Tuesday, October 12, 2010

NEW PICS FROM "YOUR HIGHNESS" WITH JAMES FRANCO & NATALIE PORTMAN. IS BRADLEY COOPER NEW "THE FLASH"? "HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON" GETS OFFICIAL SEQUEL. RHYS IFANS IS A VILLAIN IN "SPIDER-MAN"

I've already mentioned it earlier this year, but the super charming animated blockbuster HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON will now officially get a sequel scheduled for 2013. The film has earned almost $500 million in cinemas with the tale of a young Viking named Hiccup who defies tradition and befriends a dragon. Not only that it mesmerized the audience but the film also had stunning critical reviews. As you remember Jay Baruchel and Gerard Butler were among the voice cast.
Charming British freak Rhys Ifans (NOTTING HILL) will play the unknown villain in the upcoming reboot of SPIDER-MAN. He will thus join Andrew Garfield as Spidey and Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy in the film scheduled for 2012. And another superhero news is actually a gossip about Bradley Cooper being the current front runner to play THE FLASH, the red hero who is quicker than flash. The gossip comes from "Moviehole" but the script for the movie is yet to be finished and the whole project still hasn't been greenlit.

Check out the new pics from medieval comedy YOUR HIGHNESS a fantasy movie about an arrogant lazy prince Thadeous (Danny McBride) and his more heroic brother Fabious (James Franco). When Fabious' bride-to-be Belladonna (Zoey Deschanel) gets kidnapped by the evil wizard Leezar (Justin Theroux),
the king gives his deadbeat son an ultimatum: Man up and help rescue her or get cut off. Embarking on an adventure with his brother and female warrior Isabel (Natalie Portman), Thadeous will help his brother prevent the destruction of his land. The movie is out April 2011.

19 comments:

  1. Not so sure about the medieval thing but I've got time to think it over -- right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, till next spring :) Maybe you'll go medieval till then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Bradley Cooper and the guy from Nottinghill. I hope they get the green light. I think Rhys will make an awesome villain.

    CD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Emma Stone is deliciously cool in that picture :) while Natalie Portman is lovely as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, a reboot of The Flash? I loved that as a kid...not sure how I'd feel about a reboot, but when does Hollywood care about tarnishing my childhood memories? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't care that much for Bradley Cooper but the rest of this looks pretty cool. We loved How to Train Your Dragon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Highness looks like a mix. Glad How to Train Your Dragon will get a sequel. Picking up my DVD copy this Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I heard about Ifans playing the new villain in the Spiderman reboot, it will be interesting to see who they get him to play. Your Highness looks hilarious, and news out of NYCC makes it sound all the more awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll watch anything with Natalie Portman....

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Clarissa
    Rhys will rule :)

    @Summer
    Hollywood is totally ruthless, sister. I loved THE FLASH as a kid as well.

    @Jaccsy
    you know Dezzy has the best pics :) I have another one from the same photo shoot somewhere in old posts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Matt
    I think everybody loved DRAGON this year :)

    @Alex
    hope they will not make it just for the sake of the sequel but because they have a good story


    @Bryan
    NYCCwhat?

    @Andrew
    I know, Andrew, I know ....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Dezmond.
    Really happy that Rhys Ifans is involved in the Spider-man reboot, even though I don't think the franchise ever needed re-booting. Thinks he is a really good actor and can play an amazing villain. And the Flash reboot...long time coming, can't wait. Great post as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, Demps, it's true that we probably don't need remakes in Hollywood at all, not just when it comes to SPIDER-MAN :)
    I'm also anxious about Flash, and it would be interesting to see if Cooper will get the role, like his buddy Ryan Reynolds got Green Lantern.

    ReplyDelete
  14. DEZMOND - Excited about the Dragon sequel. I loved, loved the first one! =D Looks like we were both thinking dragons today Dez!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  15. well, how can you not think about dragons daily :)))

    ReplyDelete
  16. Meh on Cooper as Flash... I hope it's just a rumor. I've got my shortlist as who I'd like to see in the role http://wp.me/pxXPC-1Y3 and he's definitely not in it. Waaaay too pretty. On the other hand, I'm slightly more interested in the Spiderman reboot with Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone and now Rhys Ifans involvement.

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh, I remember the list, Flixy, I believe the two of us have discussed it well :) You know THE FLASH is a really inspirational character when it comes to possible casting :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. 4 bits of awesome news in one!

    Rhys Ifans as The Lizard in Spiderman is gonna be sweet! Having this guy (Welshman, whoo!) in any film gives it extra bonus points though :P
    I'm looking forward to Dragon 2, I really enjoyed the first one.

    Bradley Cooper would make a good Flash, though it's worrying how many DC properties are being made to movies recently....

    Your Highness is looking pretty good, and Miss Portman is looking (as always) damn hot :P

    ReplyDelete
  19. yes, sweet is the right word to describe his casting for SPIDERMAN :)

    Well, at least DC is not making JUSTICE LEAGUE yet :)))

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.