Tuesday, December 8, 2009

EMILY BLUNT WINS HOLLYWOOD SPY'S MOST STARLICIOUS YOUNG ACTRESS POLL


British beauty Emily Blunt has won our MOST STARLICIOUS YOUNG ACTRESS poll, becoming HOLLYWOOD SPY's most promising actress to take over the throne of Hollywood in the future. Having Cate Blanchett, Meryl Streep and Nicole Kidman as her favourite actresses, Emily has also shown that elegant and profound acting talent combined with the refined, almost angelic looks and spellbinding charisma. You've seen her in DEVIL WEARS PRADA, THE YOUNG VICTORIA, and you'll be seeing her in THE WOLFMAN, GULLIVER'S TRAVELS and GNOMEO AND JULIET. She is in love with John Krasinsky, and her best friend is Anne Hathaway. She's won a Golden Globe and was nominated for Oscars and Baftas.
Our new poll begins today dealing with a very sensitive issue. There are so many talented actors who never get to become major stars, while some less deserving people rule the A-league. The new poll is dedicated to the most underrated actors in Hollywood. Four great guys who still haven't become the best payed and highest rated stars although they've proved their stunning talents millions of times and have all that it takes to rule the cinemas: two Australians Eric Bana (TROY, STAR TREK, MUNICH, THE OTHER BOLEYN GIRL) and Karl Urban (STAR TREK, LOTR, PATHFINDER, DOOM, THE CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK), Britain's own Paul Bettany (DOGVILLE, INKHEART, LEGION, THE YOUNG VICTORIA, WIMBLEDON) and amazing American actor Patrick Wilson (ANGELS IN AMERICA, LITTLE CHILDREN, EVENING, RUNNING WITH SCISSORS, WATCHMEN). You can vote multiple times, the voting is on next two weeks.

12 comments:

  1. I'm ok with this, or any of them who won really. As for the next poll I didn't even have to think twice before my vote went to Bettany. I still remember him from A Knight's Tale, which I still enjoy, and he was great in A Beautiful Mind. He just wavers back and forth in the quality of film selection too much I think (his mainstream efforts tend to end badly)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, but even when his mainstream movies aren't that good, his performances are, like in INKHEART for example, which wasn't that great, but we all remember his Dustfinger. Keep on voting every day to keep him up in the list ;P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, I think I have to go with Bettany, though Wilson has been popping up a lot on my radar. This is terrible patriotism, I know. Bana I just never really get into (I keep seeing him in The Eric Bana Show, which was pretty awful), and I must confess I have no idea who Urban is...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gasp! I just looked him up. He's a Kiwi, not an Australian! Heads will roll...

    ReplyDelete
  5. R-Co our heads will roll together :))) Your for not knowing who he is (I will be your executioner :)) and mine for calling him an Australian - although I meant the continent not the country :P

    And Eric Bana has Croatian origins, and Croatia is my neighboring country.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad she won! I fell in love with her after watching "The Devil Wears Prada"! It was an amazing and hilarious performance! I recently watched "The Young Victoria" and she was even better as the young queen. Don't miss this film!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must say I'm totally shocked with PATRICK WILSON's huge lead currently in our poll. I have nothing against him leading, I actually absolutely adore him, which is why I've put him in the poll in the first place, but among other rivals he is the least known to the audience around the world. Guess this is the proof how HOLLYWOOD SPY has the biggest number of supporters and readers in the USA :)) I'm glad for PATRICK WILSON since he really does have the most profound acting talent. At the same time I'm also cheering for the most charismatic Karl Urban, the most refined Paul Bettany and the hunkiest Eric Bana :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Patrick Wilson is fantastic! Loved him in Phantom of the Opera. Little Children, and I saw him on Broadway in Barefoot in the Park. He is such a gracious actor to his fans!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Patrick Wilson.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Patrick Wilson is an awesome actor. Suggested Films: Check out "Angels in America", "Hard Candy", "Little Children", "Phantom of the Opera", "Lakeview Terrace" and "Watchmen". He's powerful and moving on stage, too. AND his singing voice is amazing(he has two Tony nods for musicals).He can do it all!

    He deserves much more recognition!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with all of you anonymous people (or person :))
    That's exactly why I've put Patrick in the poll - because he is so unbelievably amazing. I've always though of him as the male counterpart to Cate Blanchett, because he seems to posses all of her quality - elegance, deeply profound acting skills, expressiveness, breathtaking, magnetic and charismatic physical beauty, and above all - they both seem as really good and positive people privately as well.

    The movies which I love the most from his repertoire are the ones I mentioned in the post beside his name.

    I also adore other three guys in the running - charismatic Karl Urban who always brings great roles even in not so great movies, Paul Bettany whose profound elegance is deeper than his blue eyes, and Eric Bana who would have saved Troy if he had been the real Hector in the real Troyan war :))

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.