Tuesday, April 10, 2012

TRAILER FOR "GIANT MECHANICAL MAN" WITH TOPHER GRACE & JENNA FISCHER! DAVID TENNANT IN "THE SPIES OF WARSAW"! TEASER & PICS FOR SKY1 EPIC SHOW "SINBAD"

Sometime last year HOLLYWOOD SPY has announced that British Sky One is preparing their own show titled SINBAD, probably encouraged
by the worldwide success of MERLIN and SPARTACUS and similar epic shows. Now here's the first utterly short sneak peek for the show which will air in July in 12 episodes. It gives us only the look of the main hero. Starring newcomer Elliot Knight in the title role, alongside Naveen Andrews ("Lost"), Orla Brady ("Fringe"), Sophie Okonedo ("Hotel Rwanda") and Timothy Spall ("Harry Potter"), the new show, packed with fantasy, adventure and action, will follow the legendary sailor Sinbad who,  banished from his homeland of Basra and cast out to sea on the ship called "The Providence" following the death of his much-loved brother, embarks on an epic quest to rid himself of the curse placed
on him by his own grandmother and embrace his destiny. On board "The Providence", an intriguing band of travellers are thrown together, including taciturn Norwegian sailor Gunnar (Elliot Cowan), lithe
jewel-thief Rina (Marama Corlett), and haughty Nala (Estella Daniels). Completing the ship's complement are the eccentric Cook (Junix Inocian), and the ship's cerebral doctor Anwar (Dimitri Leonidas). Hope we shall get more pictures and a longer trailer soon :)

HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
All of you who are fans of DR. WHO, might be glad to hear that David Tennant has found himself a new gig: according to "Digital Spy" he will
take the lead role in BBC's TV film THE SPIES OF WARSAW which will have two 90 minute parts. The adaptation of Alan Furst's novel will see Tennant as Colonel Jean-Francois Mercier, a decorated war hero who begins an affair with a Parisian lawyer Anna to be played by Janet Montgomery. Taking place in London, Paris, Berlin and Polanda it will be a tense, passionate and sexy love story set against the increasingly strident clang of coming Second world war.

It's been an extremely poor period in the movie news department in last few weeks, people, so bare with me until sun shines again :) Thus, the only new trailer I have for you today is for a smaller film called GIANT MECHANICAL MAN which still doesn't have a release date, but is has some nice names in the cast. It is an offbeat romantic comedy about a silver-painted street performer and the soft spoken zoo worker who
falls for him. Directed by Lee Kirk, the film charts the romantic adventures of an introverted zoo worker (Jenna Fischer, I've no idea who she is, but I don't like her acting in the trailer, she seems like she has one facial expression in all scenes). She falls for her co-worker (Chris Messina), who is a street performer dressed as a gigantic silver man in his spare time. Meanwhile, her well-meaning sister (Malin Akerman) pushes her to date a painfully upbeat motivational speaker (Topher Grace looking crazier than ever in the film :)).

63 comments:

  1. the sinbad sneak peek was clever. the mechanical man looks good. alienation from society can be such a strong story. it all depends on how conformist the story concludes, i say. i like fischer in the office. you are right. she does have one expression throughout:) grace was so annoying he is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we do love Topher Grace :)
      glad you liked the trailers!

      Delete
  2. That was a literal sneak peak at Sinbad. :)

    And Jenna Fischer was the lead female on The Office sitcom here in the US. Ha! had to laugh at that hair on Topher Grace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told ya so :)
      I know, but I don't get OFFICE and similar non-humorous sitcoms :)
      Topher is always so charmingly hilarious!

      Delete
  3. Man it is kinda slim pickens in the movie department.... maybe its time to preview new you-tube clips??? haha
    I do like Topher Grace in most things though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is, it's a dry period, what can I tell you, that's why I'm saving the day with hot pics :)

      Delete
  4. Sinbad's trailer left much to be desired. Dry period? How about you put up a post on why Ridley Scott should not cave-into the forces at 20th Century Fox and not make Prometheus PG-13!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about making a spotlight on PROMETHEUS, but since we still don't have any synopsis of the film, I wouldn't know what to write about :) And I almost always support PG13 :) in films :)

      Delete
  5. Anytime I see Topher, I think "That 70's Show", no matter what he's doing, I just can't shake it. LOL I don't have that problem with Ashton or Mila though...go figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. probably because he didn't have huge hits after the show, although I loved a lot of his films, he is very nice, and a much better actor than Ashton.

      Delete
    2. I agree, Aston can't act at all. He can't even introduce Punk'd without screwing it up lol

      Delete
    3. yep, and it's his luck that he is drop dead gorgeous :)That helps him a lot :)

      Delete
  6. Sinbad looks good from the pics...nice toned muscles...hmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice, I've missed Tennant on the small screen

    ReplyDelete
  8. The tin man must miss the wizard of oz hahaha looks like a good one though. Sinbad sounds like it is going to be great as well, they seemed to have picked quite the cast. Let's hope it lasts, if it is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it will probably be a smaller scale show for Saturday afternoon or something like that.

      Delete
    2. Still I suppose it could be good, as the old 90's one never had a huge budget and wasn't bad.

      Delete
    3. I loved the old one with Zen Gesner :) Those were the days of XENA, HERCULES and SINBAD :)

      Delete
  9. i think i'm going to adore the giant mechanical man ( a sentence i never thought i'd say there).
    and yay for tennant!
    and sinbad looks like it might be fun! hope it comes to bbc america!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he he :)
      I don't think it will be on BBC, since it is a Sky production, it's their rival, it will probably be aired on Sky Atlantic, and I'm guessing that's their US version?

      Delete
  10. Why haven't I heard about Sinbad before you??? Oh my!! Thank goodness I have your blog :) Looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. trust me, sister, HOLLYWOOD SPY is always the first one to inform you on epic and sf projects, always!

      Delete
  11. Sinbad trailer looks interestingly short :-) ...and Mechanical trailer..sigh so romantic ~

    Thanks Dez ~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Dezzy! Never heard of 'Giant Mechanical Man' but I quite like Malin Akerman, glad to see she's getting more roles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also like Malin, she is so gorgeous :) Loved her in WATCHMEN, she had the most amazing chemistry with the boys in that film.

      Delete
    2. Ahah yeah, especially with Patrick Wilson ;-)

      Delete
    3. and Matthew Goode, don't ever forget him :)

      Delete
  13. I love the sound of Sinbad, though that trailer really does leave a lot to be desired. I as hoping for more.

    Yay for David! He is far and away my fave Dr. Never heard of Giant Mechanical Man, but it sounds very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me, Melsy, I've never heard of GIANT MECHANICAL MAN either before this :)

      Delete
  14. Giant Mechanical Man is a weird one...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Dezzy!

    I am not sure whether I will get on board (see what I did there?) with Sinbad. Not really my bag!

    I hope you are well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you suffer from sea sickness? :)
      I could be better, thanks, how are you and the gang?

      Delete
  16. If he's SinBAD, I'm the blue Terminator. He's got no charisma whatsoever and he's skinny. That said, I need to go to the zoo across the street and work on my facial expressions, Dezzmeister. Today I'm trying smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, Randy, Zen Gesner will always be my Sinbad, don't know if you remember his SINBAD show from the late 90's?
      http://www.mostbeautifulman.com/actors/zengesner/images/pic01.jpg

      Smile, my blue friend, smile, life is too short to be spent without smiles, even though those are sometimes extremely difficult to obtain :( Me has a bit of a sad too these days for some reason...

      Delete
    2. You're also blue? Why is that? Yes, I remember that SinBAD show. It's the one I never watched hahaha.

      Delete
    3. Blue days, I suppose, PMS and such things :))

      Delete
    4. You know me better than my Momma!

      Delete
    5. oh, does that mean me has to change your diappers? :)

      Delete
    6. Hahahahahaha. That's so not funny. You could be an actor in a modern c.o.m.e.d.y.

      Delete
    7. I could, I have no facial expressions whatsoever, my ex boss hated that :) The witch couldn't read my face :))

      Delete
  17. You had me at David Tennant.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dezzy - your background is beautiful! Love MERLIN! Hope your day is as gorgeous as you. =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, me did a bit of egg painting this Easter :)
      Thanks :) me feels so precious :)

      Delete
  19. Dang! Whenever I think of Sinbad, I think of the comedian that suddenly disappeared. Or is he dead?

    I didn't like the 90s show. I thought it was another case of "whitewashing." I did a post about that not too long ago, and I'm sick and tired of movie/tv execs casting white actors in roles that are obviously non-white. Asian roles are especially victims to this whitewashing piece of sh*t.

    Now, that Giant Mechanical Man movie looks quirky and a little strange. And it kinda appeals to me.

    Tennant will always be The Doctor to me. I'm thinking most actors get typecast like that, although Eccleston has had success outside of DW (but he only played the part for 2 seasons).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've no idea what happened to Sinbad the comedian :) I never knew why he was called Sinbad?
      Don't forget that the opposite thing happens as well. You have a lot of racism in putting black actors in stories which have no black people, like making Gwynever black in BBC's MERLIN, eventhough it's a historical show. Not sure they would ever put a white actor play Martin Luther King. But that's the problem when political correctness goes too far and messes with reality, thus bringing double standards.

      I know a lot of you boys love your Doctor Who :)

      Delete
  20. There will be only Sinbad to me

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looking forward to David Tennant's "The spies of Warsaw". Any clues about when it will air, Dezzy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dunno, but I'm guessing next year, since the production hasn't yet started :)

      Delete
  22. I'm a little dubious about Sinbad (mainly because the sneak peek interrupted my Game of Thrones time) but I'll give it a shot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah, I know, they aired the teaser during GOT :))

      Delete
  23. I REALLY want to see Dr.Who...I have to find time to download it one day. Currently busy downloading Benny's movies.

    Where have I seen Topher Grace before....hmmm

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.