Friday, March 2, 2012

CHARMING TRAILER FOR TIM BURTON'S "FRANKENWEENIE"! GERARD BUTLER IS "BRILLIANT"! "THE BOOK THIEF" WW2 DRAMA! ANNA SOPHIA ROBB IN "THE CARRIE DIARIES"! DISNEY'S "THE PET"

I've told you some time ago that we will be seeing tones of heist films in the future, and one of such, BRILLIANT, has just signed Gerard
Butler (replacing Eric Bana) who will again form a brilliant tandem with Robert Luketic who directs the film about a group of seasoned thieves who recruit a small-time criminal as they prepare for the biggest diamond heist of all time. The film will have a big female lead too. Meanwhile, young Anna Sophia Robb has been chosen to play young Carrie Bradshaw in CARRIE DIARIES TV show on CW which will follow the High School years of the famous SEX AND THE CITY character, back in the 80's before she came to New York.
HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
Deadline reports that Fox is preparing a film adaptation of THE BOOK THIEF, a touching novel by Marcus Zusak, to be directed by DOWNTON ABBEY's Brian Percival, in which the story,
narrated by Death herself, follows a little foster girl living outside of Munich in World War 2 who survives by stealing books. Aided by her accordion-playing foster father, she learns to read and shares her stolen books with neighbours during bombing raids. One of those who benefits from the books is the Jewish man hidden in her basement before he is marched to Dachau. A much brighter story will be seen in Disney's THE PET, a charming sf comedy which follows a man who's abducted by aliens, taken to their planet and turned into their family pet. The film will be directed by NAPOLEON DYNAMITE helmer Jared Hess according to "MovieWeb".

Your trailer for today is the first one for Tim Burton's new film FRANKEN- WEENIE, which comes to cinemas this October. This stop motion animation black and white 3D film brings a heart warming tale about a boy and his dog. After unexpectedly losing his beloved dog Sparky, young Victor harnesses the power of science to bring his best friend back to life—with just a few minor adjustments. He tries to hide his home-sewn creation, but when Sparky gets out, Victor’s fellow students, teachers and the entire town all learn that getting a new "leash on life" can be monstrous.

44 comments:

  1. aw FRANKENWEENIE looks gorgeous...but it also looks like it might be a sad film. I hope it has a happy ending...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it will be weird for sure, you know Burton :) The part with the tail was cute :)

      Delete
    2. Tim Burton may not give s the happing ending we want though....

      Delete
    3. quite possible, happy ending in his mind is probably a trip to hell :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! Frankenweenie looks like it will be a fantastic movie! Now I can't wait for summer to be over and october to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how your blog layout changes with the seasons. Now you got me looking forward to spring. I think it needs to be Halloween season before I can look forward to anything by Tim Burton. Right now, all I can think about is Prometheus, the Avengers, and John Carter (although I think Disney should have just stuck to the book and had John Carter completely nude).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, there should be a law on John Carter having to be nude in a film adaptation :) and Dejah Thoris too :)

      Delete
  4. Oo, Frankenweenie looks pretty interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only got one question to ask, is Johnny Depp in that Burton movie? Has to be, otherwise it's not a Burton movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not sure, but I think he is not :)

      Delete
    2. He is NOT???? My friend Dwei is right... then it's not a Burton movie, but I'll go and see it anyway!

      Delete
    3. but he's in Burton's DARK SHADOWS :)

      Delete
  6. Tim Burton has a magical touch.I love his stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tim Burton is always the same, messed up world, some dark twisted crap and then Johny Depp. Looks better than his disney fairytale remake crap though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. don't be naughty Cat, we love Disney in this dark world of ours :)

      Delete
  8. Meh. Not impressed with the releases in the last couple posts. But thanks for taking the time to report out Dezzy. Not your fault Hollyweird is in a slump.

    Last night I watch the ScyFi channels new series Face Off - where the contestants are make-up (or should we say transformation) artists for specific characters. Really cool watching a human being become something entirely unrecognizeable.

    Anyway, last night was Tim Burtonesque. You can really spot a Tim Burton type creation - they are unique and each character tells their own story. I don't always like Burton's storylines, but I do love his unique characters.

    ......dhole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, Donnzie, the first three month in the year are always a bit boring when it comes to film news :(
      One of my dear blogging friends, Victoria, also loves FACE OFF and I heard about it from her ;)

      Delete
  9. The Tim Burton film looks promising

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, the new Frankenweenie looks better than I could have expected.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Frankenweenie sounds like a lot of fun :) It'll be good to get some Burton in this year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you'll get some Burton in DARK SHADOWS too :) I think the trailer for that one is coming out soon too

      Delete
  12. Love that Frankenweenie trailer! What a cute story. :)

    I love the sounds of The Book Thief and am looking forward to hearing more about it.

    Not so keen on the hest flicks, although with a strong female lead, i could be on board.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, if they connect him with some dear lady, like Winslet, Blanchett, BLunt or Zeta Jones, it will be lovely :)

      Delete
  13. I had not heard of "The Book Thief" before -- either the book or the movie. It sounds awesome. I like stories about WW2 even if they are often difficult.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and this one is also strange since it is narrated by Death :) The book has been quite a bestseller around the world.

      Delete
  14. The Book Thief is intriguing. I think I'd prefer to read the book, though.

    ReplyDelete
  15. FRANKENWEENIE look interesting but i don't like drama story hehe

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I hope they don't screw up The Bookthief. It could be such a touching movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey, Luanne, where did you go missing last night? Missed you :)

      Delete
  17. cant wait to see the movie with gerald buttler

    ReplyDelete
  18. The plot sounds a bit like Pet Sematary with a twist. And a dog. I don't know about you, Dezzmeister, but 3D movies give me a headache. Maybe my dino-brain can't process so much info.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen a 3D, I don't have a proper cinema in my city :) but I do believe it would give me headaches too :)

      Delete
  19. Can't say I'm thrilled about Gerry Berry's new project, Dez. Ah well, I'm still bummed out that Playing The Field's release date is pushed all the way to December!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, he generally has bad films, ever since 300 I haven't seen him in anything brilliant and with a god plot, hope the upcoming years will make him chose roles more maturely. But I do love watching him in romcoms, he is so cute in them :)

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.