Thursday, February 14, 2013

BBC'S "ATLANTIS" EPIC SHOW! AMANDA SEYFRIED & CHARLIZE THERON IN "MILLION WAYS TO DIE IN THE WEST"! CLIVE OWEN IN "BLUE ANGEL"! NEW "THE LEFTOVERS" & "BONNIE & CLYDE" SHOWS! HELENA BONHAM CARTER & DOMINIC COOPER ARE "BURTON AND TAYLOR"! BBC "JAMAICA INN" GOTHIC ROMANCE

I have tones of casting news for you today, people, so get into your seats and let us start. First, Amanda Seyfried is about to join Charlize Theron and Seth MacFarlane in A MILLION WAYS TO DIE IN 
THE WEST. The Western comedy will revolce around a timid farmer who backs out of a gunfight, which causes his girlfriend (Amanda Seyfried) to leave him. He gets a chance at redemption after an outlaw's wife (Charlize Theron) agrees to teach him how to shoot! Seth is directing the movie and possibly taking the lead role. Meanwhile, THR reports that Clive Owen will star in BLUE ANGEL, a film based on Francine Prose’s novel of the same name telling the story of a once successful novelist turned disillusioned college professor who is brought back to life by a gifted young female writing student who brings new energy to his class of no-hopers.

  TELEVISION HEADLINES
In TV news today, Lifetime History is preparing BONNIE AND CLYDE mini series from SMASH authors. With Emile Hirsch and Holliday Grainger (THE BORGIAS) in the lead roles, he cast also has William Hurt
 and Holly Hunter. The four-part miniseries revolves around the infamous bank robbing pair, Clyde Barrow, the charismatic armed robber, and Bonnie Parker, a small-town waitress who longs for romance. She becomes Clyde's cohort in crime, picking Clyde over her beleaguered mother (Hunter). Over at HBO Tom Perrotta's novel THE LEFTOVERS will be turned into a show revolving around the Rapture and following a group of people who are left behind in the suburban community of Mapleton. They must begin to rebuild their lives after the sudden and mysterious disappearance of more than 100 people. And NBC has found their lead actor for their sitcom ABOUT A BOY based on the same film. David Walton will play a bachelor man-child who forms a warm relationship with the young boy who moves in next door with his crazy, single mother. Yet another TV pilot we mentioned recently DELIRIUM has found its lead: Emma Roberts will star in the TV adaptation of Lauren Oliver novels about a world where love is deemed illegal and is able to be eradicated with a special procedure. With 95 days to go until her scheduled treatment the lead character does the unthinkable: She falls in love.

NEW BBC EPIC SHOWS ATLANTIS & JAMAICA INN
And even more TV news: over at BBC they've made a plan how to replace MERLIN which ended this December - ATLANTIS will bring myths to TV again!
Written by MERLIN's Howard Overman, the 13 episode show will be set in the mythological island city bringing to life Greek myths and legends re-imagined for a new generation!  The show will shoot this April in Morocco and Wales with airing sometime this Fall! BBC will also do an adaptation of the classic Daphne du Maurier novel JAMAICA INN a three part gothic romance set in 1820, following a young woman as she becomes entangled in the world of crime. Meanwhile, Helena Bonham Carter and Dominic Cooper will lead the cast in BBC's TV film BURTON AND TAYLOR, which will depict the relationship between Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton!

31 comments:

  1. A show about "The Rapture" and what happens to all us sinners that are left behind? Oh that has to be good. I'll be watching it. I want to know how much better the world will be with all those people gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, if those were hundred people from White House .... I'm sure the world would've been saved after their disappearance :)

      Delete
  2. I hardly recognize Emma Roberts. Don't think I would have known it was her without the name on the picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that was the only pretty picture of her I could find..

      Delete
    2. I haven't seen her since she went grew up. My gosh, time goes fast.

      Delete
    3. I've never seen her before :) I know she starred in some kids show in USA, or something?

      Delete
  3. That photo of Holliday Grainger reminds me of this painting. With that skin and hair she looks like a fairy. :) http://bit.ly/UfFzOS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is her as Lucretia in THE BORGIAS :) She has naturally white skin, very beautiful, but her natural hair is darker. She is in relationship with Jeremy Irvine methinks....

      Delete
  4. Even though they were gangters, Bonnie and Clyde sound so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Daphne du Maurier novel JAMAICA INN will be a must for me. I love her books. Also, Atlantis has always been interesting to me. Even liked Stargate Atlantis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ATLANTIS is now our officially most anticipated of the shows in work :) The year will be filled with epic shows beginning with VIKINGS in March, then GAME OF THRONES, April brings DA VINCI'S DEMONS and DEFIANCE, then comes THE WHITE QUEEN in summer.... then ATLANTIS this fall!

      Delete
  6. I always wanted hair like Amanda's, but it was just too much hard work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, it requires daily visits to a hair salon :) Such hairdos are huge hit at the Balkans currently since they can be seen in the extremely popular historical show THE MAGNIFICENT CENTURY with all the sultanas and harem ladies having such rich locks and curls :)

      Delete
  7. Holliday Grainger... Hubba, Hubba! don't tell my wife... and good fortune will come to you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. would never.... my lips are sealed....

      Delete
    2. PS did you hear your Gemma Arterton is divorcing from her husband? :)

      Delete
  8. I like it all, Dez and I've been dying to read Tom Perotta's book. I need to remember to put it on my library list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Valentines Day darling <3

    Some interesting things today. Seth and Charlize together is something I never would have imagined. I like comedy and enjoy Westerns so this should be good.

    Really want to see Atlantis. And written by the same guy who did Merlin! Woohoo!! Shooting in both Morocco and Wales-two suck different places. This has me very curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, dahlink, happy Valentines to you as well!
      ATLANTIS should be a mega treat for us, can't wait to hear the casting news, I'm ever so excited!

      Delete
  10. I suspect the BBC will do a much better job of Liz and Dick than the Americans did. HBC versus LL -- no contest!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Emma Roberts looks so much like her mother

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. who is her mother? I didn't know she has a celebrity mom?

      Delete
  12. Got a lot of beautiful people here today Dezzy. Lovely.

    ....dhole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was trying to put out some beauty today :)

      Delete
  13. Afraid none of these really interest me today. :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. I thought I was reading a description of myself when I first moved into my home back in Louisiana, "crazy, single mother" =P

    I love your avatar and banner for today, Dezzy! Snazzy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, me is all seductive and sweet today for the Valentines :) Too bad nobody is falling for that charm in the real world today :(

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.