Wednesday, October 10, 2012

EMILY BLUNT IS MS. MARVEL IN AVENGERS 2"? ARMIE HAMMER IS BATMAN IN "JUSTICE LEAGUE"? TRAILER FOR KELLAN LUTZ' "TARZAN"! ANNE HATHAWAY IN "THE LOW SELF ESTEEM OF LIZZIE GILLESPIE" ROMCOM

 Probably the biggest piece of news yesterday (I'm a bit late in posting it) in the geekworld is the one coming from "The Daily Mail" which
 reveals that brilliant British thespian Emily Blunt (whom you are currently watching in sf film LOOPER next to Bruce Willis) is the main candidate to play Ms. Marvel in the sequel to this year's super successful adventure AVENGERS. Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth and others are returning to their superhero roles in the film which is due in cinemas in summer 2015 (before that other sequels will hit cinemas - IRON MAN III, THOR 2: THE DARK WORLD and CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER)! Ms. Marvel was first Major Carol Daniels, a member of the U.S. Air Force and she didn't have any super powers, until she was exposed to an explosion of a Kree device that turned her into a human-Kree hybrid.

HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
  Hollywood report writes today about Anne Hathaway accepting the lead role in new romantic comedy THE LOW SELF ESTEEM OF 
LIZZIE GILLESPIE. The script which was on the famous Black List  follows a woman whose low confidence is keeping her from meeting the man of her dreams. After hitting rock bottom, her life turns around when a handsome suitor starts to pursue her. New rumours have appeared around DC's movie adaptation of JUSTICE LEAGUE which would gather all their superheroes in one place like Marvel did with AVENGERS. According to "Moviehole" Armie Hammer (who's getting more big roles after MIRROR MIRROR and LONE RANGER) might play Batman, but only within this franchise which will see the characters of Superman, Batman, The Flash, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter teaming up.

TARZAN TRAILER
I have a rather beautiful trailer for you today launched around the web a few days ago. It is the first 3D animated film from German Constantin Film - TARZAN directed by Reinhard Klooss and the voices are given by young Hollywood star Kellan Lutz, Mark Deklin and by Spencer Locke. The film updates the classic Edgar Rice Burroughs jungle hero. For example, Tarzan's parents, billionaire adventurers, are now killed in airplane crash rather than being marooned with their child. And the movie's villain is the CEO of Greystoke Energies, a man who took over the company from Tarzan's deceased parents. In the
script, Jane is the daughter of an African guide and is committed to the conservation and preservation of the African jungle. She eventually works with Tarzan to defeat the mercenary army of Greystoke Energies. This animated adventure which employs motion capture technology
 will hit cinemas later in 2013. Although the trailer reveals that they should've worked a bit more on TARZAN's face, I was really enchanted by mesmerizing lush greens in the jungle which looked absolutely real and palpable!

36 comments:

  1. Emily Blunt? For real? =) Love her! Thank you for making my day...I needed that!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is just a rumour for now, there's a lot of time till the sequel :) She is my fave of the younger British stars and I love her husband too!

      Delete
  2. Dezz I really love Anne Hatheway you know:))
    About a NEW Romeo and Juliet the best I seen in all times was the Zefirelli version with Olivia Hussey ahh you really feel the love in these movie dear:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Gloria Dear, I think you will like my post on the new ROMEO AND JULIET next Sunday :) The Zefirelli version was lovely too!

      Delete
  3. I love Emily Blunt! She has style, She has grace......you know that song, VOGUE lol!

    Tarzan looks beautiful, so does Kellan ;D

    Anne can act, so glad we weren't talking Kristen Stewart...yikes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily is one of the rare beauties with talent out there.
      Don't mention KStew here, what a talentless person....

      Delete
  4. I confess, I didn't watch the trailer. I'm getting tired of 3-D; I think I'm the only one, right?

    Anne Hathaway is just adorable! I'm glad she is getting the part. What is the Black List?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should watch it, Elsie, it is really lovely and unusual since it is made of one very dynamic and beautiful scene.
      I've mentioned the Black list many times before :) It is the list, made each year within the industry, of the best scripts which haven't yet been sold or produced :)

      Delete
    2. So, then once my book is finished, it will be on the black list!! =))

      Delete
    3. I heard you're already on certain Black lists :) The secret services agents from some Southern American countries have been interrogating me about you, you know :PPP

      Delete
    4. I'm not surprised to hear I'm already on Black Lists. Although, I'd think it'd be from the time I spent in Europe =PPPP Good times, good times - well for me!!!

      Delete
    5. yep, the pope is also spreading stories about your European youth days around Vatican, you know :)

      Delete
  5. You know, I watched all the black and white Tarzan movies when I was a kid. The ones with Johnny Weissmuller. The story makes no sense, but it's still so entertaining. Loved that last scene in the trailer when he's looking over the falls.

    And I have such high hopes for this new Romeo and Juliet movie. Can't wait for your spotlight on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. did you know that Weissmuller was actually of Serbian origin? :) He was also an Olympic swimmer if I remember correctly.
      This new trailer is lovely, although I don't like how Tarzan looks like.

      Wish there was a trailer for ROMEO AND JULIET too, but, alas, I will probably have just pics of most of the people from the cast including Damien Lewis in the costume :)

      Delete
  6. Its been awhile since I've seen anything Tarzan. I fuzzly remember that Brenden Fraizer movies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there was also that TV film with Casper Van Diem :)

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the Tarzan trailer. I agree about his face. Not someone's best work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That romcom sounds perfect for Anne H - should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've just seen Looper and she was very good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, the 3D environments they created for Tarzan are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in love with it too, it looks so amazingly realistic, you almost want to touch it!

      Delete
  11. Milly Blunt looks so gorgeous in that pic. As for Armie Hammer, he should be Superman instead of Batman, but in any case I find the whole idea of Justice League laughable. I don't know how they'll make it work the way Marvel did, which is a bummer as I'm more of a DC girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry I couldn't post the whole pic from head to toe, since it was taken from a magazine and has some text around her knees :(
      I never liked Marvel, so I'm happy about JUSTICE LEAGUE since Flash and Wonder Woman are the only heroes I like :)

      Delete
  12. We would be pleased to see Emily in this role. It's going to be a huge film and she just keeps getting better and better.

    I hope this Romeo and Juliet is good as it's always a pleasure to see the Bards classics done.

    Taran looks okay but I have to say that the Japanese were doing better graphics than this back in 2005.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it should be good, Annzie, since it is being directed by Carlo Carlei, a renowned Italian director, it is not an American production. The only problematic element is that it is produced by Julian Fellows, and you know what kind of borefest he often makes...

      Delete
    2. He did Downtown Abbey didn't he. He's a Peer of the Realm, it's genetically impossible for him to be interesting. Poor inbred thing.

      Delete
    3. INdeed he did, Annzie :) He also made me fall asleep with his recent version of TITANIC...

      Delete
  13. Ohh, I love the idea of her playing Ms. Marvel!!! and helllooo to Tarzan!! I'll be watching THAT movie ;) lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he won't be that naked in the film, you know :P It's a live motion caption film :( What a pity....

      Delete
  14. We are being inundated by super heroes. And that includes you, Tarzan. I want to see real people.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'tis true, Lee, I myself almost never watch those superhero flicks... I'd love to see films on real people who save the world like superheroes by fighting for the real problems, inventing cures, giving away money to the poor, making scientific inventions, spreading warmth of their heart....

      Delete
  15. Great news about Blunt. A talented actress and gorgeous to boot! :)

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.