Friday, January 27, 2012

MINDBLOWING CLIP FOR "JOHN CARTER" EPIC! CHARACTER POSTERS FOR "WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU ARE EXPECTING"! SPIELBERG READY FOR "GODS AND KINGS" EPIC! JAMES MCAVOY & JAMIE BELL IN "FILTH"! DESIGNER EIKO ISHIOKA HAS DIED!

Are you ready for the biggest space opera in last ten years? Disney's sf epic JOHN CARTER is ready to take us straight to Mars this March and I have a mindblowing and super dynamic new TV spot for you
today. With one of the strongest casts we've ever seen in a sf film ever since DUNE, including Taylor Kitsch, Lynn Collins, James Purefoy, Polly Walker, Ciaran Hinds, Mark Strong, Bryan Cranstone, Willem Dafoe, Dominic West, Thomas Haden Church and Samantha Morton, the story follows a Civil War veteran who, transplanted to Mars, discovers a lush planet inhabited by 12-foot tall barbarians, warrior tribes and exotic desert beings. Finding himself a prisoner of these creatures, he escapes, only to encounter a princess who is in desperate need of a saviour. Based on the first of Edgar Rice Burroughs’ “Barsoom Series” books, this $250 million epic is directed by brilliant Andrew Stanton (WALL-E, FINDING NEMO, A BUG'S LIFE). Click for the extensive spotlight on the film with stunning pics.
HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
I've already announced that Steven Spielberg is preparing a Biblical epic, and according to "Deadline" it seems he is now in final talks with
Warner Brothers to helm GODS AND KINGS, which is being described as a Braveheartish version of the Moses story in which the Jewish leader will be shown as the warrior to beat all warriors. Before this, Spielberg has to finish LINCOLN and ROBOPO- CALYPSE. Another flick I've mentioned before, comedic thriller FILTH is preparing for production as well. Based on the novel by Irvine Welsh (TRAINSPOTTING), and with a rather strong cast which includes James McAvoy, Jamie Bell, Jim Broadbent, Eddie Marsan and Imogen Poots, the story is centred on an Edinburgh police detective who manipulates everyone in his path to secure a promotion and win back his wife and daughter.

Prepare to see lots of pregnant ladies, 'cause funny character posters for WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU ARE EXPECTING have just been released. Ready to premier in May, and based on the famous self-help mega bestseller on pregnancy, this is an ensemble romantic comedy made in the vein of LOVE ACTUALLY and VALENTINE'S DAY.
The film is a modern look at love through the eyes of four interconnected couples experiencing the thrills and surprises of having a baby, and ultimately coming to understand the universal truth that no matter what you plan for, life doesn't always deliver what's expected.
The stellar cast includes a bunch of amazingly gorgeous ladies and gents from Cameron Diaz and Elizabeth Banks to Brooklyn Decker, Matthew Morrison, Rodrigo Santoro, Chace Crawford, Joe Manga Hunky Niello (who's naked in the trailer, mladies) and that fur wearing evilness Jennifer Lopez. There are also Dennis Quaid and Megan Mullally.


 EIKO ISHIOKA DIED!
One of the saddest news to arrive today is that amazingly talented, shockingly creative and almost otherworldly gifted costume designer
Eiko Ishioka (73), has died this weekend in Tokyo from pancreatic cancer :( As you know, she was HOLLYWOOD SPY's favourite costume designer of all times who made some of the most brilliant,
mindblowing and absolutely legendary costumes in cinematic history from the dreamy ones in THE CELL and THE FALL, to epic ones in IMMORTALS, lovely ones in MIRROR MIRROR and the Oscar
winning ones in BRAM STOKER'S DRACULA. She mostly worked with equally amazing Tarsem Singh. I'm utterly shocked, she will be missed greatly!

44 comments:

  1. That movie John Carter looks amazing! Can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. it is quite a crazy script, not sure how we shall accept McAvoy as an evil guy

      Delete
  3. Great entertainment blog. Made you new blog of the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Copy, nice to see you here again after a long time

      Delete
  4. McAvoy has the evil look down pretty good in that photo.

    And the What To Expect clip was better than I thought it would be. Not as much nakedness as you advertised, though. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well you didn't expect a total nakedness did you? You will have to wait for MAGIC MIKE for that :)

      Delete
    2. Yes I did, actually. Well, "expect" might be the wrong word. Hoped? :PP

      And that is sad news about Eiko. Those costumes are beyond beautiful. Sad loss.

      Delete
    3. she never ceased to leave me breathless with her extreme creativity, her almost 3d costumes, her vivid imagination, I adore artists like her.... And the sad thing is that she wasn't even nominated for an Oscar for her later films after DRACULA, even though those were the best costumes ever to be seen on film

      Delete
  5. looks like its going to be an epic movie, good review :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish I could send you some Better than Milky Way Bars, but they disappeared fast. Hoping to hit the theaters this weekend for my first movie of 2012 :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I probably read the story by Burroughs when I was a kid and don't remember it. The movie looks interesting. I had the book "What to expect..." when I was carrying my daughter. I'm almost afraid to watch the movie! The horror, the horror!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take it your pregnancy wasn't the best of days in your life :) I swear I will never understand how you ladies manage to give birth to babies... I'd never be able to do it even if I was a lady myself :)

      Delete
  8. That is a ton of expecting, all those hormonal women, horror movie of the year right there...lol

    John Carter should be great, actually one I can't wait to see, which is rare now a days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you know JOHN CARTER is my most anticipated movie of the year :)

      Delete
  9. Good year for people with pregnancy fetishes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not into pregnant ladies, Dez (no pun intended), but that Carter movie will be great. I'm sure you've got a copy somewhere already. But before you're heading for Mars, there's a little place on earth where all of us are waiting for you to join in on the fun. It involves a private beach, free drinks and the best company ever. Where, you say? Why, HERE, of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be there, but just so you know, I don't really get your posts about beaches :)

      Delete
  11. That's really tragic. We lost a great individual. :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know you are looking forward to John Carter... but I am still on the fence!!

    Nice clip though

    ReplyDelete
  13. john carter i think that's good movie for the kids

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was at the cinema last night and they were promoting the crap out of John Carter...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish they would have a better campaign around the net as well, we haven't seen much pics nor posters, even though the premiere is close.

      Delete
  15. that's so sad about that costume designer! what talent!

    on a completely different note, what to expect looks hysterical.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Epic page! One day I hope to have half as many page views!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Axis :) And thanks for the follow as well

      Delete
  17. JOHN CARTER!!!! Yes!

    Sad about Ishioka. Great body of work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. can't wait for CARTER!
      Ishioka was the greatest!

      Delete
  18. That's too bad about the costume designer. Her stuff is amazing. I'm excited to see John Carter. I heard on the news that Disney has set high earning expectations for it. If it doesn't pull in 750 million dollars then it will not ever get a sequel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, and this is just a very small part of her amazing work, those films feature tones of her breathtaking costumes

      JOHN CARTER has to earn a lot because it cost almost $300 million, but for some reason they didn't give it the right marketing, for such a film, the whole world should know about it by now, and I don't think that's the case :( It is, however, my personal most anticipated film of the year

      Delete
  19. Very sad about Eiko. What an amazing sense of design and imagination. :(

    Filth sounds interesting, but I'm still not on board with the baby pic. Just not into pregnancy and all that new mom crap. Not even for Joe, who is going to be guesting on White Collar with my other fave man, Matt Bomer. I'm going to die drooling all over myself next week. ;))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she was abnormally creative!

      I totally understand the baby thing... I think I'd never do it either if I was a woman LOL it must like a little ALIEN growing inside you :) And plus I'm one of those crazy people who could never feel good with giving birth to a baby when there are so many of them waiting for adoption all around the world. I would feel guilty.

      Delete
  20. It''s sad about Eiko.

    Look forward to know more about Filth and Gods and Kings :)

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.