Monday, December 5, 2011

GREAT CHARACTER POSTERS FOR "JOURNEY 2: THE MYSTERIOUS ISLAND"! "DAUGHTER OF SMOKE & BONE" FILM ADAPTATION! "UNHOLY NIGHT" EPIC ON THREE WISEMEN! MARION COTILLARD IS MORGANA IN "ARTHUR & LANCELOT"?

Good news of the day is that Marion Cotillard has apparently been offered the role of Morgana, Arthur's evil half-sister who
deals with magic plotting to take over the throne of Camelot, in the upcoming epic with a new twist ARTHUR & LANCELOT in which Kit Harington from GAME OF THRONES plays the king and Joel Kinnaman from THE KILLING plays his first knight while Gary Oldman could possibly play the role of the wise wizard Merlin. Hopefully, Cotillard will bring more sensuality and beauty to the role of Morgana after Eva Green basically raped the character in highly unsuccessful CAMELOT show portraying her as a wild psycho with morbid one-dimensional facial expressions and nothing much else.

HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
 Writer Seth Graham Smith doesn't really have luck with the doomed film adaptation of his PRIDE & PREJUDICE & ZOMBIES, but
according to "MovieWeb" he has sold movie rights on his other book UNHOLY NIGHT which brings a new spin to yet another Biblical story to be turned into a film in the recent future. The story of the novel apparently puts a new innovative twist to the timeless Three Wisemen of the Nativity giving it an action adventure tone. But if you prefer action to Bible, there's PAWN, an action film which premieres in 2013 and revolves around petty robbery which spirals into a tense hostage situation after three gunmen hold up a diner that's a front for the mob. The interesting cast includes Michael Chiklis, Sean Faris, Forest Whitaker, Nikki Redd and Ray Liotta. You know I'm strongly opposed to modern YA books which usually
present horrid and dangerous messages to kids, but Hollywood obviously doesn't mind, and the latest in the long list of such novels to get a film adaptation will be DAUGHTER OF SMOKE AND BONE by Laini Taylor. Paramount wants to make a lavish franchise out of this story which centers on Karou, a 17-year-old girl who is sent across the world by her wicked father to collect human teeth, for unexplained reasons. When she meets an angel named Akiva in Marrakesh, Karou comes to learn the true nature of her family and the creatures that are not of this world which fill up her sketchbook.

We've recently had the pleasure of seeing the first, rather exciting and beautiful trailer for JOURNEY 2: THE MYSTERIOUS ISLAND, the sequel to the famous blockbuster which hits cinemas next February . Today, I have four absolutely brilliant and beautiful character posters for the film which begins when young
adventurer Sean (Josh Hutcherson) receives a coded distress signal from his grandfather (Michael Caine) from a mysterious island where no island should exist - a place of strange life forms, mountains of gold, deadly volcanoes, and more than one astonishing secret. Unable to stop him from going, Sean's new
stepfather (Dwayne Johnson) joins the quest. Together with a helicopter pilot (Luis Guzman) and his beautiful, strong-willed daughter (Vanessa Hudgens), they set out to find the island, rescue its lone inhabitant and escape before seismic shockwaves force the island under the sea and bury its treasures forever.

33 comments:

  1. Wow, the popularity of Smoke and Bone is pretty meteoric. Well done to Laini for getting the rights :)

    I wasn't a fan of Journey 1, so I'm dubious about the sequel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so, it's a popular book? I'm sure teens will love the film too, then.
    When it comes to Journey, I think such films are always needed for all the good people who have kids and families and need such nice films to take them to. I'm only a bit anxious about Brendan Fraser not being in the sequel, although Rock is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found the first Journey just wasn't that good, I'm all for kids movies. But many kids movies of late are just so dumbed down I don't even know how kids enjoy the things. And The Rock hahaha he just makes it that much more scarier. But I guess if Goerge of the Jungle can do it, maybe the Toothfairy can too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that's so exciting for Laini!! I've been hearing SO much about her book, I guess I absolutely have to read it now.

    Love the winter makeover your blog got, Dezz :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never heard of Journey 1 before, but that clip of the sequel was pretty funny. Like The Rock's peck action. :)

    And how did you make it snow on your blog!?! That's so cool. Though I'm already tired of the snow in real life. It's snowed three days in a row here. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. so pretty here! love the flakes! both still and falling!
    and the journey 2 posters are pretty cool! never saw the first one, but the hubs and the kids liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really need to get around to reading The Game of Thrones...

    Also, too bad about Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. I really liked the book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another movie of Arthur. Which one do you think is the best Arthur-related movie, Dezz?
    The casts for this Arthur are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Journey 2 might be worth watching, it seems a little bit interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My gosh JOURNEY 2 looks awful

    I am loving the snowy theme Dezzy. I too have installed the snow plug in to FRC for some festive fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have no kids so I have no excuse for going to see Journey 2...... unless I hire some?

    ReplyDelete
  12. LMAO on your comment about Eva's interpretation of Morgana. I agree. I'm sure Marion will do a far superior job. Journey 2 is one I will end up taking my nephew to see. He loved the first.

    The snow is adorable on you Dezz. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Pat
    oh, Pat, you naughty cat, stop mocking my Rock or I will personally rock you and your naughty rhyming as.... :)

    @Kristin
    oh, thanks for liking the winter theme :) I wasn't sure people will like it, so I'm overwhelmed today with positive reactions :) It will be up till Christmas layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Luanne
    ah, you naughty, you, you've noticed the peck action ;)))) One of the biggest reasons to watch the film :)
    When it comes to snow, you know Dezzy, as an Elven creature, has connection with North Pole :) Send me an e-mail if you want me to explain you the falling snow HTML :)
    And I haven't seen real snow yet, this year :( We are just having rain today and it's pitch dark even though it's just 2PM :(

    @Vics
    thanks, dahling, it means a lot to me that you like the new winter tale layout :)
    And your hubs and kiddos are right, the film wasn't amazing, but it was very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  15. @DWei
    you should watch GAME OF THRONES, DWei, it was a nice show, not perfect, but nice.

    @Novia
    ah, it's a tough question. I didn't like KING ARTHUR, Owen was bad in the lead role and Knightley was atrocious as always, but it had amazing supporting cast and one of the best music scores ever (Especially BREAK THE ICE song by my dear Moya Brennan).
    EXCALIBUR was a bit too weird for me. FIRST KNIGHT had horrid cast (Except Sean Connery). I love MERLIN which is aired at BBC.

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Rgers
    it will be a nice film :)

    @Scott
    ah, please, Scottie, it's a film for us kids, not for you adults, anyway :)
    Blogger doesn't have the snow plugging like WordPress so I have to use HTML code. I've set the trend with the falling snow two years ago, and people loved it, so I'm bringing my sexy snow back :))))

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Lurk
    you can hire me, I can play a kid, we can negotiate the price :)

    @Melsy
    well, I was right, wasn't I? :))
    Glad you like the snowflakes, do you like my new trendy blue outfit too? Me is gorgeous in it, yes? :)))

    ReplyDelete
  18. i'm ashamed to say Dez, that I'm yet to see the first Journey, though my little nephew keeps banging on about it. I might have to see if it's on Sky Anytime today and give it a whirl.

    ReplyDelete
  19. watch it with the little kiddo, Dempsey! It's a nice adventure for the little ones

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Dezzy,

    unlike that mutt Demos, I have watched the Journey and can not wait until the sequel, I'm a big kid at heart and them sort of movies are right up my alley.

    Really good to see you defending your Gossip and Gold title this year, wishing you all the best of luck as always gorgous

    CJ x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wait! Did I miss something? What happened to P & P & Zombies?
    I am starting to get tired of movies with a number after them, but maybe if I'm not familiar with the first Journey #2 might be okay.


    Lee
    Dealing with adoption
    Wrote By Rote

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh, that Marion Cotillard is so beautiful. She was actually the inspiration for a secondary character in one of the first books I wrote.

    As for DOS&B, wow. I gotta tell ya, Dezzy, I was shocked--SHOCKED--by how much I loved that book. But I've already confessed, I'm a sucker for a good Romeo & Juliet tale. And that's basically what it is.

    Not sure how a movie version will fare w/all the fantasy elements involved, but we'll see. Super-congrats to Taylor! (Oh, and also love the snowflakes~ :o)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wait, what was Journey 1? I like the sound of Daughter of Smoke and Bone.

    ReplyDelete
  24. @Christian
    as you know I'm really not in the mood for arena this year, but Demps promised me I will meet some gladiators there... so .... And what are you doing here you... heartbreaker... you....

    @Arlee
    they can't find the lead actress, so if you are in the mood of putting on a wig and your blanky, Lee :)) you might audition maybe and save the day? ;P

    ReplyDelete
  25. @Leigh
    yep, she is rather cute :) Glad you like the snowflakes :)

    @Southpaw
    they traveled to the middle of the Earth, Josh Hutcherson and Brendan Frazer :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Excellent casting of Marion as Morgana.

    ReplyDelete
  27. she still didn't get the role, but apparently she might :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Game of Thrones was my favorite show last season. LOVED it. I'm excited to see this new Merlin interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Journey 2 does look like fun and the posters are cool.

    I'm a bit bored of arthur adaptations though.

    ReplyDelete
  30. @Ciara
    it was a nice show, hope it will be even better next year with the dragon queen :)

    @Lyndy
    posters are great, aren't they :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Yes the blue is just stunning on you my darling. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Seems like there are endless supply of Camelot films in TV and movies! I kind of see Marion more as Guinevere but no matter, she is bewitchingly beautiful!

    I saw that Journey 2 trailer in front of HUGO, Dwayne is such a hoot in it but it's not really my kind of movie.

    ReplyDelete
  33. @Melsy
    me is pretty :))

    @Flixy
    you, know, nobody has mentioned Guinevere in ARTHUR AND LANCELOT so far, I hope they will have that character with some nice blonde in the role :))

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.