Thursday, May 26, 2011

BONE CHILLING TRAILER FOR FOX NEW SHOW "ALCATRAZ"! FRANKENSTEIN ON A QUEST IN "THIS DARK ENDEAVOR"! VIN DIESEL COULD SHOOT "RIDDICK" THIS SUMMER! CIVIL WAR HEIST IN "NO BLOOD, NO GUTS, NO GLORY"!

Director Matt Reeves (LET ME IN, CLOVERFIELD) will helm THIS DARK ENDEAVOR, based on Kenneth Oppel's novel
which hasn't yet been released. The story follows a young Victor Frankenstein while he is trying to find the three rare ingredients needed to create the Elixir of Life in order to save his twin brother, Konrad, who has become gravely ill. He must turn to his father's The Dark Library to find the secret and ancient formula after which he will scale the highest trees in the Strumwald, dive into the deepest lake caves, and sacrifice his own body part, risking his life to save another.

SHORT HEADLINES *Cary Fukunaga (JANE EYRE) will direct NO BLOOD, NO GUTS, NO GLORY,  an action film set in
the Civil War, which follows a spy and 20 Union soldiers in disguise who board a train in Georgia in order to pull off a heist that could bring a quick end to the Civil War. *Vin Diesel has announced at his Facebook page that RIDDICK, the new part of the cult sf saga, could start shooting this summer, but since it will be R-rated (more similar to PITCH DARK than to CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK), he will have to work for less money. The film should also star Karl Urban and will be directed by David Twohy.

Today you can check out the extremely intriguing trailer for new FOX Fall show ALCATRAZ. Produced by J.J. Abrams, this chilling new thriller centers on America's most infamous prison
and one-time home to the nation's most notorious murderers, rapists, kidnappers and thieves. But the frightening twist is that a group of Alcatraz inmates and staff that mysteriously vanished from the prison in the 1960s never to be found, suddenly start reappearing in modern times looking young and not aged at all ... and those are all nations most dangerous criminals. The show will follow a group of agents and detectives lead by Sam Neill who are trying to piece together the inexplicable sequence of events!

28 comments:

  1. The Dark Endeavor sounds really interesting considering that the hero will have to undergo so many daring tasks to complete his mission. I'm looking forward to seeing Riddick, especially now that it's going to have an R-rating. Pitch Dark was really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep, it sounds like an adventure film. I liked CHRONICLES more than PITCH, but I know that most fans loved the first film better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff Dez.
    Alcatraz sounds good and I'm curious about the new Riddick movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm supposed to go to San Francisco at the end of the summer, and I'm thinking of taking a tour of Alcatraz. I find it a really interesting place (maybe based on my background). The show could be good if it continues to raise questions the way Lost did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That movie sounds really good. Cheers!

    Ps: I’m hosting a great sportswear GIVEAWAY today! Perfect for morning yoga practice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you, Dezmond, I rather liked CHRONICLES. I have to admit that when I first saw it I was like WTF, but after a few more times I really began to enjoy it. Thanks for the updates! Always look forward to seeing them in my reading list. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. No Blood, No Guts, No Glory, I'm definitely in! Sounds terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dezzy - Anything is Vin D in it... I'm hooked. *sigh* *drool* I mean I totally respect him as an actor. =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really excited by the Oppel one!! His stuff is terrific :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another Riddick? Let's hope poor Karl doesn't have to share screen time with Thandie Newton, because I do not like her.

    How do these authors manage to get film deals before their books are even released? I want a piece of that action. :)

    Alcatraz look very cool and will be on my must watch list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cary's Jane Eyre adaptation is actually a very good film. Have you seen it, Dezzyville?

    ReplyDelete
  12. oo, Alcatraz looks fantastic.
    I hope Riddick goes ahead and I hope he focusses on story rather than sfx.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another Riddick and with Karl Urban from Doom, looking forward to that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Dezzy!! I am sorry I have been absent. Been a little stressed out the past few days. I hope you are well

    Wasn't Karl Urban in the last riddick film?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like the look of Alcatraz, and it'sgot atmosphere coming out of the wahzoo :P Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow, that trailar look pretty cool. I wonder if it's going to be aired here.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I might try to catch Alcatraz since i've been liking Fringe so far.

    ReplyDelete
  18. i still haven't seen either the chronicles of riddick or pitch black!!!! i really need to fix that!

    the first one sounds interesting too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Google /blogger is driving me crazy. I'm having a hard time commenting. But, hello.

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Ricky
    glad you like ALCATRAZ, it sounds and looks quite intriguing

    @Diana
    lots of luck with your giveaway

    @Luanne
    what background? Ah, you probably mean you being a deputy sheriff! Did you have to put criminals in jail while doing that job? :)

    @LC
    always nice having you here, and yes, CHRONICLES were beautiful visually, it had the most amazing sets and costumes and CGI and I liked the soap opera in it too

    ReplyDelete
  21. @Admin
    freaky indeed

    @Matty
    I kinda knew you would gonna like that one :)

    @Jemi
    you read some of his books?

    @Shells
    yes, we totally respect him as an actor :P

    @Melsy
    you don't like Thandie? I do, but I did notice a certain arrogance in her character or maybe in the characters she plays, so I do understand people who don't like her. Her beauty is cold not warm

    ReplyDelete
  22. @Moobeat
    glad you think so

    @Jaccsy
    I did, and I didn't like it since I can't stand Wasikowska

    @Lyndy
    yep, it does sound and look fantastic

    @Lurk
    Karl Urban is one of HOLLYWOOD SPY's favourite actor and he recently won our BEST AUSTRALIAN ACTOR poll :)

    @Jamie
    it does have a lot of atmosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  23. @Custie
    is you site finally back? :) We did miss you even though it's been just a day or two :)
    Karl was in CHRONICLES and he is supposed to appear in the new chapter too

    @Flodstrom
    depends where here is :)

    @Dirty
    it could be interesting with nice stories, although HEROES and LOST didn't exactly had the best of scripts, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

    @MAry
    some other people have complained that they can't comment normally around the blogosphere :( And I've been having problems with polls in which votes are sometimes disappearing :(

    @Vics
    you don't have to watch PITCH but CHRONICLES are lovely and beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  24. Alcatraz it is! I'm looking forward to that one. Hope I'm not disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've never seen any of the Riddick movies but w/ Karl Urban, that's gonna change! :D

    Oooh, Alcatraz looks really good. That's probably gonna be the show I'd watch this Fall. The main guy is very easy on the eyes, too, he..he..

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.