Saturday, May 15, 2010

NBC CANCELLS "HEROES" AND "LAW & ORDER"

NBC has finally put an end to its once popular sf show "Heroes". The end of the fourth season has also brought the official cancellation of the show which had an extremely varied fan reception over the years. I personally watched the whole first season, but found the story too dragged out, slow and boring, so I said my goodbye to my dear Claire Bear and Sylar at that time.
Apparently NBC has been trying to find a way to give closure to the fans by adding a short final season, but according to "Live Feed" they've ultimately decided that it wasn't worth it. However, depending on the way the audience will react to this news, there's a possibility of two-hour or four-hour TV movie being added afterwards to finalize the series and say goodbye to all the characters in a proper way.
NBC has also decided to kill the historic series "Law & Order" after the end of its 20th season next week, but they have picked up "Law & Order Los Angeles" and there are still other L&O daughter-series on.

12 comments:

  1. Only the first season of Heroes was fun. I'm surprised it made it that far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I share your surprise, Castor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! I watched the first season and lost interest by the second season.

    Law & Order had a good run at 20 years, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad on both. Never watched either show, but simply got tired of hearing about both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Alex
    yep, they really didn't win us over.

    @Answer
    kinda like I'm tired of hearing about IRON MAN and ROBIN HOOD these days :PPPP

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am embarrassed to say, I have not watched neither program. Albeit they are screening here in NZ.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm kind of pissed about LAW and ORDER.

    JM

    ReplyDelete
  8. You haven't missed much, Wendy, and it would be crazy watching TV with all those natural beauties (the walking and non-walking ones ^_^) around you in New Zealand :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tower, I didn't know L&O was horrific enough for you :)))

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Dezmond - difference is the Iron Man and Robin Hood stuff with be talked out in another week or two. Law and Order was on for 20 years, and Heroes 5. I was always tired of hearing how much Heroes sucked, yet NBC always kept renewing it. No more now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sad for L&O. They finally got the cast right this season after a few years of misses. So that's sad. But also, they were one year shy of beating the record for longest running show. Now, really? Come on! Plus, L&O LA is going to be cheesy.

    I never watched Heroes.
    Oh- and I love your current yummy poll!

    Michele
    SouthernCityMysteries

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Answer
    I understand you, I also don't know why they kept them running for so long.

    @Michele
    didn't wanna sadden you with the news :(
    Thanx for the poll, it was made for you ladies :)

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.