Thursday, August 20, 2015

JOE SIMS, GREGORY FITOUSSI JOIN KIERAN BEW, ED SPEELERS IN 'BEOWULF' EPIC SERIES! REBECCA FERGUSON TO JOIN EMILY BLUNT IN 'GIRL ON THE TRAIN'? CBS TO TURN IAN MCDONALD'S 'LUNA NEW MOON' INTO SF SERIES

  'THE GIRL ON THE TRAIN' 
REBECCA FERGUSON TO JOIN EMILY BLUNT IN THE THRILLER?
While her MISSION IMPOSSIBLE is currently scoring success around the world, gorgeous WHITE QUEEN's and RED TENT's  Rebecca Ferguson has taken another gig: she will join Emily Blunt in THE GIRL ON THE TRAIN. As 'Deadline' reports in the adaptation of Paula Hawkins novel she will play the role of Anna one of  three main female roles in the thriller! Emily Blunt plays a recent divorcee who narrates the tale and spends her daily commute fantasizing about the seemingly perfect couple who live in a house that her train passes every day. One morning, she sees something shocking happen there and becomes entangled in the mystery that unfolds.

  'BEOWULF' EPIC TV SERIES
JOE SIMS, GREGORY FITOUSSI, DAVID BRADLEY JOIN CAST
 One of our most anticipated of the epic series, ITV's next big show after they finish with the DOWNTON ABBEY next year BEOWULF is adding new cast! With our dear Kieran Bew beside Ed Speelers, William Hurt, Joanne Whalley and Elliott Cowan, the series will now also have Joe Sims, Lee Boardman, David Bradley, Ace Bhatti and Gregory Fitoussi appear in the story set in the mythical Shieldlands, a place of spectacle and danger, populated by both humas and fantastical creatures. Dashing Joe Sims (Broadchurch) will be miner Greff; Lee Boardman (Da Vinci’s Demons, in which both Bew and Cowan starred as well), will be an ambitious medic. David Bradley (Harry Potter, GOT) will play tribe leader Gorrik while Ace Bhatti (Black Work) will play councillor Harken. Gregory Fitoussi (Mr Selfridge) is Razzzak, a 500 year old human creature Skinshiber.

  'LUNA NEW MOON' SF NOVEL
TO BE TURNED INTO TV SERIES
The third book adaptation for today is a science fiction one: NCIS's Shane Brennan is to turn Ian McDonald's upcoming sf novel series LUNA: NEW MOON into series at CBS!  It is set in 2110 on the moon, which has been colonized and industrialized. It is controlled by five powerful, highly competitive dynastic corporate families (known as the Five Dragons) who run their various enterprises with an iron fist in a near feudal society. The moon, under the control of the Five Dragons, is a lucrative source of valuable resources such as Helium-3, carbon, water ice and rare metals, which are exported back to Earth for huge profits. Forty years ago, Adriana wrested control of the moon’s lucrative Helium-3 industry from the powerful Mackenzie Metal corporation. Now, in the twilight of her life, Adriana finds her corporation, Corta Helio, surrounded by the many enemies she made during her meteoric rise. If the Corta family is to survive, Adriana’s five children must defend their mother’s empire from her many enemies… and each other.

37 comments:

  1. I am intrigued by The Girl On The Train. Wonder what shocking thing she saw happen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've no idea, but I've noticed around the net that tons of people hate the book... don't know whom to trust :)

      Delete
  2. OMG I just finished reading The Girl on the Train and I predicted there would be a movie. I could not put it down it was so awesome. Emily Blunt is WAY too pretty to play that part. She was an overweight, unattractive alcoholic in the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG SO excited to see that about The Girl on the Train. I read the book in April and couldn't wait to hear who would be playing the main character. Anna, indeed, is a prominent character as well. And Emily Blunt's the perfect choice! She's married to Jim from The Office, one of my all-time favorite shows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. to John Krasinski, they're my number one fave celebrity couple. Number two being Ryan and Blake and three Sudeikis and Wilde.

      Delete
  4. Beowulf! Yay! The cast is shaping up nicely on this one. It's going to be a long wait to see this and I know we'll be teased between now and airing. Something to look forward to though.

    You're not going to believe this, but it's true. Two nights ago I had this stupid dream that I was named Mayor of the the Moon. I didn't want the job to begin with and it only paid 22K a year. Not enough money for a job like that. I hope the tv show is better than my stupid dream was

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it that they took a number of actors from DA VINCI'S DEMONS whose cast is probably the cast to tweet HOLLYWOOD SPY most of all other casts :) Love them all to bits from Kieran to Elliott, Tom Riley and Laura Haddock.

      Oooh, an Irish rule on Luna... melikes it :) Would I be a governor of a moon crater in your government? :) I want the one with the hottest male population, dahlink

      Delete
    2. Of course you can be a governor dahlink. And we'll open the first Lunar Shenanigan's Pub as well. We're going galactic baby!

      Delete
    3. we couldn't really limit our shenanigans just to Earth

      Delete
  5. I loved Rebecca in MI. One review I read suggested she should get her own spinoff series. I agree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm only shocked that people seem to ask who she is and where did she pop up from. I mean she had lead roles in WHITE QUEEN adn RED TENT which were both watched around the world. She even had Emmy noms methinks

      Delete
  6. I love thrillers. I think it's interesting that the character fantasizes about what she sees while travelling and then sees something disturbing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. could be an interesting plot. I hear some people loved it, and some really hated it

      Delete
  7. I look forward to seeing how Girl on the Train turns out. It was an intriguing read and I can understand why some people disliked. It reminded me a bit of Alfred Hitchcock's work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We always think people have perfect lives...then we learn the truth. She really is gorgeous also!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, some people have totally different image from their real lives.... why are you looking at me? :)

      Delete
  9. I'm looking forward to Beowulf. My husband is probably looking forward to seeing Emily Blunt in a movie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh. Beowulf. Looks wonderful. And I totally forgot about the Royals. I've been meaning to watch that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quite liked them royals... spicy and a lovely cast

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.