2013, the film is directed by Gavin Hood (WOLVERINE, TSOTSI).

HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
Well, the whole world loves Serbia's Novak Djokovic, world's tennis player number one, and it seems he will carry his natural charm and comedic talent to the movie world as well. Apparently
he has visited the sets of THE EXPENDABLES 2 in Bulgaria. He will have a small bad guy role in the movie with the incredible cast which includes  Sylvester Stallone, Bruce Willis, Chuck Norris, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Liam Hemsworth... As you know the upcoming movie adaptation of famous novel LES MISERABLES by Victor Hugo, already has Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, Anne Hathaway and Eddie Redmayne, which means that one of the roles left unoccupied is the one of young Eponine. According to latest rumors actresses currently fighting for this one include Lea Michele from GLEE, country star Taylor Swift and sex bomb Scarlett Johansson. Lea is apparently the top contender so far.

According to "MovieWeb" we shall be watching a movie adaptation of Cherie Priest's fantasy novel BONESHAKER some time in 2013. Nominated for famous Hugo award back in 2010, this
steampunk science-fiction incorporates futuristic innovations into a Victorian setting with the story which is set in an alternate version of 1880s Seattle, where the city has been walled in and a toxic gas has turned many of its remaining residents into "Rotters", more commonly known as zombies. A young widow hunts for her teen son in the Seattle underworld, while dealing with airship pirates, a criminal overlord and heavily armed refugees. The saga has two more books - DREADNOUGHT and GANYMEDE. The whole project is described as Jules Verne meets Resident Evil :)

37 comments:

  1. Seems like they've been talking about making an Ender's Game movie for a decade now. It would be nice if it finally happened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know it's not my cup of tea, with kids being warriors or whatever, but I know a lot of people out there like the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully the expendables 2 will be good but who knows, Tennis players may just be enough..haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not counting on it being good, too much trashy stars in it :) but it will certainly be fun at least :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boneshaker sounds like a good one to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Harrison Ford. In Ender's Game?

    Please let this be try. He'd be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think i've read the book, but Enders Game sounds like it could be interesting. I may have to see if can find the book. I have recently started reading American Gods thanks to my oldest brother getting it for me.

    And i am not looking forward to Expendables 2. I don't have a problem with the cast, but i didn't find the first one to be that good of a movie

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Southpaw
    we haven't seen a steampunk film in a while, we could use one

    @David
    Vigo Mortensen was apparently the first choice, but he left the project :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved Ender's Game. I just hope they get it right.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Ender's Game so hard. So hard that I'm almost afraid to see a movie adaptation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Dirty
    AMERICAN GODS is also being turned into an HBO mini series, you have a post on it somewhere here ;)
    I also heard the first one was bad :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Mskatch
    we shall keep our fingers crossed :)

    @Summer
    adaptations are always a tricky thing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. True it will prob be more fun then good, after all you got van damme who's been in direct to video hell forever.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah, i know. That is why i asked my brother to get it for me. I've only read a little, but there is already some stuff i am not sure how they are going to do live action. Like when a woman appears to swallow a man while having sex with him.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oooh! lea michelle would be perfect! she'd already been in the musical on broadway as little cossette, and then they offered her eponine, but she chose some other project, so HOORAY! finally!

    also MERLIN!!!! i was wondering where i'd seen that little boy's face, but i couldn't place it! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! All kinds of goodies! Ender's Game is such a fabulous book - it will be interesting to see what they'll do with it.

    I've got Boneshaker on my desk at school, but haven't read it yet.

    And Djokovic in the movies? Really? Hmmmm.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. sweet, looking forward to Ender's Game. I think Asa Butterfield is a GREAT choice for the role.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so there for Boneshaker. I LOVE the book and steampunk in general. I also can't wait to see that hot Serbian tennis player on screen. Hope he gets to kick Sly Stallone's ass.

    I like Taylor, she's very sweet, but Eponine is a demanding role and given her performance in Valentine's Day, well...she might need a lesson or two. But, hey, she could surprise. Lea is great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Can't wait for The Expendables 2!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey,
    i want to exchange the link with you.if u intrested so please add it in your blog.
    my url:
    http://mkvdownload.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Jules Verne meets Resident Evil? Could be interesting, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Actually I like the sound of that one... The Enders Game... reminds me of something.... hmmm what was it?

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a cast for The Expendables and now the tennis world...will he be the next "Rock"?

    ReplyDelete
  24. @Pats
    I call him Jean Claude Bam Bam :)

    @Dirty
    what the hell??? Sounds really sick

    @Vics
    yep, Lea already played in LES MISERABLES at Broadway. I don't watch GLEE so I don't know her, but I hear a lot of people like her

    ReplyDelete
  25. @Jemi
    Novak was born for movies, he has that natural X factor

    @Lyndy
    seems like a nice kid, although he was really evil in MERLIN :)

    @Melsy
    or at least Jason Statham's ass, not so that it would be kicked, but that we would see it naked on the screen :)))) I vote for Taylor, since she and Redmayne would make a perfect match, Lea is a bit of a big girl for Eddie :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. @Pesos
    glad to see you excited

    @Patrick
    I will check out your site ASAP

    @Rgers
    sounds like an interesting mix

    ReplyDelete
  27. @Scott
    so, what was it? How are you feeling these days, Scottie, you seem a bit under the weather lately :)

    @Lurk
    and I didn't even name all the cast members :) Like Dolp Lundgren, Jason Statham, Jet Lee :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi frnds,check Hollywood movie calendar information about latest Hollywood movies getting ready to release
    Hollywood Upcoming Movies

    ReplyDelete
  29. ooo, cool stuff. Hubs is going to be psyched about that enders game--only he's not such a Ford fan. Yay for Cherie! :o) <3

    ReplyDelete
  30. OH!!! That kid will be perfect as Ender Wiggin. Not sure about Harrison Ford, but he could do it.

    ReplyDelete
  31. And Lea Michele would be a better choice. Pick either of the other two, and I boycott.

    ReplyDelete
  32. @Maxva
    that will be $100 for advertising at HOLLYWOOD SPY

    @Leigh
    I'm not a Ford fan either(although I do love some of Ford cars he he )

    @Josh
    he he I'm actually voting for Taylor since she would go much better next to REdmayne, being smaller and petite and blond and plus we know she could sing :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Les Mis will be another movie date for me and my daughter! Frangelico is a hazelnut liqueur...it goes great with white or dark chocolate...but a bit of vanilla is fine when you don't have it :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. I haven't heard of Enders Game, I've just finally got into Hunger Games and I couldn't put it down. It's pretty well-written. I'm not too crazy about the plot of Enders Game though.

    ReplyDelete
  35. @Lizzy
    yep, Lizzy, with Hugh Jackman in the lead role it would be a crime to miss it :) Mmmm, hazelnuts :)

    @Flixy
    yep, I'm not either, one of the reasons I refuse to watch or read HUNGER GAMES is the use of kids in inappropriate violent situations. YA writers who put children in aggressive settings and make fighters out of them are the biggest evil in today's literary world :(

    ReplyDelete
  36. Can't imagine Taylor Swift as an actress. But you have some star studded line-ups here.

    I'm hoping the movie Ender's game is as good as the book was.

    .......dhole

    ReplyDelete
  37. she already starred in some films, she is quite good since she has that expressive face and those twinkling eyes, perfect for romantic films and sad scenes :) I actually have zero interest in her as a singer (she is rather unknown here in Europe) but I like her as actress.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.