Thursday, August 16, 2012

NBC "CLEOPATRA" EPIC SERIES! CHRIS HEMSWORTH GETS "SNOW WHITE & THE HUNTSMAN" SPINOFF! WENTWORTH MILLER TO ADAPT "STORY OF EDGAR SAWTELLE"! AARON PAUL JOINS TONI COLLETTE IN "LONG WAY DOWN"

Now, if you read HOLLYWOOD SPY regularly you already know that Wentworth Miller isn't only an actor, but also a writer whose scripts are getting made into films. One of his new gigs is writing a script for the movie adaptation of THE STORY OF EDGAR SAWTELLE bestseller written by David Wroblewski. The Hamlet like story follows a mute young boy whose parents are dog breeders who has to run away from home following his father's mysterious death, and hatch a plot to expose his uncle as the murderer. It is interesting that the film will be produced by Oprah Winfrey and Tom Hanks. When it comes to acting, Wenty will appear this year next to equally amazing Karl Urban and James Marsden in THE LOFT, about businessmen who share a secret loft where they take their lovers, but the things get complicated when a dead girl is found there.

HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
Ah, don't you just love how many new epic shows we're getting in the near future? NBC has decided to jump on this train and give us some
  CLEOPATRA. According to "Deadline" they have ordered a pilot for the period set series on legendary Egyptian queen which is described as an epic romance that takes place in a world of sorcery, gods and monsters. The characters of Mark Antony and Julius Caesar will also appear in the potential series, which will follow Cleopatra as she unleashes a terrible curse to win back her throne. Good news also come from SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN sequel which has just fired that horrid Kristen Stewart and is now focusing on making the sequel a spin-off which would actually focus on Chris Hemsworth's huntsman! That was actually the original plan as well, but her cheating scandal has fast-tracked the idea.

LONG WAY DOWN
 And more news on our favourite TV stars: amazingly charismatic Aaron Paul from 
BREAKING BAD has joined a stellar cast including Toni Collette, Pierce Brosnan and Imogene Poots in LONG WAY DOWN. As I've told you before this big-screen adaptation of British author Nick Hornby's 2005 novel revolves around four strangers who happen to cross paths atop a tall building in London on New Year's Eve as each attempts to commit suicide, but their meeting ends their plans and they eventually become friends. Brosnan plays a television talk show host, Collette is a single mother who has to raise her disabled son, Poots is a teenage girl, while Paul will play a pizza delivery man.

48 comments:

  1. I wonder if they'll keep the same ending for The Story of Edgar Sawtelle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we shall ask Wenty :))) Want me to call him? :)

      Delete
  2. Love Wentorth Miller!
    Dezz you really would enjoyed that I saw yesterday in tv a family that live in a Lighthouse in the south of Chile (by work he is a naval army man) the amszing they can see from the light house whales (ballenas) ! I find amazing and i see them: you know we have here whale sanctuaries.
    I think you would like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would indeed, Gloria, love Lighthouses, they are always very magical and lovely. And I'd love the nature over in your country, and your cooking off course :)

      Delete
  3. No Kristen Stewart and MORE HUNKSworth??? OMg, YUMM!! I'll being seeing that movie a good 6 times. hahahahaha

    Cleopatra actually sounds intriguing. It wouldn't be running Thursday nights at 9, would it? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you'd come as soon as I mention Hunksworth ;PP
      Hope they don't give Cleopatra role to some horrid wench :(

      Delete
    2. Oh, I agree!!! Let's start casting our votes now and send it to the producers :) I think I vote for Lynn Collins!!!

      Delete
    3. that is a spectacular idea! I might organize a poll on this issue :) Any other ideas? Whom should I put in the poll?

      Delete
  4. I might go watch the Snow White sequel now that Kristen Stewart is in it. I heard that the director of the original (the one with whom she had the fling) has also been canned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nope, the director is apparently coming back :)

      Delete
  5. Hemsworth all the way. I'll anything Chris is in. Wentworth as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. will see thor in the sequel as long as what's her face is gone...

    ReplyDelete
  7. long way down sounds interesting.

    my boys just started watching dinotopia (an old series with wentworth miller starring in it) and i swear he looks the exact same age as he does now... has he found the fountain of youth or something???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, I loved DINOTOPIA back in the days. That when we started loving Wenty. And yes, he's the same today as he was then. Can you believe he is almost 40?

      Delete
    2. I thought for years that he was my age, but he could be my big bro :)

      Delete
  8. Wow, what a royal screw up on Stewart's part - no Pattison, no movie role (I thought cheating scandals were supposed to be good for movie careers). On an unrelated note, long way down sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that;s karma, darling :)
      Glad you like the script for that film, it's sounds very unique.

      Delete
  9. Too bad about Kristen, but I understand she wasn't really obligated to do the sequel...anyway, Chris and Wentworth look so hot ~ Thanks for the update Dez ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they were all tied with contracts for another film, but she has been fired now. I think most people hate her generally, even without the scandal.

      Delete
  10. Whoa! That's a whole lotta stuff going on! I am kind of apprehensive about watching all of these new, big, epic shows starting in the fall - I seem to have a tendency to get attached to the ones that end up cancelled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah, that happened to me only with LEGEND OF THE SEEKER :( Still miss that lovely show

      Delete
    2. Well, my worst one ever was Firefly...I am still bitter about that one. It does seem that there is at least one every season.

      Delete
    3. Yep, we sure do miss FIREFLY, and ROme as well, that was the best epic series ever and it ended in second season :( The same goes for STAR TREK ENTERPRISE which didn't last long either :(

      Delete
  11. I find it hilarious that they got rid of Stewart. I can't stand her and I'd actually be interested in watching a sequel without her in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think 99 percent of the world population shares your feeling, Damien :)

      Delete
  12. I had no idea Wentworth is also a writer.

    I'd love to watch Long Way Down. I'm also a fan of Collette.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he is, he has a BA in English :) Such a lovely gent!

      Delete
  13. Heard about Kristen Stewart being fired from that sequel. Man did she mess up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the idea of the SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN spin off. I still haven't seen the movie, but the spin off sounds more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it sure does, I might even watch it this time :)

      Delete
  15. I'm thinking or maybe hoping Cleopatra will have nudity....maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't know about NBC doing an epic. I love epics but they have to be good, not just done to catch the tide of popularity.

    The Story of Edgar Sawtelle interests me. I know there have been many spins on Hamlet, but the bard knew what he was on about and great plays never die.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, they have to do it good especially since it's Cleopatra. Hope the casting will be epic, and that they won't hire some bimbo for the role, darling :(

      Delete
  17. I am not saddened by Stewart losing that part. It has nothing to do with the cheating for me but the lack of talent - she's horrible! Can the girl smile? How about wear decent shoes to award shows - I hate heels but I'd suck it up for an evening knowing I was wearing a gown - sheesh! LOL okay, rant over...

    I like the story of Long Way Down. It seems like it'd be an inspirational movie that gives people hope. I love those kind!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nobody is saddened, methinks :) She and RPats are examples of everything that is horribly wrong in today's showbiz. No talent, cold as ice, frigid, bellow mediocre, have no good qualities and nothing to justify the popularity they have.

      Delete
  18. Nice to see Wentworth Miller getting something new on his plate. And I laugh at at HUNTSMAN spin-off.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You will be sad to know that as of yesterday the studio denied any reports of Stewart being fired or replaced... That is currently just a rumor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. very sad, but the info is that she only "might" get a small cameo role in it.

      Delete
  20. I'm happy for you seeing all these epic shows being made Dezzy!

    Y'know I'm surprised Wentworth Miller isn't getting more roles, I mean obviously lots of people like him and he's a talented guy. Well good for him w/ this new project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. epic is my fave genre :)
      I'm also shocked that Wenty never got any other big TV role or a big role in a film, his acting career has been non=existant after PRISON BREAK :(

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.