Monday, August 24, 2015

MARCIA CROSS IS GOD, BRENDAN FRASER PLAYS MULTIPLE CHARACTERS IN 'BEHIND THE CURTAIN OF THE NIGHT'! TOM HOLLAND TO FIND 'LOST CITY OF Z' WITH CHARLIE HUNNAM, ROBERT PATTINSON

 'BEHIND THE CURTAIN OF NIGHT' 
WITH BRENDAN FRASER AND MARCIA CROSS
Some of week's leftover movie news for you today, people, starting with something that sounds more than intriguing: with a brilliant match of Brendan Fraser and our favourite housewife Marcia Cross in BEHIND THE CURTAIN OF THE NIGHT! Written and directed by Dalibor Stach (who describes things that actually happened to him in real life), the movie follows a boy who drowns when he is six years-old and has a near-death experience and then it happens again when he is 18 years old. In the five minutes that he is declared dead the second time, he sees his past lives from before he was born, and his future lives up until the year 3,012. When he comes out of it, he decides to write a book which becomes a best-seller in the Czech Republic.
 As 'Deadline' writes, because of the reincarnation theme, Brendan Fraser plays multiple characters in the past as he finds himself in World War II through the present and future while Marcia Cross plays God. 40% of the cast has had near death experiences.

TOM HOLLAND TO SEARCH FOR 
'LOST CITY OF Z' WITH CHARLIE HUNNAM AND ROBERT PATTINSON
Meanwhile, one of Hollywood's fastest rising stars, young Tom Holland, who literally blew us of our feet with his outstanding role next to Ewan McGregor a few years ago in IMPOSSIBLE and is also the brand new SPIDERMAN, has joined the big screen adaptation of David Grann's bestselling novel LOST CITY OF Z which already has Charlie Hunnam, Robert Pattinson and Sienna Miller. The movie, which is already shooting in Belfast, follows conscripted soldier and born explorer Percy Fawcett (Charlie Hunnam) who disappeared in the 1920s while searching for a mythical city in the Amazon jungles of Brazil that he believed he discovered on a prior expedition.

29 comments:

  1. "Behind the Curtain of the Night" sounds intriguing. I don't believe in such things but it's still interesting. And I like Brendan Fraser and hope he'll have a hit on his hands for a change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them both and it is very interesting that half of the cast has had such experiences.

      Delete
  2. I love the title of Behind the Curtain of the Night.
    And the Lost City is always a win for me. I love that kinda movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the story for Behind the Curtain of the Night. I can't say that I believe in past lives. And I really hope that it's not true.. The reason is that I don't want to come back. When I die, I want to be done, I want it to be over, I want it to be finished. On the other hand, I love to hear other peoples stories of their experiences and it's fun to talk about it. Either way, I'm fond of Brendan and I hope the film does well.

    Oooh I keep meaning to ask-how did your visit with your publisher go? Did you have a pleasant trip?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, dear, we died way too many times in this life to hope for eternal life of similar shitefest :)

      Semipleasant, seminot, I described it in one of our previous post comments :)

      Delete
    2. I may not have gone back a third time to pick that one up dahlink. I'm sorry I missed it.

      Delete
    3. no worries, dear, I was ranting about the sad current world situation in it....

      Delete
  4. Behind The Curtain sounds fascinating, though I don't believe in past lives or life hereafter. I'd watch it anyway as I do love Marcia Cross!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she was supposed to lead one of the new sitcoms, but I think it fell through :(

      Delete
    2. Hollywood is a fickle friend. I'm sure she'll have her own sitcom one of these days.

      Delete
    3. fingers crossed, although the best actors usually don't get used well in series....

      Delete
  5. I will most definitely see Behind the Curtain of Night when it comes out, but dang, that's a pretty long movie title. When is the expected release date?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no idea, it's shooting over in Czech republic

      Delete
  6. Can Marcia put any more Botox in her face? Geez.
    I guess God would need Botox...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she always looked kind of creepy to me. Botox would explain that

      Delete
    2. I think Marcia's face has always been like that, don't think it's botox :) especially since this photo is at least ten years old if not more.

      Delete
  7. Both of these shows sound amazing! Loved Marcia as one of the Desperate Housewives.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The lost city of z sounds intriguing, but I came stand Robert pattinson. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now I want to read Behind the Curtain of Night before watching the film. It's amazing indeed that half of the characters experienced a near death encounter. Sounds like a great story. I like anything related to time travel or reincarnation. I saw a world war 2 film being shot in Prague almost 2 weeks ago and it was weird to see soldiers in ww2 uniform and a dead stuntman playing war prisoner hanging on a street lamp. I wonder if this was related to the film?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no, not the characters but the members of the cast, from actors to other staff at the set.

      Delete
  10. Now I want to read Behind the Curtain of Night before watching the film. It's amazing indeed that half of the characters experienced a near death encounter. Sounds like a great story. I like anything related to time travel or reincarnation. I saw a world war 2 film being shot in Prague almost 2 weeks ago and it was weird to see soldiers in ww2 uniform and a dead stuntman playing war prisoner hanging on a street lamp. I wonder if this was related to the film?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no, not the characters but the members of the cast, from actors to other staff at the set.

      Delete
  11. Brendan Fraser needs to find a different profession.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. never! He is one of my faves!

      Delete
    2. But not as an actor, right? Right?

      Delete
    3. as an actor especially... was outstanding in QUIET AMERICAN, CRUSH and MUMMY

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.