Saturday, April 21, 2012

CHARACTER POSTERS FOR "G.I. JOE: RETALIATION" WITH CHANNING TATUM, DWAYNE JOHNSON, RAY PARK, BRUCE WILLIS! CHARMING TRAILER FOR "YOUR SISTER'S SISTER" WITH EMILY BLUNT AND MARK DUPLASS

The main treat I have for you today, people, are brand new character posters for action film G.I. JOE: RETALIATION, a sequel to the
successful blockbuster from a few years ago which followed the international special forces unit known as "G.I. Joe". These new posters show Channing Tatum as Captain Duke Hauser, Bruce Willis as Joe, the original G.I. Joe, Dwayne Johnson as Roadblock, Ray Park as Snake Eyes, Byung-hun Lee as Storm Shadow, and Elodie Yung as Jinx. And there is also the first picture of the Cobra Commander. Ready to open up in cinemas June 29th the story of the film will see the remaining Joes gathering together again in order to strike back at the evil Cobra spy
Zartan (brilliant Arnold Vosloo, famous as the Mummy from Stephen Sommers' famous saga) who had most of them assassinated. The cast also includes Ray Stevenson as Firefly and Adrianne Palicki as Lady Jaye and Jonathan Pryce as the American president. According to IMDB, the film is influenced by "G.I. Joe: Renegades",
where Cobra turns the authorities against the Joes, and they end up on the run. Even though the fans were shocked with the decision, the producers have decided for some reason to leave out a lot of the most
popular characters from the first film, thus we won't see Rachel Nichols who was brilliant as Scarlett, Sienna Miller who played Baroness, Joseph Gordon Levitt who played the Doctor, Marlon Wayans who played Ripcord, and Dennis Quaid who played general Hawk.

YOUR SISTER'S SISTER
The only new trailer I have for you kids, is for romantic drama YOUR SISTER'S SISTER which hits cinemas this June and has our favourite British beauty Emily Blunt in the lead role alongside Rosemarie DeWitt. A year after his brother
Tom's death, Jack (Mark Duplass, I've no idea who he is, but he's definitely not a lead star material if you ask me) is an emotionally unstable slacker. When he makes a scene at a memorial party, Tom's ex-girlfriend Iris (Blunt) offers up her family cabin on an island in the Pacific Northwest so Jack can seek catharsis in solitude. Once there, however, he runs into Iris' sister Hannah, a lesbian reeling from the abrupt end of a seven-year relationship who finds solace in the affable Tom's unexpected presence, and the two bond over a long night of drinking. The blurry evening concludes with an awkward sexual incident made worse by Iris' sudden presence at the cabin the next morning which sets into motion a twisted tale of ever-complicated relationships.

42 comments:

  1. I still haven't seen the first GI JOE. Maybe I should correct that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should, but be relaxed and don't expect too much. Still, it's a fun movie!

      Delete
  2. I couldn't get the second clip to play, but I love almost everything Blunt does -- except Victoria. I did not like that one. Sorry. Mark it down in my book of sins next to all the others. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I checked it out, it still works, don't know what's the problem.
      Oh, it's a huge sin :) I adored the film, so subtle and relaxed and happy and the chemistry between her and Rupert Friend was just legendary :)

      Delete
  3. Another GI joe! Hm wasn't a huge fan of the first but i'll see it anyway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it scored enough money around the world to get a sequel :)

      Delete
  4. Another GI Joe movie huh. I heard the last one wasn't that good so I'll probably skip this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it wasn't all that bad, but it wasn't great either :)

      Delete
  5. I still haven't seen the first GI joe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry. Be happy. I threw mine away.

      Delete
    2. @Adam
      this would be the opportunity :)

      Delete
    3. @Blue
      you seem to be throwing quite a lot of DVDs, why not send them to people in need :)))

      Delete
    4. They at least make good coffee table coaster.

      Delete
    5. always the practical one ;)

      Delete
  6. Mr. Tatum seems to be taking over the world. He's beautiful enough too. No complaints ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, he and Charlize Theron are having the year of their lives :)

      Delete
  7. Well the first one was an okay watch, this one does seem better and it can't get a whole lot worse. Still stupid how they just took everyone from the first out though, besides Tatum of course. Unless they plan on going all resident evil, doing ten movies an bringing everyone together or something like that..haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Pat Hatt - Okay? It was okay? Well, I suddenly realize why your DVD colection is so-o-o-o-o much bigger than mine.... I keep throwing DVD's away! That's it!

      I just don't buy into characters whose outfits are supposed to make them look dangerous. It should be in the eyes. Remember how Hayden Christensen tried his darnest to look mean in Star Flop 3? I just didn't buy it. He was trying too hard. Now, some actors just look at you and you feel the need to run. No outfit required.

      Delete
    2. @Pat
      It's beyond me why they kicked out the old members when they were all popular and great in the first film and had great chemistry. Maybe they wanted to avoid headaches about scheduling all of them?

      Delete
    3. @Randy
      don't forget that Cat's fave shows are/were BUFFY and the obscure DUE SOUTH :) And I have a strange feeling he loved watching ALIAS and NIKITA too :)
      I actually love the outfits on these, and I'm giving you the look now :PPP

      Delete
    4. Yeah it was prob due to scheduling and money. But then with money I'm not so sure, as Willis and the rock prob cost a pretty penny too.

      Hahahaha nothing wrong with Buffy or Due South and yes Alias is there too, along with the first few seasons of La Femme Nikita, the old one not the new one. But so is a good 120 more or so.

      Delete
    5. tell me, Cat, what would be your fave show of all times?

      Delete
    6. Movie I could never pick, but since you asked show that would be 24!

      Delete
    7. do you like Keifer's new show TOUCH?

      Delete
    8. Haven't watched Touch any good?

      Delete
    9. 2Pat - Well, the old Nikita series was OK, but the new one... man, I watched one episode and decided it was time for a career change, really. Slam, bam, thank you Ma'am.

      Delete
  8. Will see Joe only for The Rock and Channing, who is definitely growing on me in all good ways. ;)

    Emily is awesome as always and I love that she is working so much. She is terrific and charming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are both having successful years, with great earnings at the box office! Well deserved.
      Emily too! Wish she would get some really huge role, something profitable as well.

      Delete
  9. I like the Dwayne Johnson poster best. The trailer for GIJ2 is great, of course. Gotta love over-the-top pew pew!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't seen the first GI Joe either but the cast in the second looks good. Sister's Sister looks good as well. But, they always look good in the trailer. And, I like Blunt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. how could you not like Blunt :) she is the most likeable girl out there :) And her hubs too!

      Delete
  11. Those posters are awesome.

    I like quieter movies, so I like the look of YOUR SISTER'S SISTER. I'd like to see G.I. JOE, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The posters for GI Joe look great - it'll be interesting to see if the movie lives up to them :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am drooling at your pics again :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this has always been a droolworthy kind of place :)

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.