Thursday, November 17, 2011

UTTERLY CHARMING TRAILERS FOR "THE PIRATES! BAND OF MISFITS" & TARSEM'S "MIRROR MIRROR" WITH JULIA ROBERTS & SEAN BEAN! ANGELINA JOLIE'S "CLEOPATRA" GETS A WRITER! SPIELBERG TO HELM "GODS AND KINGS" EPIC ON MOSES!

 I have two magnificent trailers for you today. First the 2nd clip for utterly delightful and positively charming animated comedy THE PIRATES!BAND OF MISFITS which will sail into cinemas
next March with Hugh Grant as the luxuriantly bearded Pirate Captain, a boundlessly enthusiastic, if somewhat less than successful, terror of the High Seas. With a rag-tag crew at his side (Martin Freeman, Brendan Gleeson, Russell Tovey), and seemingly blind to the impossible odds stacked against him, the Captain has one dream: to beat his bitter rivals Black Bellamy (Jeremy Piven) and Cutlass Liz (Salma Hayek) to the much coveted Pirate Of The Year Award. It's a quest that takes our heroes from the shores of exotic Blood Island to the foggy streets of Victorian London. Along the way they battle a diabolical queen (I adore Imelda Staunton in this one) and team up with a haplessly smitten young scientist (David Tennant), but never lose sight of what a pirate loves best: adventure!

HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
When it comes to epic news today, some time ago I've mentioned that Warner Bros. is preparing an epic on Moses, from his birth to his death, GODS AND KINGS, and "MovieWeb" reports that
Steven Spielberg has formally entered negotiations for helming the movie. The film is scheduled for 2014. Another eagerly awaited epic is Angelina Jolie's CLEOPATRA, and the last update from "Variety" is that it has just got itself a writer - Eric Roth from THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON. Based on the book CLEOPATRA: A LIFE, the film will tell the Egyptian Pharaoh's tale from a woman's perspective, portraying her as a cunning strategist and politician. Meanwhile horror epic I, FRANKENSTEIN in which Aaron Eckhart will play Frankenstein, who is hunted down by a clan of demons who want to learn his secret in order to reanimate deceased demons to start a new army, now has Bill Nighy as a demon prince. Fascinating.

After we've seen the grim trailer for SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN a few days ago, we didn't wait for too long to see the trailer for rival project MIRROR MIRROR. The brilliant 1st trailer for Tarsem's version of the famous tale is the main piece of news today around the Net and it's absolutely enchanting, totally
irresistible bringing charming humor, mind blowing sets and stunningly magnificent costumes, if you can, off course, neglect Julia Roberts horrid acting. Starring Lily Collins as Snow White, Julia Roberts as the Evil Queen, Armie Hammer as the prince, Sean Bean as the king, and Nathan Lane as the Queen's servant, the film hits theaters next March with a new look on the fairy tale in
which a wicked enchantress schemes and scrambles for control of a spirited orphan’s throne and the attention of a charming prince. When Snow White’s beauty wins the heart of the prince that she desperately pursues, the Queen banishes her to the forest, where a ravening man-eating beast hungrily awaits. Rescued by a band of diminutive highway robbers, Snow White grows into an indomitable young woman determined to take back her realm from the treacherous Queen. With the support of her subjects, she roars into action in an epic battle that blends spectacle, magic and contemporary humor in Singh’s signature, jaw-dropping visual style. Click to read our exclusive spotlight on the film.

36 comments:

  1. Jolie would make a good Cleopatra

    ReplyDelete
  2. probably, although I'd prefer Catherine Zeta Jones

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Pirates really does kick some booty. :)) I'm a fan of Wallace and Gromit, so I think I'll really enjoy this one.

    And you are so right, Julia Roberts is the weak link in this Snow White version. Really wish they'd found someone a little quirkier for the part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost died laughing while watching all the crazy details in PIRATES trailer :)
    Yep, I knew she's a bad choice, although she is naturally evil, bad she is just a bad actress and the trailer shows it, but I did love the rest of the trailer though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha Pirates looks like it will be a really good one. Seems to be the way most of the time these days, animated ones are always better, most of the time. I lost all faith in Spielberg long ago, so don't really care about him anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's because in this time of darkness and negativity, animated movies are the only one positive, heart warming and ethical.
    Yep, I've lost fate in Spielberg too, but I'm waiting to see WAR HORSE next month to give my final verdict on him :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Mirror, Mirror is going to be so funny. Great trailers today.

    Mason
    Thoughts in Progress
    Freelance Editing By Mason

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to drag my whole family to The Pirates...they'll thank me :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. EEEEEEK!!!! mirror mirror looks SO GOOD!
    rub my tummy!!!
    HAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!
    and sooo pretty! and it looks like they'll be unexpected jokes. and maybe they'll kill off julia in the end and we'll all cheer!!! oops i mean the "wicked queen"... awww who are we kidding, they're one in the same. :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Tarsem's use of color. Doesn't Julia Roberts make a great evil witch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the trailers for Mirror, Mirror and Pirates. Both are high on my list to see. It strikes me that both Snows have glaring weak links. K-Stew is the weakest part of the other film. She's over-matched by Charlize and Chris big time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Aardman Pirates movie is going to be awesome! It's a shame that the studio is going to leave the UK, but hopefully they'll carry on making quality movies like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Despite the "bad acting" comment on Julia Roberts' part, I'm intrigued by the trailer. I like the idea of pretty girl Julia being on the opposite side of the beauty mirror. It works for me.

    You also have to take into consideration the collective audience age. I think this is one I could watch with my YA enthusiast daughter, but wouldn't go near all by myself.

    .......dhole

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmm, after watching the trailer for Mirror Mirror, I feel like I've seen the whole thing already.

    Pirates looks wonderful and fun. So looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That pirate movie might look interesting to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm starting to like animation a lot more, Pirates fits the bill very well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pirates for the WIN!!!

    I love the look of that. Can't wait to see it

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Mason
    yep, we had a lovely weeks when it comes to trailers after a very long dry period.

    @Lizzy
    they sure will, Lizzy, you can take them to both films and they will thank you I'm sure :)

    @Vics
    isn't it pretty, I just couldn't stop watching it it has so many lavish details which pass on quickly in the trailer. I think we will be unable to blink while watching the whole film :) A I hope so too for Julia 3:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Budd
    Tarsem was always a king of colours and stunning visuals :)

    @Melsy
    they are brilliant aren't they? I've noticed that last night too at one of our fellow bloggers' site - MIRROR MIRROR has horrid Julia and HUNTSMAN has horrid Stewart. I will never understand why didn't Charlize play in Tarsem's film and Julia in the other one. I'd also switch Claflin for Armie :)

    @Jamie
    they always make delightful films, hope the Brits won't get too angry on their vision of Queen Victoria :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Donna
    that is why I think MIRROR MIRROR will be more successful - it's more fairy talish and everybody will be able to watch it, both the kids and the parents, the old and the young.

    @Lyndy
    the trailer does show a lot!

    @Rgers
    it will be a hilarious movie

    ReplyDelete
  21. @Lurk
    animated films are becoming the best ones out there

    @Scott
    he he isn't it just wonderfully delightful? I keep rewatching it and I can't stop laughing :) So many hilarious details in it

    ReplyDelete
  22. As far as Cleopatra goes, I'd take anyone over Angelina Jolie.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I tend to agree with you on that one, Joshy!

    ReplyDelete
  24. your post made me laugh today!!! if you see carefully ... amongst all the fairy and innocent posters angelina's photograph is quite a contrast!!! especially her expression! though as usual thank you so much for satiating the movie buff in me !

    ReplyDelete
  25. Okay, I'm confused ... isn't there another snow white film coming out with Charlize Theron and that girl that was in the Twilight films? Why are two coming out at once. So weird ...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Don't be dissing my Julia. Love her. Both trailers were extra good today, Dezzy.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Julia seems to be a really good evil queen

    ReplyDelete
  28. @Flying
    I've chosen that pic because it's blue :)

    @Jessica
    where have you been, Jessica? There are two projects and the third one planned as well

    ReplyDelete
  29. @Michael
    don't know what you see in her :P
    Glad you liked the trailer today!

    @Tony
    she does?

    ReplyDelete
  30. omg! Well, first, I was already looking forward to Pirates! But that Mirror Mirror looks too awesome! Julia Roberts is a hoot! Can't wait for that. Thanks, D~ :o) <3

    ReplyDelete
  31. Bit slow off the mark commenting BUT love the look of that 'Pirates' movie - it sounds hilarious, gotta see it. The combo of stopshot clay animation and CGI looks a visual feast and tickles the funnybone at the same time.

    Cheers,
    Doc

    ReplyDelete
  32. it will be a jolly good pirate film :) I hate PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN so I'm expecting from this hoot of a film to bring me some seafaring fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. The trailer says it all :(
    However, I find the movie as something interesting and fun. I will watch it for sure...but in DVD.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.