Tuesday, August 27, 2013

'NORTH AND SOUTH' CIVIL WAR MINI SERIES REMAKE! SYFY ORDERS '12 MONKEYS' SF SHOW! NEW 'THE AFTER' APOCALYPTIC TV SHOW FROM X FILES CREATOR! NEW TRAILER FOR 'THE TOMORROW PEOPLE' SF SHOW

NORTH AND SOUTH
 MINI SERIES REMAKE
After I've reported some time ago that we shall get a new version of SHOGUN at Fox, here's another of the classic mini series from the 80's that is getting its remake: 'Deadline' reports that Discovery Channel is preparing new mini series on NORTH AND SOUTH! Based on John Jake's books the story is set in the American Civil War and follows George Hazard and Orry Main who meet as young men at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, their families become close,  but the vastly different ways of life for the Main and Hazard families threaten to drive them apart, leading to fractured marriages and poisoned sibling relationships… and everything is put to the ultimate test as fathers, sons, brothers and friends fight each other on the battlefields of the deadliest war America has ever seen. Discovery is already producing their scripted series KLONDIKE and WILLIAM WALLACE!

SYFY ORDERS '12 MONKEYS'
SHOW BASED ON THE 90'S FILM
In other television news, today, SyFy has officially ordered a pilot episode for new sf show 12 MONKEYS. Based on the 90's sf film with Bruce Willis and Brad Pitt, the new series will follow the journey of a time traveler from the post-apocalyptic future who appears in present day on a mission to locate and eradicate the source of a deadly plague that will eventually decimate the human race. The casting should start quickly since the shooting is scheduled for November.
'THE AFTER' SHOW FROM X FILES CREATOR
Meanwhile, X FILES creator Chris Carter is returning to TV after almost a decade: he is preparing a series pilot for THE AFTER, an action thriller which takes place in the moment of the apocalypse. Produced by Amazon Studios the show will also be directed by Carter.


THE TOMORROW PEOPLE
 NEW SF TRAILER AND POSTER
CW has revealed a new poster and a new promo trailer for their new Autumn series THE TOMORROW PEOPLE which will hit the small screens October 9th. Based on the original British television series of the same name, the series brings the story of several young people from around the world who represent the next stage in human evolution, possessing special powers, including the ability to teleport and communicate with each other telepathically. Together they work to defeat the forces of evil. The cast includes Robbie Amell, Amanda Clarke, Jeffrey Pierce....

42 comments:

  1. 12 Monkeys could be interesting, but I'm really curious about The After.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we are having an avalanche of both sf and apocalyptic shows... not that I complain :)

      Delete
  2. give me the 12 monkeys... such a great film, crazy like back to the future... but stuck in the loop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. every film with Madeline Stowe is good in my book :)

      Delete
  3. The tomorrow people , great trailer Dezmond .
    12 Monkey yes interesting .
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's a much better trailer than the first one we've seen earlier this summer :)

      Delete
  4. Oh how I loved the original North and South with Patrick Swayze and Kirstie Alley. Did you know they had a steamy affair in real life because of that mini series. God, they would have been HOT together!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, I had nostalgic moments last night when I was typing the post :) So many famous actors stared in that series, and Kirstie was a naughty one in it :)

      Delete
    2. How do you guys know this stuff? I am so outta the gossip loop.

      Delete
    3. I'm the spy and Debs always knows all the juicy (an also disgusting) details that go around the world :)

      Delete
    4. I read Kirstie's newest tell all about the men she bedded. It was a great read!!!

      Delete
    5. oooh, such delight :) Did she bed Travolta as well, or was he gay in those days already?

      Delete
  5. I was really young when North and South came out. I remember hearing a lot about it but not watching it. I will watch 12 Monkeys though. I loved that movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too, I was a little racoon back in those days... barely able to read :) but I watched both NORTH AND SOUTH and DYNASTY....

      Delete
  6. never heard of the monkeys film

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't seen 12 Monkeys. I should probably rent that one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was a tough and boring one for me, since I don't get Terry Gilliam, but he has fans...

      Delete
  8. A 12 Monkeys show??? Very interesting....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. could be, could be.... if they hire the right monkeys :P

      Delete
    2. Well that goes without saying. Wrong monkeys could be a nightmare!

      Delete
    3. or any monkeys, for that matter :)

      Delete
    4. at least they will just be on television and not running around the house!

      Delete
    5. 'tis true, I hate monkeys in my backyard, especially baboons....

      Delete
  9. Hmmm. I rented 12 Monkeys years ago and don't think I finished watching it as it was a bit weird and boring. Not sure how well I'd like the tv show of that one either.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 12 Monkey's was such a mind bender. It's one of the few films with Pitt in it that I liked.

    There have been quite a few shows just like The Tomorrow People and while it may be good, I'm kind of burned out on the premise.

    Wouldn't it be nice if humans were evolving rather than devolving darling:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, he was relatively good in it and in BENJAMIN BUTTON.

      Ah, wishful thinking dear... just imagine the world with evolved and not devolved people.... I can't even imagine it :( The devolution has been especially strong in the last decade....

      Delete
  11. The Tomorrow People sounds kind of cool.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the sound of 12 Monkeys. I vaguely remember liking the movie.

    Ah, Patrick Swayze. Takes me back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he ladies really loved him back in the days...

      Delete
  13. all those news look good !
    maybe a preference for North and South and because the other two are a little "un-original" in their subjects ...

    I don't know the british version of "The Tomorrow People" ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen the version either, but I hear it was popular in UK back in the past. I think it is a very old show

      Delete
    2. It seems that it was a serie for young children !!

      (there's something like "X-Men" in the subject ... maybe it's "X-Children" ?)

      Delete
  14. Ooh, The Tomorrow People looks enticing...

    ReplyDelete
  15. North and South was on TV recently again, it hasn't aged too well, maybe a freshen up will be good, less love interest and more action as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, most of the 80's series do not age too well :) kinda the same with the 80's fashion! The music from the 80's is the only thing that never ages!

      Delete
  16. Love all the retro scy-fy Dezzy. I'm getting to be an old relic myself, so the concepts of remakes is intriguing - if done well.

    ......dhole

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.