Thursday, October 18, 2012

ERIC DANE & RHONA MITRA IN MICHAEL BAY'S "THE LAST SHIP" SF SHOW! MATT BOMER IN "NEW NORMAL"! DYNAMIC TRAILER FOR TAKESHI KANESHIRO'S "DRAGON"

I have a bunch of super exciting television news for you today, updates on some of HOLLYWOOD SPY favourite of the upcoming programmes!
First of all, "The Hollywood Reporter" writes that Michael Bay has found the leading man for his new sf show THE LAST SHIP at TNT. I've mentioned some time ago that it will be a story about a global catastrophe that nearly obliterates the Earth's population, forcing the crew of a naval destroyer to confront the reality of their new existence in a world where they are among the only survivors. Now, the news is that GREY'S ANATOMY's McSteamy, or in his real name - Eric Dane, will take the lead role of THE LAST SHIP's commanding officer. Eric Dane's character McSteamy from the popular medical drama has died in the last season,
so this will be a new gig for him without catching a break. But he will not be alone in the cast, since gorgeous Rhona Mitra will play a direct, strong willed, intelligent and fearless paleomicrobiologist in the new show.

MATT BOMER NEW NORMAL
Another piece of television casting news also comes from "The Hollywood Reporter" and concerns NBC's new hit sitcom NEW NORMAL which is scoring rather nice viewership in its opening season. The sitcom stars Andrew Rannell and Justin Bartha as a gay couple who turn to a surrogate (Georgia King) for help growing their family. In current episodes they're waiting for a baby and for their marriage. The update is that TV hunk Matt Bomer, from WHITE COLLAR and MAGIC MIKE, will guest star in the series as the "sexy ex-boyfriend" to Andrew Rannell's Bryan. As you know, both Matt Bomer and Rannell are gay in their private lives as well.

"DRAGON" TRAILER
And here's something Asian for you: a trailer for Chinese martial arts epic action movie DRAGON which stars HOLLYWOOD SPY's favourite Asian actor Takeshi Kaneshiro alongside Donnie Yen, Kara Hui
and Wu Jiang. The story of the very dynamic film follows Liu Jin-xi (Yen), a village craftsman whose quiet life is irrevocably shattered by the arrival of two notorious gangsters in the local store. When Liu single handedly saves the shopkeeper’s life, he comes under investigation by detective Xu Bai-jiu (Kaneshiro). Convinced that Liu’s martial arts mastery belies a hidden history of training by one of the region’s vicious clans, Xu doggedly pursues the shy hero and draws the attention of China’s criminal underworld in the process. The film has been released in a number of countries around the world last year after it premiered at Cannes Film Festival, but will have its limited Northern American release later this November. The film is directed by Peter Chan who gave us the famous THE WARLORDS epic saga in which he also worked with amazing Takeshi Kaneshiro.

CALLING ALL DEZZY'S ANGELS
 And your HOLLYWOOD SPY has a small, but utterly important, request for you: please go to GQ POLL ON BEST DRESSED MAN and vote for our dear Tom Hiddleston who is currently second after that vampire menace Robert Pattinson. Can't let the vampires win! Assemble and vote on, my winged angel troops :) Vote for goodness, talent and style, not for vampire fangs!

29 comments:

  1. You weren't kidding this is a drool-worthy post. Kind of regret not ever watching Grey's Anatomy now. :(

    And, wow, Dragon looks awesome!! I hope I get a chance to see that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never kid, sister, you know that :) Ooh, you have both McDreamy and McSteamy in GREY'S ANATOMY :) I was never a faithful viewer but the show had its lovely moments :)

      Delete
    2. PS have you noticed how that bowl smiles above his bulge :) How curious.....

      Delete
    3. I was going to mention how if I were that bowl, I'd be smiling too. :D

      Delete
  2. WOW! Everything sounds good!! I haven't missed an episode of New Normal yet! (I am actually having some withdrawal today as it was not on last night!). And I voted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and imagine my trouble: both THE WALKING DEAD and NEW NORMAL are on a new Fox channel which my Cable operator still didn't put in their offer :(((
      Much appreciated, vote every day multiple times :)

      Delete
    2. My head might explode if I had to deal with that...I'm all spoiled. I get upset if something doesn't show up on demand immediately after airing!

      Delete
    3. we don't even have the demand option in my country :)

      Delete
  3. Voting done :)
    Wow, I love the martial arts in Dragon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. much obliged, milady :)
      It's a rather dynamic one, isn't it?

      Delete
  4. Hiddleston rules, Pattinson drools! I'm on my way to vote right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no idea Eric Dane was so attractive - almost as cute as Matt. And I did go vote, but alas, I had to cast my vote for Sherlock :)

    sorry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he is one of the ten most gorgeous celebs out there :) especially with those metalic grey eyes of his.
      Traitor! The point is to vote for Hiddlestud because he is second now, and the rest aren't even in top ten, so we should support Hiddlestud so that the wretched vampire won't win.

      Delete
  6. Dragon does look good and yes I voted but I'm no angel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A new sci-fi with Steamy? Hmm...I'd give it a try. Dragon looks interesting, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rhona Mitra.... now there is a fresh cookie! she is the cat's meeeoooow! sorry, i am knuckle-dragger.. but it makes it more fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, I can hear tomcats all the way here :) And she also has the hottest name ever

      Delete
  9. Just dropping in for a quick hello darling. If all goes well, I'll be in for a proper talk sometime Sunday. Take care and have a good week!

    Tom Hiddlestone-nom nom nom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lovely, darling, have fun on your gigs till the end of the week :) Use the time for some serious rockin' :)

      Delete
  10. Because I adore you so, I just went over and voted for Tom Hiddlestone =)))

    I have not watched The New Normal yet. Maybe I need to give it a try? I can't believe you're still not getting Walking Dead =(((

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Elsie :)
      I'm organizing the mob so that we could go down to my cable operator with torches!
      I did Torrent WD last night :) Will watch it on Saturday, because tomorrow I'm travelling to Novi Sad to my publishers.

      Delete
  11. I love Liam Nelson Dezzy so much:))

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.