Thursday, June 30, 2011

1ST SPELLBINDING TRAILER FOR SPIELBERG'S "WAR HORSE"! DICAPRIO TO JOIN BEYONCE IN "A STAR IS BORN"? JOHN KRASINSKI IN "CHATEAU MARMONT" HBO SHOW! BEN BARNES IN "THE SEVENTH SON"

For reasons unknown, Sam Claflin has backed away from THE SEVENTH SON (I'm guessing he got some more lucrative offers after his success in PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN),and he will
be replaced by Ben Barnes (THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA, DORIAN GRAY) who will now join Julianne Moore and Jeff Bridges in this magical adventure about a young apprentice (Barnes) of a powerful exorcist and magician (Bridges) who must battle with evil witch (Moore). Now this is quite a strange pairing, but it seems that Clint Eastwood, who is planning a remake of musical film A STAR IS BORN in which Beyonce will play a singer, wants Leonardo DiCaprio as a movie star who helps the young singer to achieve fame. Russell Crowe, Jon Hamm, Gerard Butler and even Will Smith have been previously mentioned for the role. I think Hugh Jackman would fit this role best.
___________________________________________________
One of our dearest Hollywood faces John Krasinski (THE OFFICE) is preparing a show together with HBO. He came to and idea about a show which would be set in a hotel near his house. It happens to be CHATEAU MARMONT, one of Hollywood's oldest and most prestigious landmarks. The mini series will probably have eight episodes and will follow everything that was happening in the famous and glamorous hotel from its opening in the 1920's till today. Krasinki will both star and produce the show, while the script will be written by Aaron Sorkin who wrote THE SOCIAL NETWORK.
___________________________________________________
The first trailer for Stephen Spielberg's new film WAR HORSE has just been released. Set in the rural England and Europe
during the First World War, the film follows the remarkable friendship between a horse named Joey and a young man called Albert, who tames and trains him. When they are forcefully parted, the film follows the extraordinary journey of the horse as he moves through the war, changing and inspiring the lives of all those he meets - British cavalry, German soldiers, and a French farmer and his granddaughter, before the story reaches its emotional climax in the heart of No Man's Land. The film stars Jeremy Irvine, Toby Kebbell, Emily Watson, David Thewlis, Benedict Cumberbatch, Tom Hiddleston ... and is out December 28th!

27 comments:

  1. I agree with you! I think Hugh Jackman would be the ideal male lead for A Star is Born. He's the perfect chemistry guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. he would, and I think he was offered the role but refused it, but I'm not sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WAR HORSE looks like it was beautifully filmed. I would watch that one, but if anything happens to the horse I'm going to be pissed. I like my happy endings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it really does look like a beautiful film which will score big at the Oscars, and I'm with you, I'm not sure I will be able to watch it since I tend to cry like a waterfountain when something happens to animals on film :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have I told you lately how much I enjoy your blog? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WAR HORSE looks amazing, but I'm not sure I want to see it because it looks like it would really tug on the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a good horse story. War Horse sounds like a new take on an old tale.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Dezzy - Beyonce looks beautiful! War Horse sounds like a heart-warming story. Love those. =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. War Horse for me but Beyonce and Clint Eastwood sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. War Horse Trailer freaked me out, its going to be a crier thats for sure!!

    Did you see Beyonce at Glastonbury? She is so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Steven likes this sort of heartfelt filmaking, where he showcases the entire human condition. If I were to somehow get the chance to direct films, my style would be the same.

    War Horse is going to be in the running for Best Picture of 2011. I'll even bet you Dezmond! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what an awesome project for Krasinski! I would love to learn more about that hotel. Great trailer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @RAFrenzy
    the law and the constitution state that you must tell it to me at least once every day!

    @Lyndy
    yes, such films always leave me sooo shaken and sad that I can't recover for days. I'm a person who had to take some pills after watching baby seals being killed on Discovery channel!

    @Debra
    those are usually inspiring stories, and we also love piggies on film :) like in BABE :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Shells
    it's one of my favourite pictures of Beyonce :) Honey Bee looks especially lovely in HOLLYWOOD SPY's trade mark colours :)

    @Lurk
    really? I'd never have guessed that you like Beyonce, Lurk! :)

    @Custie
    we will cry rivers and rivers :(
    Seen her? I've been there, she always takes me with her on her tours :PP Although I don't like when she goes hip hop (like her current atrocious single), I love her when she goes pop, and her singing of DANGEROUSLY IN LOVE, the legendary one, is still one of the best vocal performances ever.

    ReplyDelete
  15. @TD
    it's true, Spielberg is known for overstuffing his movies with sugar and heartbreaking drama :) Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's pathetic, but he certainly is the most generally beloved director of all times around the world beside Peter Jackson.

    @Clarissa
    it could be very interesting if they make interesting stories for each episode, it might be quite glamorous and glitzy, and plus we adore Krasinski (and his wife too :) )

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow!!! WAR HORSE looks amazing! i have a special spot in my heart for horse flicks!
    i also have a special spot in my heart for krasinski :P !

    ReplyDelete
  17. About my next banner, I believe you're not gonna like it since the movie is not your cup of tea :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Is War Horse based on the children's book by Michael Morpurgo? Just released in good time for the Oscar season. Looks amazing though.

    Beyonce in A Star is Born. Set up by casting heaven. Is Denzel too old for her?

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think Leo will overwhelm Beyonce. I don't think she's really all that good in drama. I was really disappointed by her in Cadillac Records as she tried to play Etta James. Who Knows? Maybe Clint can get her to rise to the occasion.

    War Horse looks awesome. I love the WWI era and wish there were more films set during that time.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well couldn't agree more...Hugh J is the perfect male for ASIB, well, actually for almost anything right? I can't wait to see Beyonce...lets see if she acts better than in Dream girls...right?

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've never been a fan of Beyonce. No real reason, just not a fan. But John Krazinksi? That sounds like a great series. I saw a War Horse trailer...maybe on YouTube last week? Should be interesting. The Seventh Son sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Yours is totally great. I need to post pictures of some seriously hot bodies and then maybe I will have a million hits like you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. @Vics
    he he I kinda knew you would probably like both things - horse films and Krasinski :)

    @Jaccsy
    ah, so it's Optimus Prime, yes? :) I'll live with it if you promise to do Conan in August :P

    @Michael
    I've no idea, Michael, it could be a novel adaptation.
    Why would Beyonce have to be matched with Denzel? Black doesn't have to go just with black.

    ReplyDelete
  24. @Melsy
    I have to disagree :) Although she has much to learn, Beyonce is to me a much better actress than Leonardo, and that's why I don't like to see them matched together, and plus they don't fit physically.
    WW1 is a great setting for films. We have a few very touching and profound ones in Serbian cinematic history. WW1 was horrible since we've lost almost a million out of 8 million people, and plus the war started in our neighbourhood when Austria wanted to invade Bosnia.

    ReplyDelete
  25. @XAVS
    We do love Hugh in pretty much anything (And nothing if you get my point) :)
    I thought Beyonce was quite good in DREAM GIRLS having in mind that before that she wasn't a professional actress but just a singer. I didn't like Jeniffer Hudson's performance even though she got awarded for it.

    @Josh
    last week? How is that possible? The trailer was exclusively released last night. Glad you like Krasinski :)

    @Jessie
    ah, sister, I don't have million visitors thanks to sexy pics but thanks to being all sexy myself he he :P It takes much more than just nice pics to attract people and keep them coming over.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Seems like a mix of war and brokeback mountains to me :-P. nice blog, I like the desing. + follow

    ReplyDelete
  27. Glad you like my own design :)
    I couldn't follow you before you leave a comment since you don't have an address in your profile box in my followers gadget :(

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.