Saturday, December 3, 2011

MICHAEL FASSBENDER IS "NOAH"! TOM CRUISE IN SF EPIC "WE MORTALS ARE"! ALICE EVE OR TERESA PALMER TO JOIN "STAR TREK"? 1ST PICS FROM "WRATH OF THE TITANS" & "HANSEL & GRETEL: WITCH HUNTERS"

 Well, these are certainly good news. You remember that earlier this summer, I reported on Darren Aronofsky preparing a huge Biblical epic NOAH with a dark twist and with Christian Bale in the lead role. Well as much as I love his talent, I did lose a lot of love for Bale ever since he took the role in that horrid dark knight morbid rubbish,
so it's good news to me that he has apparently given up on the role which could now, according to "Variety" go to Michael Fassbender. The film is set in a world without hope, a world with no rain and no crops, dominated by warlords and their barbarian hordes. In this cruel world, NOAH was a good man. Seasoned fighter, sage and healer but he only wanted peace for him and his family. Yet every night, Noah was beset by visions of an endless flood, symbolizing the destruction of all life. Gradually, he began to understand the message sent him by the Creator. He had decided to punish the men and kill them until the last. But he gave Noah a last chance to preserve life on Earth...
HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
Beside the original cast from STAR TREK which included Chris Pine, Karl Urban, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana and John
Cho
, the sequel to the major blockbuster will have some new additions. Apparently there will be a new female character for which Alice Eve (THE RAVEN) and Teresa Palmer (MAD MAX FURY ROAD) are currently testing, and there were also rumors that Benicio Del Toro has been offered the villain role. Entertainment Weekly has published some new pics from next year's blockbusters, and one of them is for WRATH OF THE TITANS, the sequel to the worldwide hit which again stars Sam Worthington as Perseus, alongside Ralph Fiennes as Hades and Liam Neeson as Zeus. The second one is for HANSEL & GRETEL: WITCH HUNTERS, a darker version of the famous tale in which little Hansel and Gretel are grown up
and are in the business of witch hunting. They are played by gorgeous Gemma Arterton and weak Jeremy Renner who seems misplaced in this role. The trailer arrives next week.

Ah, that Tom Cruise, it seems all of his craziness and weirdness can't stop him from getting huge new roles. According to "Variety",
  after he finishes shooting HORIZONS (in which he plays a futuristic pilot in the world which lives above the contaminated Earth), he will score another huge sf role - it seems that Doug Liman has convinced him to take the lead role in WE MORTALS ARE (formerly known as ALL YOU NEED IS KILL) where he will play a soldier in a war against aliens who finds himself reliving his last day over and over after being killed. Through the training and battles he experiences in these time loops, he becomes a better soldier. The role was previously eyed by Keanu Reeves, Ryan Gosling and Joseph Gordon Levitt.

23 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the last Star Trek movie. Hoping the sequel will be just as fun.

    Not sure about a grown up Hansel and Gretel. Witch hunting sounds fun, though. I'm guessing their guns shoot oven hot flames? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, darling, missed you yesterday :)
    STAR TREK was really amazing, especially the chemistry between the cast. Love them all so young and cute :) And off course, there was Karl Urban as the most amazing Doctor :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom Cruise is definitely weird...

    I searched the net for a recipe for those pancakes to share...often Dorie has them in Bon Appetit, but struck out this time. Have a great weekend~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know! I've been a bad blogger this week. But I've been a very good writer. ;)

    I should be back on track next week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doesn't We Are Mortals sound like a rip off of Day Break with aliens? And am I the only one that cringes just looking at that pathetic sequel to that pathetic movie about Zeus and titans and stuff, I can't even speak it's name..haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. He does not look like Noah. :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hansel and Gretel seem interesting but I'm curious as to how they'd work a love interest in this. Aren't they siblings?

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Lizzy
    he certainly is :)
    Yep, I tried to open recipes at her page, but her page is extremely weird and user-unfriendly, I didn't get it at all :)

    @Luanne
    I've noticed a number of my dearest regulars have been slacking a bit lately, when it's NANOWRIMOWHATEVER :) Dezzy usually suffers most :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. @PAt
    ah, Pats, I actually didn't hate CLASH OF THE TITANS, it wasn't the best of films, but it wasn't as nearly as bad as fanboys wanted to present it. The second part should be better since they've changed the director
    And it's WE MORTALS ARE not WE ARE MORTALS, but I have no idea why :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Pesos
    I haven't been around back in Noah's days, so I wouldn't know how he looks like :)

    @DWei
    I'm not sure there will be a love interest between the two of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whe I see Tom cruise now I remember I was really in love (ha,ha) and love his movies, but now I dont feel the same, I know something change...

    Maybe I love him when he was with Nicole Kidman..

    ReplyDelete
  12. My husband told me about Hansel and Gretel yesterday - I like the twist.
    Still can't believe they are making a sequel to Clash of the Titans. I hated that movie! Didn't hold a candle to the original.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Gloria
    yep, he was a heartbreaker back in the days we didn't know he was crazy :)

    @Diane
    Unlike you, I didn't hate the movie, and obviously most people didn't either since it earned hundreds of millions of dollars around the world :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. All of these sound intriguing, but Wrath. Was rather meh on the remake of Clash because it was gorgeous, but empty to me. I am hugely in love with the original, with its Ray Harryhausen stop-motion creatures and the adorable Harry Hamlin as Perseus. I will still see it, though. I like Sam Worthington, though he is kind of wooden at times. Hopefully he'll be more animated this time around as will Neeson who was rather bland as Zeus. He did nothing but walk around in pretty CGI armor. Fiennes was the best as a very dramatic Hades.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh and I almost totally forgot. Thank God Fassbender has taken over the role. I cannot get enough of Michael Fass My Benders (love that nickname you devised) He is luscious to look at and so talented. Besides, Christian needs to do some lighter fair. I want to see him smile and not evilly. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. the witch hunters idea is pretty clever because of the already popular folk characters, also the wrath of the titans looks pretty good

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome picture from Hansel and Gretel. Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Melsy
    what??? You loved Harry Hamlin???? And those cheesy special effects (not sure they could even be called that he he ) ah, Melsy, it's you second guilty pleasure then beside Steven Tyler he he :PPP Although Hamlin was cute back in LA LAW if you remember that one, I loved the show as a kid :)
    Neeson and Worthington are always quite bland and cold, they are, unfortunately, that type of actors. And you forget that Luke Evans was actually the best as Apollo :) Apollo he is FOR SURE ;)

    And I've noticed that my invention of FassMyBenders is spreading around the Net like a storm :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Tony
    glad you liked both pieces of news, today, Tony :)

    @Rosie
    hey, Rosita, nice to see you again :) How have you been doing?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fassbender can seemingly do no wrong. If Bale is replaced, I can't see a better candidate than Fassbender.

    ReplyDelete
  21. it's true, they seem like two very interchangeable actors :) with Fassbender maybe being a bit more handsome and having better stage presence, but with Bale a bit more deeper and expressive. Two great stars!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I can't believe I'd say this, but I think Fassbender is rather overexposed these days. I'm not sure about this Noah project to be honest.

    ReplyDelete
  23. and yet he isn't in any of the bigger movies. SHAME and DANGEROUS METHOD are rather small movies, he needs a big one like NOAH to get himself into the A league :)

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.