Wednesday, December 7, 2011

SCARY 2ND TRAILERS FOR LIAM NEESON'S "THE GREY" & "THE RAVEN" WITH LUKE EVANS & JOHN CUSACK! TREND OF BIBLE FILMS IN HOLLYWOOD: "CHRIST THE LORD: OUT OF EGYPT"

 I've got 2 trailers for you today, the 1st one is a new British trailer for period thriller THE RAVEN. Shot last winter in Serbia, the gritty thriller starts when a mother and daughter are found brutally murdered in 19th century Baltimore, and detective Emmett Fields
(Luke Evans) makes a startling discovery: the crime resembles a fictional murder described in gory detail in the local newspaper– part of a collection of stories penned by struggling writer and social pariah Edgar Allan Poe (John Cusack). But even as Poe is questioned by police, another grisly murder occurs, also inspired
by a popular Poe story. Realizing a serial killer is on the loose using Poe’s writings as the backdrop for his bloody rampage, Fields enlists the author’s help in stopping the attacks. But when it appears Poe's fiancee (Alice Eve) may become the murderer’s next victim, the stakes become even higher and the inventor of the detective story calls on his own powers of deduction to try to solve the case before it’s too late. The film premieres next March.

 HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
Have you noticed the almost crazy trend of upcoming Biblical films in Hollywood? Preparing for production we already have Moses epic GODS AND KINGS at Warner Bros, Darren Aronofsky's epic on NOAH, then two films on King David  DAY OF WAR  and GOLIATH with Dwayne Johnson and Taylor Lautner, UNHOLY NIGHT on the 3 Wisemen, crazy Mel Gibson is making his own epic JUDAH MACCABEE, and there's also MARY MOTHER OF CHRIST with Camilla Belle, Jonathan Rhys Meyers and Wentworth Miller. And Alex Proyas and
Bradley Cooper are making PARADISE LOST action packed epic. I'm sure I missed to name a few. Now, the new one in this long list is CHRIST THE LORD: OUT OF EGYPT (what a clumsy title). According to "Variety" Chris Columbus has just bought movie rights on this book by Anne Rice which follows Jesus Christ at seven years of age as he travels from Egypt to Nazareth in search of his true purpose in life. They want to make a cinematic classic for all ages out of this one.

And the 2nd clip I have for you today is the second trailer for ultra exciting and rather frightening action thriller THE GREY in which Liam Neeson,
in the lead role, leads a team of oil drillers who survive a plane crash and fall in the middle of a snow covered mountain only to find themselves stuck in a blizzard with a pack of hungry beasts on their trail. Battling mortal injuries and merciless weather, the survivors have only a few days to escape the icy elements – and a vicious pack of rogue wolves on the hunt – before their time runs out. Premiering this January (what a wonderful time for the film), the film also stars Dermot Mulroney and James Badge Dale and one of them gets devoured by the crazed wolves, but you will have to watch the film to see which one exactly.

42 comments:

  1. well, with Luke Evans it has to :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is something exceptionally unsettling about a murderer taking inspiration from a writer's work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. no kidding :) Hope you will never be anyone's inspiration in that way, Lyndy :(
    And glad you like the winter wonderland at HOLLYWOOD SPY :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two great clips. The Grey looks especially scary. Falling from the sky and ending up as some animal's prey? Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Raven looks absolutely incredible. I love Luke Evans and adore John Cusack. IT's going to be great.

    Alas, The Grey looks like a typical Man vs. Nature flick. Boys always get to have the big survival adventures. Why couldn't this be women? It would have made for a stroke of genius, but then again Hollywood thinks the only survival stories for women are from the delivery room and the sick room. ;))

    90 percent of those Bible flicks sound dreadful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Almost always like John Cusack movies, forgetting a few. So hopefully it won't be a forgetting one. Yeah I did notice all the biblical movies coming too. Maybe that's what the mayans meant. Come the end of 2012 will have to suffer through biblical movies now...haha..suppose it beats remakes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to like the movie about Mr. Poe. I want to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Poe one looks really intriguing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, nice promo photo of JC himself. Did his agent provide it to you?

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Raven seems to be an interesting one!! would love to watch it.. The Grey's plot reminds me of this movie where 4 teenagers get stuck in a rink on a snowy night..am forgetting the name of the movie but it had all these elements - cold, bears..etc... hope it gives little different angle... thanks for this post!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. At first I thought The Grey was going to be something in a similar vein to The THing, but I like the classic survival aspect to it.

    Anne Rice wrote that?! And there are no sexualised vampires in it? I'm shocked, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm interested to see how the Raven turns out. I certainly would have preferred watching that back in High School rather than reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am very drawn to The Raven. Although the accents may well put me off!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Raven and John Cusack is the one for me!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Luanne
    you know, if I ended up in such situation I would love to have you with me, dahling, I have a feeling the sheriff in you knows how to deal with snowy mountains and angry beasts ;)

    @Melsy
    he he well, when we see Mel Gibson in a delivery room adventure we shall see some lady in survival adventure too :))) Just joking :)

    @Galaxia
    it sure does :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Pat
    as an atheist, I will fully agree with you on this one, Pat the Cat! Especially when Biblical films are done by Mel Gibson

    @Libby
    but you don't?

    @Jemi
    it does :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Debra
    how did you know? I had to address the heavenly office to get the pic :)

    @Flying
    yep, there were a lot of such films before. I've recently watched a horrid one with a bunch of college students who crash on some snow mountain and get eaten by some horrid Yeti.

    @Jamie
    I'm shocked too :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. the raven looks excellent... though i think i'll need the hubs next to me to watch it! scary!!!!

    and the grey had me at its title. grey is my favorite color, and one of my favorite words. i don't know why, but it is my sammy's middle name! :)

    i always get really nervous when people make movies out of twisting faiths...

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Dwei
    he he :)

    @Scott
    I must watch the trailer again, I haven't even noticed the accent :) Although Luke's accent is always a heavenly nectar for my ears

    @Lurk
    I knew it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Vics
    it is very scary :)
    I love Grey as a name too :) Lady Jane Grey is one of my fav historical figures from British history :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, anticipation for The Raven hots up...can't wait for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The Grey looks great...but I'm not sure about all of those biblical movies. It's nice to see Dermot Mulroney around again! I always liked his crooked, skeptical good looks.

    Michele
    SouthernCityMysteries

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dermot is kinda having a revival currently, alongside many other B-league actors from the 90's, like Dylan McDermott for example.

    ReplyDelete
  24. @Dan
    nice to see you excited, Dan :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm a huge Edgar Allen Poe fan, so I think I'll have to see that one. Although I'm not sure Cussack can pull it off. I could be wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm a big Poe fan--this film could be interesting.

    I'm also happy to see more films based on the Bible, but I hope they do it right. I especially like the Noah story--haven't seen a good Noah movie yet.


    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  27. Some freaky stuff. I don't care too much about the religious stuff but the others look interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Off the grid for a while, I've missed my Dezmond fix...

    Poe... I love the entwining of the literary into movies. Great news.

    ReplyDelete
  29. OOo I loved him in Taken...not so much in Unknown. Maybe I'll give it a shot. And thanks for the blog <3! I do try to be very rockstar ish on occasion :p

    ReplyDelete
  30. Personally I think Arnofsky's "Noah" has very good potential... I mean a period piece with a soundtrack by Clint Mansell??? Sounds frekin awesome to me!!! And I will take the hit here, but Mel Gibson making another period piece drama is cool with me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. @Ciara
    I think he will pull it off :) He looks very convincing already :)

    @Lee
    I'm not sure you will like this particular NOAH, Lee, but who knows? It is supposed to be a very dark and grim epic, probably not much related to the Bible

    @Clarissa
    agreed :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. @Robert
    missed you too :)
    glad you like the news today!

    @Kelley
    he he be welcome :)

    @Armada
    I shall tell Mel you think it's cool :)
    NOAH will be fine with me if they really hire Fassbender for the lead role :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. I'm curious about The Raven because of Luke, Dezzy, but too bad it won't open 'til next Spring! I'd think it's better to open in the Winter season here, oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Of course if you were to ask me, then Sean Bean would be front runner for "Noah";) It's cool even my wife knows he is my man-crush... Were all allowed one... lol thanks for following btw!

    ReplyDelete
  35. @Flixy
    yep, what's with that date for premiere?
    But I like my Luke in winter, in spring, anytime :)

    @Armada
    well, if Noah dies, than Sean can play him, since he plays only dying men :) And you should return the following, that's the custom :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Both movies are SO my kind of movie!! Thank you for sharing those trailer Dezz.

    Bring on more thrilling movies!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. i want to watch that cant wait BTW thanks

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.