Saturday, November 15, 2014

POPPY DRAYTON IS ELVEN PRINCESS IN 'SHANNARA' EPIC TV SERIES! CLAIRE FOY FOR NETFLIX'S $100 MILLION HISTORICAL SERIES 'THE QUEEN'? 'SONG ONE' TRAILER WITH ANNE HATHAWAY!

'SHANNARA' EPIC TV SERIES
POPPY DRAYTON TO LEAD THE CAST AS AN ELVEN PRINCESS
Another of the huge epic shows that we await in the future has got its lead star: according to 'Deadline' Poppy Drayton will lead the cast in MTV's ten episode epic fantasy series SHANNARA based on Terry Brooks' beloved novels! The story is set in our world, thousands of years after the destruction of our civilization, centring on the SHANNARA family, whose descendants are empowered with ancient magic and whose adventures continuously reshape the future of the world. Poppy Drayton will play Elven princess Amberle. Agile, fit and capable, she has become the first female to be accepted as one of the Chosen, the special group of Elves responsible for the protection and care of the ancient Ellcrys tree. But unlike the rest of the Chosen, Amberle’s dangerous and heroic journey is just beginning.

'THE QUEEN' HISTORICAL SERIES
CLAIRE FOY TO WEAR THE BRITISH CROWN?
Yesterday I showed you the first poster for MARCO POLO, and now another Netflix series is progressing on: they have officially ordered THE QUEEN historical series for a ten episode season. The bad news, at least for me, is that Claire Foy (I've found her irritating in UPSTAIRS DOWNSTAIRS and in CROSSBONES) has been rumoured for the lead role! To air in 2016 this extremely expensive $100 million worth series would follow the life of British monarch queen Elizabeth II from her youth to her later years describing her political life and her relationships with all the prime ministers. Claire Foy might play her in the first season which would follow a 25-year-old Elizabeth taking over the throne and forging a relationship with Winston Churchill. Each of the following seasons would explore a different decade in her reign with all the intrigues, love lives and machinations behind the great events that shaped the second half of the 20th century! Older actresses will take the lead in other seasons.

'SONG ONE' TRAILER
ANNE HATHAWAY GOES ROMANTIC
With all the epic news we had yesterday, I didn't get to show you the first trailer for Anne Hathaway's new romantic drama SONG ONE which arrives next January! She plays Franny, whose musician brother Henry (Ben Rosenfield) is injured and hospitalized in a coma following a car accident. Franny returns home after a long estrangement and begins to use his notebook as a guide to how his life has evolved in her absence. Franny seeks out the musicians and artists Henry loved, in the course of her journey meeting James Forester (Johnny Flynn), his musical idol, whose success and fame belie a shy and private man. As a strong romantic connection develops between Franny and James, the question becomes if love can bloom even under the most adverse circumstances.

23 comments:

  1. I hate the fact that MTV is producing Shannara. Instead of the epic, imaginative saga we deserve, I'm afraid we're going to get a bunch of teen angst and style over substance. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everybody is hating that fact :) Me included! Hope they don't put Nicky Minaj to play a queen in it LOL I'm not entirely sure how and who sold the rights to MTV

      Delete
  2. Oooh! An elven princess! Me likey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would enjoy SONG ONE. There's no car cashes, or things being blown up. Makes a change.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Song One" looks really good. I lurves me some Anne Hathaway and she looks extra fab without makeup!

    I must tell My Rare One about the upcoming Netflix series on "The Queen." She is absolutely nutso for the Royal Family. I can take them or leave them but she watches every goddamn documentary and special on TV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure she has no makeup in that one :)

      She will wait for a long time,since the series will be out in two years

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I'm sure you're right but she does look unmade-up in some of those hospital room scenes. Hey, leave me my fantasies, LOL! I love women without makeup.

      Delete
    3. most of the Hollywood celebs would not be recognised if we were to meet them at the streets without make up :) I nearly screamed a few days ago when I saw Jennifer Love Hewit without make up! Tha horror!

      Delete
  5. Never imagine you post about an elven princess and it wasn't about the Hobbit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One saga is almost over, time to start a new one.....

      Delete
  6. Shannara - that's one stunning retro 1930's gown! $$$
    To me Claire Foy doesn't work - IDK - can't put my finger on the issue I have with her.
    Song One - I hope they let the brother wake up in time to meet his idol. We'll see.
    Kendi song is nice but I like the "Oh Oh" song better!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't find any decent pics of Poppy so I had to use that one which is from a last year period set TV series, forgot the title....
      Methinks, there is something cold and artificial in Claire.
      I too like OH OH better, but this one has a better video :)

      Delete
  7. I miss good romantic comedies. Movies like Song One--yawn. So much angst in romance now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too, romcoms are the best of movies! Nothing can make you feel better than a good romcom or a sitcom. My absolute fave is SIMPLY IRRESISTIBLE with Sean Patrick Flannery, Patricia Clarkson and Sarah Michelle Gellar

      Delete
  8. I do like Anne Hathaway, but I am not sure I was digging that trailer for Song One. Seems a little too boring. Would be good to induce and afternoon nap though ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, too grey in tone and missing a spark, and maybe a chemistry between Anne and her partner ... but then again she has chemistry with no one :)

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.