Wednesday, December 2, 2009

JEREMY RENNER ON PLAYING HAWKEYE, THE PURPLE ARCHER

One of the most popular news around the Net these days is the one about actor Jeremy Renner ("The Hurt Locker", "28 Weeks Later") talking about the Hawkeye superhero and the possibility of the character appearing in the future Marvel movies. According to Renner he was in consideration for the role of Captain America but during an interview at Marvel Studios, they talked about Renner possibly playing Hawkeye, the purple Archer, instead.

“I don’t know if I’d be right for Captain America. I met with the Marvel guys, actually, but we didn’t talk about Captain America. But one of the writers, Zak Penn, we’ve become friends over time and he was thinking maybe Hawkeye could be interesting. He sounds like an interesting character. I’m just happy to get considered for big franchise roles like that… I’m not doing the casting. If they see me that way, right on. If they don’t, I’m ok with it", Renner said about the whole buzz. The most probable option is for the Hawkeye to appear in the future adaptation of "The Avangers" although there were rumors that he might appear in "Iron Man 2" or "Thor".

9 comments:

  1. Renner is one of my favorite new actors, even though he has been around for years. I love his bored eyes, almost emotionless but full of life nonetheless. I want to see The Hurt Locker and am still in mourning for The Unusuals.

    I left an award for you on my blog!

    Michele
    SouthernCityMysteries

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez there are so many superheros/comic book characters I've never heard of! I guess they'll eventually all get a chance to have their own movie as Hollywood runs out of ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. But it would be such a pity if we wouldn't see this wonderful purple costume up on the big screen :))

    Yep, Michele, there is some secret fluid in his eyes :) Thanx for the award :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. To copy your fantastic style:
    "What did you study at college?"
    Ahh, Dezmond, college! I knew I was going into broadcasting, but I had so much *fun* in college that by the time three years was up I had to see where I had the most credits. That was English. Lucky for me, I could still jump into English Lit. with full force, and I've always been a reader/writer so it was an immediate match. I was in the midst of my Masters when the Air Force (in which my husband was an Officer) decided to move us unnecessarily. So I was not able to finish that, but I was able to continue my career in broadcasting. I've worked as a reporter, writer, producer and now freelance producer. But mostly I get to work on this blog and my WIP(s) while I raise my children. It's not a bad life.

    "Study" isn't exactly what I did in college, but I came out of it with an awfully large bank of knowledge. Go figure.

    Michele
    SouthernCityMysteries

    ReplyDelete
  5. Which style are you thinking off? :))

    That TV stuff you did sounds very interesting. I 've worked as a journalist for some time, and I know how dynamic and active job it is, but it's extremely alluring since it always keeps you informed and puts you in the middle of all activities which is such a great feeling :)

    I'm glad that you took what you needed at college, both knowledge and fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Green Arrow looks great as envisioned in Smallville TV series. I suppose Hawkeye could be the same. They are similar (on the outside).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Green vs Purple, ugh, tough choice :)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who's this bean sprout? Hawkeye is a hardy, dark haired, Greek looking guy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ahahahah.... "bean sprout" you've described him perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.