Wednesday, February 11, 2015

DANIEL MACPHERSON, MARCUS VANCO, BROOKE WILLIAMS JOIN 'SHANNARA' EPIC FANTASY TV SERIES! IS NETFLIX PREPARING 'LEGEND OF ZELDA' EPIC FANTASY SERIES?

'SHANNARA' EPIC TV SERIES
CASTS MARCUS VANCO, DANIEL MACPHERSON, BROOKE WILLIAMS
Our main television headline today is that MTV's small screen adaptation of fantasy saga SHANNARA has two new cast members who will join Austin Butler and Poppy Drayton in the lead roles alongside Ivana Baquero, Aaron Jakubenko, Manu Bennett and John Rhys Davies. According to 'Deadline' Brooke Williams ('Spartacus: Blood And Sand'), Daniel MacPherson ('Neighbours'), and Marcus Vanco ('Unbroken') have joined the cast of the 10-episode epic fantasy drama based on Terry Brooks’ massive fantasy book series set in our world, thousands of years after the destruction of our civilization.
ELVES AND ANCIENT MAGIC  
The story follows the SHANNARA family, whose descendants are empowered with ancient magic and whose adventures continuously reshape the future of the world. Brooke Williams will play Catania, a witty and wise Elf who is not only Elven princess Amberle’s (Poppy Drayton) handmaiden, but her trusted best friend in the palace. Daniel MacPherson is Arion, the heir to the Elvin throne. Arion takes himself very seriously and is the opposite of his wilder brother Ander (Aaron Jakubenko). Marcus Vanco plays Bandon. Feared by his family for his mysterious visions, Bandon is discovered by Elvin prince Wil (Austin Butler) and Amberle starving and chained to a wall. Druid Allanon (Manu Bennett) takes special interest in him, believing his abilities will be integral in saving the Four Lands. Cast also includes Ivana Baquero (Eretria, a human thief) and John Rhys-Davies (King Eventine, Amberle's grandfather, who has ruled the Elvin kingdom of Arborlon for decades)!

'LEGEND OF ZELDA' TO BECOME
EPIC TV SERIES AT NETFLIX?
In other news from the epic series front today, after hitting success with MARCO POLO historical series, which is getting its second season, Netflix is planning another adventure series: they will adapt LEGEND OF ZELDA popular video game into epic series! This light hearted swords and sorcery saga revolves around an ordinary boy named Link who must save Princess Zelda and her fantasy world Hyrule. Netflix will work closely with Nintendo on the possible development of this project.

29 comments:

  1. Netflix is surely expanding and those Nintendo fans will want to watch the Legend of Zelda on television.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully they really do it... it's just a rumour so far

      Delete
  2. I still need to read these books. Or maybe I'll just wait for the series to hit the screen. Especially if it stars Mr. "Check Out My Abs" MacPherson. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that gorgeous hunk MacPherson was actually so kind to retweet our post yesterday at Twitter :) And I posted a full nude photo of him there yesterday :)

      Delete
  3. After seeing John Rhys Davies as a successful dwarf I cannot imagine him as an Elf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine him as anything if he is set in an epic world :) You can't have an epic movie without him, from LOTR and INDIANA JONES to this one

      Delete
  4. Jason and I were obsessed with playing Zelda when we were kids. I'd like to see it become a reality, only if they do it right though. This is one I could see us enjoying together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. or hating together. I can see this either being really good or really bad.

      Delete
    2. it might not happen at all :) It's in very early stages of talks and might fall apart before it gets into any stage of production

      Delete
    3. I've heard quite a bit of talk about it lately. If it's already causing some buzz like this, I bet it gets a green light.

      Delete
  5. That first pic...nice.

    The Legend of Zelda? I spent so many hours on that game until I finally won. It would be interesting to watch it on TV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a very much nude pics of him at Twitter too :) He is ever so nom nom... and kind too... retweeted us yesterday

      Delete
  6. Wow. We read the Shannara books but I don't recognize any of those characters or situations. Is this only going to loosely based on the world?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've no idea, should be based on those books, not sure whether they start from the first or second one

      Delete
  7. I am not sure how I feel about Zelda. I think it's one of the movies I might get dragged to and then secretly end up enjoying.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What am I doing here staring at man nipples again when I know I'm supposed to be prepping classes? Well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see no man nipples, just some hot abs :)

      Delete
    2. I love abs.
      His are fabs.
      Am I ze fool,
      B'cause I drool?

      Delete
    3. you can see him almost full naked at our Facebook and Twitter pages :)

      Delete
    4. Abs pfffffffffft.... you should see my sexy........... money. :p

      Delete
    5. I knew it... no one gives an ass about my butt.

      Delete
  9. I'm kind of ready for some reality. Not the "follow everyone into the bathroom or kitchen" kind of reality, but something that doesn't have elves or elf relatives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. but we haven't had much of Elves outside LOTR movies and Hobbit :(

      Delete
  10. HOORAY ZELDA!!!
    that is all....;-)

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.