Wednesday, January 11, 2012

GREAT TRAILER FOR "BIRDSONG" WW1 SERIES WITH EDDIE REDMAYNE & MATTHEW GOODE! JUDE LAW, BLAKE LIVELY & CHANNING TATUM IN "THE SIDE EFFECTS"! "STAR WARS UNDERWORLD" TV SHOW! "A DISCOVERY OF WITCHES" MOVIE!

Well, I'm not sure about the story, but I do love the cast: "MovieWeb" reports that Steven Soderbergh's THE SIDE EFFECTS, has signed on Blake Lively, Jude Law and Channing Tatum. The story centers
on Emily Hawkins(Blake Lively), a young woman who becomes dependent on prescription drugs out of fear that her husband (Channing Tatum) will be released from prison soon. Jude Law will play Emily's new therapist. The bad news is that the script is being written by the scribe of CONTAGION. According to "Variety", BRIDESMAIDS director Paul Feig and the screenwriters of GILMORE GIRLS are working on THE BETTER WOMAN, centering on a successful young executive who gets dumped by her boyfriend for an older woman. She becomes friends with the older woman to find out why her boyfriend left her, and reinvents herself along the way.

HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
As I mentioned numerous times before, STAR WARS live action TV series has been planned for years now, and one of the reasons it still hasn't got into production is the price of the special effects.
It has been put on hold for three years, but it doesn't mean it doesn't have a working title: according to IGN, the title of the show is STAR WARS UNDERWORLD. It will be set between REVENGE OF THE SITH and A NEW HOPE and will follow some of the less known characters among criminals and galactic gangs. Warner Bros. is planning a film adapation of Deborah Harkness novel A DISCOVERY OF WITCHES which centers on a witch who accidentally unlocks a magical manuscript, and finds herself trying to prevent an imminent war with the vampires.The biopic on Grace Kelly GRACE OF MONACO, which I mentioned last year, has just got Olivier Dahan as the helmer. He is known for famous LA VIE EN ROSE.

You know how much we love young Eddie Redmayne (MY WEEK WITH MARILYN, PILLARS OF THE EARTH) and BBC has just released
an amazing first trailer for their epic mini series BIRDSONG which should be aired this spring. Eddie and Clemence Poesy (HARRY PLOPPER, GUNPOWDER, TREASON AND PLOT) star as the passionate young lovers Stephen and Isabelle, brought together by love and torn apart by the First World War, in this TV adaptation of Sebastian Faulks’s novel. Adapted by Bafta award-winning Abi Morgan (THE HOUR, IRON LADY), the two part series  will span the decade of the First World War, telling the story of Stephen Wraysford, a young Englishman who, in 1910, arrives in Amiens, Northern France,
to stay with the Azaire family and falls desperately in love with Isabelle Azaire.They begin an illicit and all-consuming affair, with huge consequences for them both. Years later in 1916, Stephen finds himself serving on the Western Front in the very area where he experienced his great love. As he battles amidst the horror of the trenches he meets Jack Firebrace, a tunneller who unexpectedly helps him endure the ravages of war and enables him to make peace with his feelings for Isabelle, who he is destined to meet again. The cast also includes amazing Matthew Goode as Captain Gray.

42 comments:

  1. I want to be more excited about a star wars tv show, but I fear I'm not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, it does smell fishy so far :) I mean, if you are making a STAR WARS show, who wants to watch gangs and criminals in it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not much for me to get excited about today, but I'm watching your new poll with interest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Dezzy who's your least favorite actor for me I'd have to say its Adam Sandler he can turn a potentially good movie into utter garbage. Like the movie click I swear that movie could have been great if they didn't put that scum bag of an actor in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You no likey, Eddie Redmayne's mini series, Luanne?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Baur
    not a fan of Sandler myself :) My least favourite actors would probably be Leo Di Caprio, Robert Downey Jr, Sean Penn, Al Pacino, Denzel Washington and similar

    @Gloria
    it is lovely, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Er, maybe if it starred someone else. Afraid he doesn't do much for me. *ducks and runs*

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm gonna catch you, you know, you can run and duck, it doesn't help :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am utterly enamored of Birdsong and Eddie Redmayne looks spectacular in it. I hope I get to see it here on BBC America. Otherwise, I'll have to wait for DVD.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also hope that Americans will get the chance to watch it, Melsy!
    If it is any consolation, I have no BBC at all :) But there are ways ... :))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Star Wars has been done to death, it needs to die already. That's all Lucas can do, a one hit wonder, milking it for all it's worth. After those crappy prequels, don't care if this every comes off.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved Pillars of The Earth and the biopic of Grace Kelly looks good. The Jude Law film I'm not interested in. Since Twilight everyone is doing vampires.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The trailer is pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I personally loved Contagion, but it seems like a lot of people didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I didn't realise that Discovery of Witches had vampires in it. I might give it a look see.

    I'm in two minds about the Star Wars series. There's not exactly been a track record of good released with Team Lucas recently ...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Birdsong looks great, I will be looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Side Effects looks a bit of me!! Apart form Blake though, can't stand her!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Star Wars TV series, I'd watch that....

    ReplyDelete
  19. Eddie Redmayne is the next big thing... I loved him in Pillars and thought he was great in Black Death... MORE MEDIEVAL FILMS EDDIE!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for posting the Birdsong trailer Dezz. I do hope we get to see it in the US. Looks like a wonderful cast. I've never read the novel but I know it has won many awards and mentioned as a favorite by many.

    ReplyDelete
  21. @Pat
    there, there, don't be ever so grumpy, Pat you naughty Cat, hope I will have some grumpiless news for you tomorrow :)

    @Anne
    PILLARS had some amazing young actors from David Oakes, to Sam Claflin and Eddie Redmayne. Vampires should really coffin themselves up!

    ReplyDelete
  22. @Interwebs
    it really is :)

    @Dirty
    thanks for stopping by

    @Jamie
    yep, he needs something big to redeem himself

    ReplyDelete
  23. @Rgers
    glad you like it :)

    @Scott
    don't like Blake? You in which way? You're on drugs? Afraid of your wife? :))))

    @Lurk
    if it happens in our lifetime :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. @Armada
    I always forget that he was great in BLACK DEATH too, we love him in historical programmes

    @Fabo
    be welcome, I thought you might like this one, it seems very nice. You remember that I recently worked on Sebastian Faulks' novel ONE WEEK IN DECEMBER. It wasn't the best of novels, but he sometimes has a talent for describing characters and getting under their skin.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This month’s Haywire marks the first of two collaborations between Steven Soderbergh and Channing Tatum

    ReplyDelete
  26. looks awesome will be checking this one out :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for the Star Wars news.

    ReplyDelete
  28. The Better Woman sounds exactly like the kind of movie my girlfriend would love.

    Need to take her to see that movie as soon as it comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Birdsong is one of the most affecting novels I've read - I hope the series does it justice.

    ReplyDelete
  30. @Peeps
    third actually :) He is also directing Channing's MAGIC MIKE which premieres this summer :)

    @Zap
    glad you think so :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. @Josh
    be welcome :)

    @Dwei
    I will watch it too LOL

    @Michael
    it is? I didn't like his CHARLOTE GRAY nor ONE WEEK IN DECEMBER, is it better than those two?

    ReplyDelete
  32. The Side Effects movie does have an appealing cast!

    And I am sure whenever the Star Wars series is on, our family will be watching it. We had the new blue Ray Star Wars movies playing all last weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  33. yep, I reckon everybody will watch STAR WARS show, if it ever happens off course :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Birdsong looks great. I don't like war movies but the love story does attract me.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oooh Birdsong looks so good! Darn it, I'd have to wait a while before I can see it. Eddie and Matthew are two hot Brits, definitely a must-see. Thanks Dezzy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you know I couldn't miss a programme starring two of my fave Brit boys Eddie and Goode :)

      Delete
  36. ohmygoodness! i saw eddie redmayne in a movie just the other day- called something like THE YELLOW HANDKERCHIEF or something- and he was absolutely phenomenal in it. looking forward to his new project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you know that he is one of HOLLYWOOD SPY's favourite and most beloved young stars, especially the Brit ones! And seeing him and Matthew Goode in the same film is just overwhelming :) Kinda like seeing Blanchett, Luke and Lee together in THE HOBBIT :)

      Delete
  37. Why does Birdsong remind me of atonement? :) it's looking good maybe I should read the book - not that Eddie can do ANYTHING wrong of course!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they're covering similar historical period :) I didn;t like ATONEMENT. Although the story was promising and huge, the direction was bad and Keira's acting atrocious. McAvoy was the only true pearl in it.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.