Friday, May 13, 2011

1ST TRAILER FOR "FRIGHT NIGHT" WITH COLIN FARRELL & TONI COLLETTE! ASHTON KUTCHER IN "TWO AND A HALF MAN"! ALEX PETTYFER IS CHANNING TATUM IN "MAGIC MIKE"! NBC DROPS "WONDER WOMAN"!

Now, this is quite a strong cast: Robert De Niro, Diane Keaton, Amanda Seyfried and Katherine Heigl will all star in GENTLY DOWN THE STREAM. This charming comedy
, to be directed by Justin Zackham who wrote BUCKET LIST, will see Robert De Niro and Diane Keaton playing a couple who have long since divorced but agree to pretend to be married again, for their adopted son's wedding. There still isn't any information on the roles which Amanda Seyfried and Katherine Heigl might take in the film nor who will play the adopted son.


SHORT HEADLINES *Marie Lu's novel LEGEND will be adapted into a film. The story is set in an alternate future where North America has been split up and divided into two warring
nations. It's interesting that the novel is yet to be published by Penguin in amazing 350,00 copies! *Believe it or not, Alex Pettyfer will take the lead role in MAGIC MIKE which is basically Channing Tatum's biopic following the days when he was a young male stripper. But Channing will also appear in his biopic playing his own mentor. The film will be directed by Steven Soderbergh. *As we expected after seeing horrid costumes, pictures and videos from the shooting of WONDER WOMAN, NBC has now decided to drop the unfortunate show and we shall not watch it! *It's official: Ashton Kutcher is replacing fallen Charlie Sheen in TWO AND A HALF MAN!

And here it is, the first trailer for the remake of FRIGHT NIGHT which premieres this August.  Anton Yelchin plays Charlie Brewster a young student who is running with the popular crowd
and dating the most coveted girl in his high school. In fact, he’s so cool he’s even dissing his best friend. But trouble arrives when Jerry (Colin Farrell) moves in next door. He seems like a great guy at first, but there’s something not quite right—but everyone, including Charlie’s mom (Toni Collette), doesn’t notice. After observing some very strange activity, Charlie comes to an unmistakable conclusion: Jerry is a vampire preying on the neighborhood. Unable to convince anyone, Charlie has to find a way to get rid of the monster himself. The film also stars gorgeous Imogen Poots and David Tennant as a magician-turned-vampire hunter.

PS since Blogger was down for almost a day and this Friday post was published a bit late, I shall post Saturday post tomorrow morning and not tonight. In the meantime enjoy this one :)

24 comments:

  1. Wonder Woman and Fright Night? Uh, no thank you.

    Robert De Niro and Diane Keaton pretending to be married? Yes, please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, WW must be dismal to be cancelled before starting. Makes me want to see it now. How bad? lol I'm sick that way.

    Ashton doesn't seem old enough to play John Cryer's older brother. Or is he not the brother?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Luanne
    FRIGHT NIGHT trailer actually looks quite good :) even though I'm not into horrors. And Toni Collette would never act in a bad movie :)

    @MPax
    well, you've seen the pics of poor WW :) I'm sad because, although I hated the pics, the costumes and the actress, this means we probably won't see any other version of WW on the big or small screens any time soon.
    I'm not sure yet, whether Ashton will take the old character or will get a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok, someone tell me how a book that's not even published yet makes it into film (if it started first as a book).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have nothing to say about this post but I just wanna comment on the poll. Alex's got my vote here, but Worthington's my second choice. Love them Aussies! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Lyndy
    well, you get an agent who will send your manuscript to film studios as well :) It usually happens to writers who really have exciting stories and who fight for their success.

    @Flixy
    I'm shocked that you voted for Alex :) And I'm surprised you have nothing to say on Channing :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm highly upset about Wonder Woman because those idiots have ruined her for some time to come.

    Love this trailer for Fright Night.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband just told us this morning that Ashton Kutcher is joining Two and a Half Men. That made my fifteen-year-old daughter very happy, even though she doesn't watch the show.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Melsy
    I'm afraid we might never get a new chance to see WW on TV or in cinema :( David E.Kelley is on our black list from now :( He committed a terrible atrocity against super hero world.

    @Suzy
    he he ... you don't have to explain why :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Only half a day Dezi. Was longer in Oz and some people still haven't got it back yet. Eek. Toni Collette - great Aussie dame. These new flicks look awesome!

    Denise<3

    Romantic Friday Writers - Second Challenge - Lost.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Susan Field: I am having a hard time picturing Ashton Kutcher joining "Two and a Half Men". Just can not picture Ashton who usually plays good guy roles replacing Charlie Sheen's character:-). I might be interesting:-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like they finally cast someone for Two and a Half Men. I never watched the show before. And I still won't.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Denise
    he he it was almost a whole day :) and comments are still not back. And yes, Toni is amazing, beside Blanchett and certain Lyndylove definitely my favourite Australian being :)

    @Erena
    well, he does have a naughty and flirtatious manner so I'm guessing he could use those :)))

    @Matty
    I tried watching it a few times and it was boring to me just like HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER. But the sitcom does have some very hilarious and adorable kid actor.

    ReplyDelete
  14. david tennant as a vampire? that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I didn't know Legend was going to be made into a movie. Count on Dez to keep me up to date on my pop culture!

    ReplyDelete
  16. @E
    a vampire slash magician :)

    @Lydia
    yep, and it hasn't even been published yet, it will be published this Autumn or August, I'm not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I didn't find that trailer too scary, but maybe I'll still watch that flick.

    I love De Niro and Keaton...and together they should be spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  18. very interesting .. thanks for sharing this !!

    ReplyDelete
  19. DeNiro and Keaton, can't wait.
    Wonder Woman dropped -- no tears to shed.
    So you're telling me I won't be watching 2 1/2 Men. Now I'm down to like 2 tv shows,

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Medeia
    yep, it seems like a mix of horror and comedy :)

    @Flying
    be welcome, glad you like it

    @Mary
    no tears indeed.
    You don't like Ashton? :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dez if your a wonder woman fan then i highly recommend watching the animated wonder woman film dc did a few years ago. Its pretty good imo

    And Fright Night looks fun

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gently Down The Stream sounds really interesting, especially with that cast. I can't see Ashton pulling that role off however. While Sheen may be an idiot in some ways, he has a charisma and natural arrogance that Ashton doesn't. It's what made him perfect for the role. And WooHoo, for the cancellation of Wonder Woman. I'd rather it not be made than be made abysmally bad.

    ReplyDelete
  23. yep, we won't shed any tears for David E. Kelley's horrid vision of Wonder Woman :(

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.