Friday, August 21, 2015

DWAYNE JOHNSON TO TAKE 'JUNGLE CRUISE' AT DISNEY! CLIVE OWEN JOINS DANE DEHAAN IN BESSON'S SF EPIC 'VALERIAN AND THE CITY OF A THOUSAND PLANETS'! JOSH HENDERSON, MICHAEL VARTAN LEAD 'ARRANGEMENT' SERIES AT E!

  DWAYNE JOHNSON TO TAKE 
'JUNGLE CRUISE' AT DISNEY
Here's yet another family adventure for Dwayne the Rock Johnson: he will lead the cast in Disney's JUNGLE CRUISE the big screen adaptation of their theme park attraction in which the visitors travel through African rivers of the Nile and Congo, where they encounter rhinos and hippos, after which they visit a part of South America's Amazon River, where they  can see piranhas! The movie itself will be a 1950's adventure in the vein of THE AFRICAN QUEEN. Earlier this week it has been announced that Dwayne will also lend his voice in Disney's animated movie MOANA as a Hawaiian demigod and will also remake BAYWATCH in the form of a movie with Zac Effron.

 E!'S 'THE ARRANGEMENT' SHOW
  JOSH HENDERSON, CHRISTINE EVANGELISTA & MICHAEL VARTAN 
In TV news, after scoring major success with THE ROYALS, E! is preparing their second scripted series THE ARRANG- EMENT which will have Josh Henderson, Michael Vartan and Christine Evangelista in the lead roles. Described as a Cinderella story for modern times with a dramatic and complicated Hollywood twist, it follows Megan Morrison (Christine Evangelista), a beautiful young actress who auditions for the female lead in a summer blockbuster playing opposite Kyle West (Josh Henderson), the hottest actor of the moment. After an amazing audition segues into a dream-like first date, Megan’s Cinderella story takes a turn to the bizarre when she is presented with a contract that details an entire relationship with Kyle. Megan must weigh her options and the benefits and consequences to her career and her life overall… and decide whether or not she will accept “the arrangement.” Michael Vartan plays Kyle’s best friend and mentor!

 CLIVE OWEN IN BESSON'S 
'VALERIAN AND THE CITY OF A THOUSAND PLANETS' SF EPIC
Meanwhile, 'Deadline' reports that director Luc Besson has hired Clive Owen to star in his $180 million expensive sf adaptation VALERIAN AND THE CITY OF A THOUSAND PLANETS as Commander Arün Filitt. Dane DeHaan and Cara Delevigne are set to lead the cast playing Valerian and Laureline in the adaptation of the graphic novel, which centred on a pair of spatio temporal agents who help defend a utopian 28th century Earth and its neighbouring planets from bad guys, with the pair’s adventures rooted in space opera and time travel themes not so much unlike Besson's 'Fifth Element'!

27 comments:

  1. PS people, I'm out of the city tomorrow off to my publisher and will respond to your comments and visit your places late in the evening

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks dahlink, the meeting was lovely, but the trip was awful because when I came to the bus station it was filled with tons of asylym seekers and refugees from Syria and Iraq and it brought me to tears.... I saw a little baby girl sleeping on the dirty pavement in front of the station with her parents. Made me throw myself in front of the bus from despair. When I was travelling back this evening, half of the bus were poor Syrian and Iraqi boys just trying to flee and find asylym in Western Europe and my city is the gate to Europe. Hungary is building a wall on our border to stop them. It's pure fascism... I can't believe what I'm seeing with my own eyes.

      Delete
  2. I like Clive. I've seen him in a bunch of things, like Gosford Park. I think every Britsh Actor was in that movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we do love them British actors... I myself are not so fond of Clive, he seems to have only one expression in all of his movies.... but I love the epic genre in which he often stars.

      Delete
  3. More good ones coming our way. I love Dwayne Johnson:) How are you, Dez?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a bit tired, working a lot, not at all rested to take a trip to capital city tomorrow, but still looking forward to it. Hope you're OK and well

      Delete
  4. I know I remembering hearing about Pirates of the Caribbean and thinking a movie about a amusement park ride was doomed to fail.

    I was wrong

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. some were doomed to fail, there were plans with other parks and they didn't go through

      Delete
  5. Count me amongst the Clive fans. He's just so damn sexy it's almost a crime. So yeah, I'll see Valerian just to look at his hunkiness.

    I'll be away tomorrow as well. Going to visit the in-laws. I'm glad to hear that you are going to visit your publisher as this means you've books to translate. Hope your trip is good and your meeting productive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope the in-laws are fine, dear.
      Thanks, Annzie, I'm happy with my new publisher and I think she is with me too... has books for me all till next year and more.

      Delete
  6. I'd like to take a Jungle Cruise with The Rock. Maybe take a little detour too ;)

    Safe travels tomorrow Dezzy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he can jungle us in the Jungle anytime he wants :)
      Thanks, dear, came back safe and exhausted... will sleep well tonight

      Delete
  7. Aaaaahhhhh The Rock. Damn, would I ever love to cruise those rivers with him. I would get some severe Jungle Fever!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did think of you while choosing that pic of his :)

      Delete
  8. Oh I love the Rock. Yum!!!! He was even sexy as a tooth fairy. Hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  9. So...an entire movie about a cruise through the Congo? Sounds...not all that appealing! I'm sure kids will love it, though, and what great publicity for Disney World!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine it will be adventurous like his MYSTERY ISLAND movies

      Delete
  10. The cruise film actually sounds pretty good

    ReplyDelete
  11. Clive Owen looks different :)..I love the Rocks..he's really into Disney's movie lately :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is one of his younger pics, he is all wrinkled and harsh now

      Delete
  12. Besson and SF... the worst combo in the universe.

    Hello, Christine Evangelista. Your name so becomes you.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.