Monday, November 10, 2014

'MAGICIANS' SF SERIES CASTS STELLA MAEVE, HALE APPLEMAN! SAM JAEGER IN 'LUMEN' SF SERIES! MICHAEL GROSS JOINS JANE FONDA, LILY TOMLIN IN 'GRACE & FRANKIE' SITCOM! CHRISTA B.ALLEN IN 'BABY DADDY'

SYFY'S 'THE MAGICIANS' SERIES
STELLA MAEVE AND HALE APPLEMAN TO LEAD THE CAST
I have a bunch of updates for you on upcoming TV projects in next two days! I've recently informed you that SyFy is preparing new fantasy series THE MAGICIANS about young students of magic in New York who discover that the magical fantasy world they read about as children is all too real and poses grave danger to humanity. Now, the cast has been assembled: Stella Maeve will play Julia Quentin, a wealthy and brilliant Ivy Leaguer who seems destined for success, but her future plans are forever altered after she is denied admittance to the mysterious Brakebills College for Magical Pedagogy. Hale Appleman will play Eliot, a student at the Brakebills who will prove a sometimes frustrating ally in Quentin’s fortunes, and may soon factor into a series of perilous adventures. Arjun Gupta will play Penny, Quentin’s roommate at Brakebills. He is bedevilled by voices that hint at pathways to other worlds.

'LUMEN' FANTASY SERIES
SAM JAEGER LEADS THE CAST
Another sf series, over at TNT, will be LUMEN, which has just hired Sam Jaeger in the lead role. The famous author of fantasy books suddenly disappears, and a family of four finds themselves transported to the mystical alternate world that inspired her work. Jaeger will play Michael Hartman, the stepfather of 16-year-old Charlie whose obsession with finding the author thrusts his family into the surreal world of Lumen.
MICHAEL GROSS IN 'GRACE & FRANKIE' NETFLIX SITCOM
Something that is shaping up to become one of the most hilarious of the future sitcoms, GRACE AND FRANKIE has just added famous Michael Gross! This highly delightful Netflix comedy will follow Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin as the title characters, two old rivals whose husbands (Michael Sheen and Sam Waterston) suddenly go gay and decide to get married!  Coming from FRIENDS creator Marta Kauffman, and also starring Barry Bostwick, Brooklyn Decker, Ethan Embry, Geoff Stults, Joe Morton, the sitcom will see Gross playing an enthusiastic gay caterer :)

'BABY DADDY' HIRES
 CHRISTA B. ALLEN  AND SETS CHRISTMAS SPECIAL
Speaking of sitcoms, our absolutely favourite one, ABC Family's BABY DADDY will present us with a Christmas special on December 10th, before the fourth season of the popular comedy starts sometime early next year. While the Christmas episode (see the first picture below) will give us the chance to see the happy family and friends, Ben (Jean Luc Bilodeau), Danny (Derek Theler), Bonnie (Melissa Peterman), Riley (Chelsea Kane) and Tucker (Tahj Mowry) celebrate the holiday with baby Emma,  the upcoming new season will see Christa B. Allen as the new guest star! She will play Robyn, a funny, smart, athletic, corporate attorney who works at the law firm with Riley. When Riley begrudgingly sets Robyn up with best friend Danny, they immediately hit it off. You can check out a short teaser for Christmas episode here!

26 comments:

  1. I tried reading the first Magicians book but just couldn't get into it. Interesting concept, though, so we'll see how the TV series turns out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope the series will be better than the books :)

      Delete
  2. Lumen sounds interesting. Gotta see Grace and Frankie!

    Change of clothes I see. (Argyle) Lovely leaves go with the fabUlous Dezzyballs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GRACE AND FRANKIE will be a total riot!
      As soon as the snow starts Dezzy will change into Ice King when it comes to my stylish outfits :).... gotta set the trends as expected :)

      Delete
    2. Ooh, the Ice King :) And will it be raining snow? You know how much I love the snow :)

      Delete
    3. Not sure about the snow, but you never know :) It sometimes slows down the page too much so I didn't use it last winter

      Delete
    4. Split the link so it only snows on half of the page. I had to do that with raining hearts one February! Will you wear snow goggles?

      Delete
    5. Of course not, goggles aren't stylish, I'm too fancy for that :))) I will be clad in white and baby blue

      Delete
  3. A 50-something woman told me that she had trouble dating because she noticed all of the men in her social circle had realized they were gay during their midlife crises. I hadn't personally seen that, but I found it interesting. It looks like the Michael Gross sitcom covers that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean after 50 years of dealing with women, men tend to go gay? :))))

      Delete
  4. I really liked The Magicians so I'll probably check out the series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wasn't Gross the day on Family Ties?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've known lots of "midlife gays" among the baby boomers. I wonder if that phenomenon will decrease as people start coming out younger and younger now. Time will tell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing they were always gay but couldn't come out before the times have changed and became less judgemental

      Delete
  7. I'm burned out on all the new shows. I know they need to create them but they are all bleeding together. Maybe I'm tired (and cranky).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. actually, we didn't have many new shows this year... this season has been the weakest I remember! I'm waiting for the midseason to see if there will be new things

      Delete
  8. Grace and Frankie is the one I'm looking forward to. The actors and the premise promise hilarity. Also Netflix has turned out some real top notch work of late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you seen VICIOUS, dahlink? I swear my tummy hurt from laughter while I watched McKellen and Jacobi play together! They're so wonderfully and deliciously naughty together

      Delete
  9. It's nice to see that the Parenthood actors are finding roles now that the show is about done. I hope Erika Christensen gets a good role somewhere, because I really like her too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must say I've never heard of her :)

      Delete
    2. I only saw her in one movie before, then really became a fan once she started on Parenthood. I'd say she's pretty underrated, kind of like Emily.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.