Friday, July 12, 2013

NEW HISTORICAL SHOW ON WILLIAM WALLACE & ROBERT BRUCE MEDIEVAL SCOTTISH HEROES! 'LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN" TO BECOME A FOX SHOW! AMY ADAMS IS 'OBJECT OF BEAUTY'! 'HOW STARBUCKS SAVED MY LIFE' MOVIE

  NEW HISTORICAL SERIES ON
WILLIAM WALLACE AND ROBERT BRUCE
Glorious news, people, more new epic shows for us! Discovery is joining the trend of documentary channels making scripted shows, and their choice is a Ridley Scott produced historical show on Scottish legends William Wallace and Robert Bruce! According to THR, the series will be based on Nigel Tranter's books THE WALLACE AND THE BRUCE trilogy! It will explore the two Scottish patriots as well as the Scottish unrest and turbulence in 1296 after King Edward I of England invaded Scotland and imposed English rule. Edward I’s reign over Scotland never was peaceable, and Scottish discontent was widespread. In 1297, the country erupted in an open revolt as national resistance developed into a war of independence during which William Wallace and Robert Bruce played leading roles. You have seen Wallace's story in Mel Gibson's BRAVEHEART!
KLONDIKE ALREADY IN WORKS   
This will, actually, be Discovery's second scripted series, since their first KLONDIKE is already in production. Starring Richard Madden, Chris Cooper, Abbie Cornish, Tim Roth, it will follow six strangers and their fight for survival and wealth in a frontier town in the remote Klondike! Read more here!

  NEW TELEVISION SERIES ON
LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN 

Another great piece of television news today comes from Fox where they are apparently adapting LEAGUE OF EXTRA- ORDINARY GENTLEMEN into a TV show! Legendary graphic novel from Alan Moore and Kevin O'Neill is getting a pilot first. As you probably remember from the great 2003 big screen adaptation which featured Sean Connery, Peta Wilson and Stuart Townsend, the story revolves around a group of Victorian age literary characters, including Captain Nemo, the Invisible Man, Allan Quatermain, Mina Harker and Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, who team up to fight a common enemy!

  BIG SCREEN BOOK ADAPTATIONS
'OBJECT OF BEATY' AND 'HOW STARBUCKS SAVED MY LIFE'
THR writes about two new movie adaptations of bestselling books. Steve Martin's OBJECT OF BEAUTY will be adapted by Ned Benson and will have Amy Adams playing a young art entrepreneur who climbs from assistant to gallery owner, from a tiny downtown studio to a posh uptown one bedroom. The story traces her life over 15 years as she travels the world and falls in and out of relationships. The same site also reports that Robert Nelson Jacobs, the writer of heartwarming CHOCOLAT (for which he got an Oscar nomination), has been hired to adapt HOW STARBUCKS SAVED MY LIFE by Michael Gates Gill. The book tells the story of an older advertising executive who loses his job and family and has to go work at Starbucks to pay the bills. He befriends a young manager at the coffee shop and learns about life and love.

40 comments:

  1. I'm interested in the big screen adaptations. I'd like to see both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The news about the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen is brilliant fingers crossed that its good and takes off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. fingers crossed, I'd love to see it too!

      Delete
    2. Sounds like it would be very watchable and a little history with William Wallace and Robert the Bruce can't be bad as long as they're a bit more accurate than Gibsons effort!

      Delete
    3. yep, hopefully they will consult some of the Scottish experts on the topic!

      Delete
  3. I'd watch a mini-series on Wallace and Bruce! Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. can't wait to see whom they cast in the lead roles :)

      Delete
  4. I do love all these epic historical shows coming out. I'll definitely watch one about William Wallace. Between this one and Outlander there are going to be so many men in kilts on television I won't know where to look first. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, the television will be ruled by hairy legs LOL And I'm sure that in such a case you will know where to look first :P

      Delete
  5. Wow, Amy Adams is gorgeous isn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  6. LEAGUE OF EXTRA- ORDINARY GENTLEMEN i'm enjoy to see this .
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the movie and I think I will love the show too :)

      Delete
  7. I wasn't keen on the League so I hope the tv show is much better ~

    Be going away for vacation Dezzy ~ See you around ~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved Braveheart, though I thought Gibson was too old to play Wallace. I think the real guy was only 24 when everything went down.

    Amy is just so gorgeous. Great pic!

    How are you, hon? Sorry I haven't been around in a while. I'll FB you the details later. What a trial!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. too old and to mad and crazy, methinks.
      I love that pic of Amy too :)
      Could be better, hope you're fine, though!

      Delete
  9. Oh I hope that it shows us a better picture of the story of William Wallace than that awful Braveheart that portrayed us homos in such a bad light. That infuriated me the entire time I watched it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, but else could you expect from looney Mel? He hates Jews, homos, even his own wifes..... really a shrink case.... Remember how he portrayed the natives in South America in APOCALYPTO?

      Delete
  10. Sorry I'm late darling, my internet provider was down and I couldn't get online for a couple hours.

    Yes, Mel Gibson did Braveheart and it was a travesty. Jaysus, I hope this one doesn't insult the Scots the way that piece of shite did. But I have hopes for this one as the lead actor is a hunk. Gibson-bleh.

    I like League of Extraordinary Gentleman. Such great style. Looking forward to seeing that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HOLLYWOOD SPY was down last Sunday, dear, Somebody tried to hack into my account and Blogger took down the site for a couple of hours. I was terrified :( Now I have to log into my account through mobile phone number :(

      All Mel's movies, especially the recent ones, are travesty.

      Delete
  11. Wallace and Bruce could be interesting??? Hope they don't bugger it up and make to too Hollywood and no history.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we can't be sure, since it is done by an American channel, but we can keep our fingers crossed, Ray

      Delete
  12. I am looking forward to Klondike. My husband has gotten into the old west ever since Hatfields and McCoys was aired. I'm sure this will be another one he loves.

    Yes, Amy is gorgeous and has so much talent. I will definitely be watching that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. given the cast, KLONDIKE should be an interesting series :)
      We do adore Amydorable Adams :)

      Delete
  13. How Starbucks Saved My Life sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh, ooh, the historical sounds really good.
    I can't help it, when I hear Klondike, I think of ice cream:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you have Klondike icecream at your place?

      Delete
  15. she sure is an object of beauty

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Amy's dress

    I also like the idea of a LEAGUE OF EXTRA- ORDINARY GENTLEMEN tv show. I think it would work far better than as a movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have more pics from that photo shoot of Amy's and will post them when opportunity appears :)

      Delete
  17. i am totally in for the League, it was a fun movie that got the can. and thank you for the lovely amy adams... period.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the movie too, and be welcome on Amy :)
      I love it when you resolutely say "period" :)

      Delete
  18. I've only seen snippets of the movie. So, what exactly makes all these men so extraordinary anyways?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they all have some kind of special powers or are experts in certain field or area :)

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.