Sunday, January 18, 2015

FIRST TRAILER AND CHARACTER PHOTOS FROM 'THE DOVEKEEPERS' HISTORICAL MINI SERIES ON MASADA FORTRESS SIEGE WITH COTE DE PABLO, DIEGO BONETA, SAM NEILL

'THE DOVEKEEPERS' EPIC SERIES
FIRST TRAILER AND PHOTOS
Something historical for you today: the first trailer and character pictures for new historical mini series THE DOVEKEEPERS a four hour TV event from BIBLE's and A.D.'s Roma Downey and Mark Burnett, which will be broadcast March 31 and April 1, 2015 at CBS! The project stars Cote de Pablo, Rachel Brosnahan and Kathryn Prescott in the title DOVEKEEPER roles, Sam Neill as first century Jewish scholar and historian Josephus, and Diego Boneta as a star warrior of the Jewish army at Masada. The series is based on Alice Hoffman's bestselling, critically acclaimed historical novel about a group of extraordinary women whose lives intersect in a fight for survival at the siege of Masada.

 BESIEGED AT MASADA
Set in ancient Israel, THE DOVEKEEPERS is based on the true events at Masada in 70 C.E. After being forced out of their home in Jerusalem by the Romans, 900 Jews were ensconced in a fortress at Masada, a mountain in the Judean desert. Besieged at Masada, the Jews held out for months against the vast Roman armies. The project will recount the events from the perspective of a few extraordinary women who arrive at Masada with unique backstories, but a common bond for survival. Additionally, these women, who work together daily as dovekeepers, are all concealing substantial secrets.

22 comments:

  1. Looking forward to this serie! Something historical is always nice!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we love nothing more than historical shows and series

      Delete
  2. Dear Dezzy - ah, history, what would we do without ii? Maybe focus on the present! hahahaha

    Okay, seriously, it looks interesting.

    As I am knee deep in reading the Game of Thrones Books (currently halfway thru Book 2) I'm thinking I'd love a good comedy.
    Have you got anything up your sleeve for me in that department. I'm in need of a good laugh. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We might as well should since we've obviously never learnt anything from history... or we didn't want to?
      You mean a comedy film? I've watched THE GRAND SEDUCTION last week with Brendan Gleeson and Taylor Kitch, it was ever so delightful, you'd enjoy it! It's from last year and is probably on Netflix

      Delete
    2. Thanks - I'll give it a look…
      I loved the bit about sending your cat over to help me with THEM… that was way too funny! I still giggle when I think of it… we're soooo bad! hahaha

      Delete
    3. I actually do that for realz with my neighbour from hell... I send Nyatza to poop in his yard whenever the idiot wakes me up at 5am cutting wood or hammering something.

      Delete
  3. Glad to see Cote de Pablo in this intriguing story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of her before this one, but I hear she is popular in USA, did she star in a crime show or something? I never watch those

      Delete
  4. Looks amazing and interesting. I love anything historical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. quite a lot of historical mini series coming up this year, two already this month - WOLF HALL and MUSKETEERS 2

      Delete
  5. Anything with Cote de Pablo has interest.

    NE-YO - COMING WITH YOU, Dezzy, nice video choice -thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ne Yo is one of my all time faves, I don't overly like this new one, I prefer his mellow rnb vibes as in ONE IN A MILLION, SO SICK, LET ME LOVE YOU UNTIL YOU LEARN TO LOVE YOURSELF, but it is so nice having him back. He had a duet with Celine Dion last winter

      Delete
    2. Duet with Celine? I'll have a look - thanks. :)

      Delete
    3. yep, they even shot a video for it, it was the only video she did for her last album. It's not an overly brilliant song, but it ain't bad either :)

      Delete
  6. It does look good. I am always for a movie with inspiring women in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there are so many mini series with women lately, from RED TENT last month to this one and some upcoming ones. I will watch RED TENT as soon as I finish MARCO POLO.

      Delete
  7. You already know I am interessed in Antic period, and this one looks very nice...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dovekeepers, wow, what a powerful story! Beautiful trailer too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope you will enjoy watching it when it airs

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.