Sunday, October 10, 2010

LUC BESSON'S OUTER SPACE FILM "LOCK OUT" WITH GUY PEARCE AND MAGGIE GRACE STARTS FILMING TOMORROW IN SERBIA

The shooting of Luc Besson's (THE FIFTH ELEMENT, LE GRAND BLEU, NIKITA, TRANSPORTER, TAXI) new movie should start tomorrow in Belgrade, in Serbia's PFI film studios. The sf action LOCK OUT will be set in outer space and Guy Pearce will play a man wrongly
convicted of conspiracy to commit espionage against the U.S. He is offered his freedom if he can rescue the president's daughter (Maggie Grace) who is held hostage in an outer space prison that orbits 50 miles above the earth and is home to 500 of the most dangerous violent criminals on the planet who have taken it over.
The crew has been building huge sets in Belgrade last few months creating the futuristic space prison. Luc Besson will produce LOCK OUT, which will have two directors - Stephen St. Leger and James Mather, through his "Europa Corp" studio, while their partner in Serbia will be "Work In Progress" company which has worked on Ralph Fiennes' movie CORIOLANUS
and THE BROTHERS BLOOM with Rachel Weisz and Adrien Brody which were also shot in Serbia. The budget of the film will be around $30 million.
Guy Pearce, whom we remember from MEMENTO, L.A. CONFIDENTIAL, THE HURT LOCKER ... will star this year in THE KING'S SPEECH as Edward VIII, he will also join Kate Winslet in MILDRED PIERCE,  and will also star in THE HUNGRY RABBIT JUMPS alongside Nicolas Cage and January Jones.
We've seen young Maggie Grace in KNIGHT AND DAY, TAKEN, THE FOG and she will also appear in THE TWILIGHT saga's sequel BREAKING DAWN.

20 comments:

  1. Dayum! I DIDN'T KNOW THAT WAS THE GUY WHO PLAYED ZORG ON THE FIFTH ELEMENT! LOL Kick ass! I don't know why I didn't put two and two together!


    www.hotcopper.blogspot.com (new)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, no, Falsy, Zorg was played by Gary Oldman, not by Guy Pearce in THE 5TH ELEMENT :)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm.. I think you should then give us an exclusive behind the scenes report fresh from the LOCK OUT set Dezmy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, if you're a bro' with Luc Besson and can secure me some connections, please drop me a call, Jacssy :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi DEZMOND - First, I love Halloween Dezz, may I use him over on my blog? Second, a prison break from space? Bring it on! =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course you can, my dear, after all we must spread the festive atmosphere around the blogosphere :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Exciting you've a studio filming right there! Pierce is awesome - should be a cool flick.
    And I see you are now in the festive holiday spirit, Dezz!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the sound of this one Dezmond. Great post, really like Pearce.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Alex
    ah, you know how I always follow the festive atmosphere, I'm guessing you still remember my hat from the last Christmas? :))

    @Dempsey
    hey, Dempsey, nice to see you over here, hope you'll be a regular guest :) Pearce is great, hope he'll be getting more big roles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like the videos on the left bar, too bad Cheryl's getting such bad press over the Gamu incident. A great update, as usual.

    CD

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've just google it, since I don't have the opportunity to watch X-FACTOR. I don't know what to say about the whole incident. I generally think that judges should always be experienced and accomplished people and artists who are also aware of their personal responsibilities with such a role.
    I'm glad you like the songs :) I love both singles, and can't stop singing them these days :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I first saw Guy in "The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert" & was so impressed w/ his performance. He was very convincing. Earlier this year I saw him in "The Road" & he was completely different, just as he was in "Memento". Like all great actors, he's truly chameleonlike. Thanks for the heads up on his latest. I definitely will be seeing that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow--I thought Guy Pearce was a goner. He was so good in Priscilla (though a friend of mine who interviewed him said he had quite an attitude) and LA Confidential. Glad he's coming back in such high-powered fare. Thanks for all the posts and keeping me update on Hollywood's latest!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Lisa and Sammy
    yes, guys, he was amazing in PRISCILA, and it was generally a great film, all Australian films are great, and Down Under has the most amazing actors.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh another great actor and compelling project shooting in your hometown, good for you Dez! LOVE Guy Pearce, he's so under-appreciated but he's really one of the BEST actors working today. I've only seen Maggie Grace in Jane Austen's Book Club, but I reckon she's a pretty decent actress.

    ReplyDelete
  16. you have a really nice site, i wish id found it sooner!

    it's so interesting to hear about these upcoming movies and where they're being filmed, the preparations being made, etc.

    this sounds like a good one...i also like the way you do your pictures ( :

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Flixy
    not in my hometown, just in my country :) Well, he must be best when he's Australian, yes? :))

    @Dawna
    glad you like it, and thanks. Hope I'll be seeing you here often :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. your avatar is super cute!!!
    love halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Vics
    thanks, Vics, I just had to use all the pumpkins from my garden somehow :)))

    @Avalon
    how do you know? :)))))

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.