Sunday, August 16, 2015

DISNEY CASTS SHAKIRA IN 'ZOOTOPIA', ANNOUNCES 'GIGANTIC' JACK AND THE MAGIC BEAN ANIMATED MOVIE, SHARES FIRST 'FINDING DORY' IMAGE, REVEALS 'ALICE THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS' POSTERS, 'STAR WARS ROGUE ONE' CAST PHOTO

  DISNEY'S 'ZOOTOPIA' 
CASTS SHAKIRA AS GAZELLE
It's a Disney day today, people, since the studio has announced a number of great news today, starting with pop star Shakira who will lend her voice to Gazelle and she will also sing the main song TRY EVERYTHING written by Sia in ZOOTOPIA! Gazelle will be the biggest pop star next March in ZOOTOPIA, the modern mammal metropolis in which the main hero an optimistic police bunny  discovers that being the first bunny on a police force of big, tough animals isn’t so easy!

'GIGANTIC' JACK & MAGIC BEAN ANIMATED FILM
But probably the biggest is the announcement of GIGANTIC, Jack and the Magic Bean animated Disney movie directed by TANGLED's Nathan Greno with the story  set in Spain during the Age of Exploration, and following adventure seeker Jack as he discovers a world of giants hidden within the clouds. He hatches a grand plan with Inma, a 60-foot-tall girl, and agrees to help her stop a group of villains called Storm Giants! The movie is set for 2018 release after MOANA in 2016.The music is being written by FROZEN composers!

 DISNEY'S 'FINDING DORY' 
NEW CHARACTERS REVEALED
They have also revealed the first image from FINDING DORY sequel arriving next summer to reunite Dory with friends Nemo and Marlin on a search for answers about her past. What can she remember? Who are her parents? With voices from Ellen DeGeneres and Diane Keaton, new characters will include a cantankerous octopus, a misguided beluga whale and  a kind hearted whale shark!

  DISNEY'S FIRST POSTERS FROM
 'ALICE IN WONDERLAND: THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS'
Disney has also released first two posters for live action adventure sequel ALICE IN WONDERLAND: THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS which arrives into cinemas next May with the return of Johnny Depp as Mad Hatter and Mia Wasikowska as the title character Alice. Anne Hathaway will also return as White Queen and Helena Bonham Carter as Red Queen and Stephen Fry as Cheshire Cat! Joining Alice in her quest to save Mad Hatter, will be Rhys Ifans as Zanik Hightopp, the Mad Hatter's father and Ed Speleers as James Harcourt.

  DISNEY'S RELEASES 1ST PHOTO
FROM STAR WARS ROGUE ONE
Disney has also revealed the first cast photo from STAR WARS: ROGUE ONE spin off which includes Felicity Jones, Diego Luna, Forest Whitaker, Mads Mikkelsen,  Donnie Yen and Riz Ahmed. The movie with deal with the stolen plans of Death Star and is directed by Gareth Edwards for December 2016 release.


26 comments:

  1. All kinds of good stuff coming up. Enjoyed the first Alice hope this is as good.
    Have a great one, Dez.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely will have to see Finding Dory. She was hilarious in Nemo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it will probably be a hit, although I must admit I don't recall a thing from NEMO :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, lots of neat news. Of course, I'm very fond of Dory, as are most writers. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. even more coming up later today, our agents are busy at Disney Con :)

      Delete
  4. Gigantic sounds interesting...I like it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it could be a huge hit! I loved the recent movie too

      Delete
  5. I'm just glad my stepdaughter's almost 16 and over making us sit through all those kids' movies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait what? Aren't you a kid's books writer? :)

      Delete
  6. The sad thing is that Dory will forget what happens to her at the end of the movie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. will she? I can't remember anything about her... I think I didn't overly enjoy the first movie

      Delete
  7. There are some great looking animated films coming up. I'd no idea they were doing another Alice movie.

    More Johnny Depp to look forward to :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, this second movie came quite out of a sudden... I don't think we need it... I barely managed to watch half an hour of the first one it was so dreadfully monotonous and lifeless.. as most Burton's movies are lately

      Delete
  8. That's why I love Disneeey.. Everything looks cool. finding Dory.. Can't wait,can't wait..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when they do those big old fashioned movies of theirs, like TANGLED and FROZEN and now GIGANTIC

      Delete
  9. We LOVED Finding Nemo, so we are really looking forward to Finding Dory.

    I wasn't thrilled with the first Alice In Wonderland, so I'm an idiot and will sit through this next one as well. Only because my niece loves all things Alice In Wonderland, I get sucked into it too.

    Gigantic looks promising as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I'd die when I watched ALICE... such a dreadfully boring affair... I think Burton makes movies to bore us to death... although they indeed are visually splendid.... I always though his movies are made for those who smoke weed

      Delete
    2. Bwhahaha! I'm not a weed smoker, but I do like most of his movies. Nightmare Before Christmas will always be my all time favorite film. I do love how they turn out visually as well, but what draws me to them are the mix of whimsy and weirdness. I'm usually drawn to the things that most people consider abnormal or weird though.

      Delete
    3. I don't count NIGHTMARE BC because that is his old phase... but I'm thinking of last ten years from BIG FISH to ALICE and other of his more recent borefests

      Delete
    4. maybe if you stop buying suits and start saving for Bora... you save enough for Bora Bora too

      Delete
  10. Lots of cool animated films coming then :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tons and tons of them and new ICE AGE too :)

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.