Wednesday, August 25, 2010

SPIELBERG MAKING "LOCKE AND KEY" TV SHOW. COOL ADD FOR GUCCI WITH CHRIS EVANS & EVAN RACHEL WOOD. "THE HUMAN FACTOR" BRINGS 90'S AND 80'S STARS BACK

According to "Vulture", Steven Spielberg will make a huge TV show based on Joe Hill's "Locke & Key" comic series. Joe Hill is by the way, the son of famous Stephen King. "Locke & Key" is about three kids who end up watching over a secret spooky New England mansion filled with mystical doors that transport them to different worlds and give them special powers, like turning into a ghost.

I'm publishing this one just as an excuse to post the hot pics of the two sexy actors: Sean Patrick Flanery ("Boondock Saints") and Charisma Carpenter ("Buffy", "The Expendables") might star in "The Human Factor" about a newspaper reporter and a renegade police detective who are investigating the disappearance of homeless people in New York. The interesting thing is that the cast might include a whole bunch of 80's and 90's stars: Eric Roberts, Michael Madsen (who is also directing it), Tom Sizemore, Michael Dudikoff, Ben Cross, Luke Goss....


Now, here's something everybody has been talking around the Net in last few days: the cool new commercial for Gucci Guilty fragrance, directed by Frank Miller the writer of famous graphic novels which were (or will be) made into movies such as "300", "The Spirit", "Sin City", "Xerxes". The beautiful Gucci commercial stars our new Captain America Chris Evans and young Evan Rachel Wood.

David S.Goyer ("The Dark Knight", "Batman Begins") has sold film rights on his first novel "Heaven's Shadow" to Warner Bros. according to "Deadline New York". The story centers around a large object that looks to be headed towards Earth. The widespread panic leads to governments competing with each other to be the first to intercept the object, believed to be a meteor, before anyone else, which then leads to the discovery of an alien race that puts the human race in jeopardy.

23 comments:

  1. I wish my house had doors that would transport me to other realms and eras!

    I cant watch movies with meteors or storms that will destroy Earth (or movies with widespread disease or basically any end of the world movies) because I am a weirdo and turn off the TV and sit there and worried it might really happened. Told you, lol, I am overly sensitive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Avalon
    I would be your frequent visitor if your house had such facilities :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am 100% behind you on ANY reason to post pictures of Charisma Carpenter. In fact, I encourage it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Locke & Key comic is awesome, a very rich mythology with an original story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always like to see films about big things on a collision course with Earth. Aliens eh? Panic on Earth? Okay, I'll buy that.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  6. DEZMOND - LOL Where do you find these pics? I love Charisma. Glad she may be doing soemthing else. Now the Gucci Guilty commercial. Hello? They didn't show nearly enough of Chris Evans. If you hadn't said that's who was in it, I wouldn't have even been able to tell. Sheesh. Once again though - Loved the shoes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Y'know I think I've only seen one SPF (heh, his initial is the same for sunscreen, LOL) movie a long time ago called Powder. My, my, my, he definitely has come a long way since then in the looks department... soooo hunky! Perhaps I should revisit his other movies. Got any suggestion Dez? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. charisma seems like an upstanding member of society and the arts.
    the world is going to end is just a theme that hollywood can't get enough of. it must sell. still, that theme has to have a shelf life. or maybe not:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm, I haven't heard of half of the Human Factor people. Eric Roberts was recently on my soap opera (Young and the REstless) playing a lawyer for a few episodes.
    Cool ad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. On your favorite British actress poll, wondering why Kate Winslet isn't on it? Isn't she British?

    ReplyDelete
  11. @MJ
    ok, let me hear what are your means of encouragement, and I might think about it :)

    @Jaccsy
    it seems like something with a fanbase.

    @Arlee
    hope we won't be here when the collision finally happens.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Shells
    Yes, we should organize worldwide riots and mass protests against them not showing us enough of Chris Evans in that add!

    @Flixy
    yes, POWDERMAN was the one in which he showed his little wiener :) Well, if you remember, earlier this year in the top 10 of my favourite films, I've mentioned SIMPLY IRRESISTIBLE, a super cute and super magical movie with SPF. You must check it out. It's pure magic.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Ed
    maybe not :)

    @Kelly
    ah, you weren't paying attention at class, Missy :) Last week when I revealed this poll, I informed the nation that it will have three parts, so these are just first six Brit ladies, other two groups will come later on after we do the third part of your fav Brit gents poll :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Charisma is a good excuse.
    However, and this may seem odd, I'm just not into women with tattoos. I just like the beauty of natural skin.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey, Alex, you're late today, the beer got warm, the coffee got cold :)
    Yes, I'm with you on tattoos, it always seemed as a totally unintelligent thing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'll chime in on that issue. I don't like to see women or men with tattoos, especially when they are excessive and facial. Same goes with piercings. I don't get the trend but it's starting to creep me out.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh facial tattoos are really too much, limiting with craziness. Some tattoos can look good on some men (really artistic ones), but on women I also don't like to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Locke and Key sounds interesting, although I'm not familiar with the comic.

    I saw Charisma in "Legend of the Seeker" season 2 and she is starting age a bit. Is that mean? But also always seems to play the same person (whether good, bad or indifferent, she always seems to play herself). I liked her in buffy tho.

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow, i hadn't heard of evan rachel wood until yesterday when i netflixed a kid's movie she starred in. it must have been pretty old... because now she's doing stuff like this... it always throws me to see people age- like time went into fast-forward or something.

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Lynda
    yes, I also saw her in SEEKER and yes, it's true that she's aged a bit. She never really was much of an actress, but sometimes she can be real pretty.

    @Vics
    well she's been dating Marilyn Manson for years, so it must mean she's old enough these days :)))

    ReplyDelete
  21. you made me laugh. Yep, pretty can be important ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. That picture brightened my day.

    ReplyDelete
  23. @Lynda
    it's my goal to make people smile and chuckle while reading HOLLYWOOD SPY :)

    @James
    hey, James, I don't even have to guess which picture you have in mind :)) Welcome to HOLLYWOOD SPY, hope we'll be seeing you here often ;)

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.