Tuesday, January 31, 2012

ABC'S EXCITING AMAZON SHOW "THE RIVER" WITH BRUCE GREENWOOD & THOMAS KRETSCHMANN! TOM RILEY IS STARZ' LEAD IN "DA VINCI'S DEMONS" EPIC SHOW! EXCLUSIVE SCREEN ACTORS GUILD 2012 AWARDS FASHION REPORT!

You already know that beside the best epic show SPARTACUS and their work on MARCO POLO epic show, Starz is also preparing another great epic adventure - DA VINCI'S DEMONS. To be done in cooperation with BBC and penned by David Goyer (MAN OF STEEL), this historical fantasy,
in eight episodes, will follow the untold story of the world's greatest genius during his raucous youth in Renaissance Florence. Brash and brilliant, the twenty five-year old Leonardo da Vinci is an artist, inventor, swordsman, lover, dreamer and idealist. As a free thinker, with intellect and talents that are almost superhuman, he struggles to live within the confines of his own reality and time. He begins to not only see the future, but invent it. Now the new thing is that they've found the lead actor: it will be young British actor Tom Riley whom the Brits know from MONROE and LOST IN AUSTEN. To be shot this summer and aired next year, the show will be produced by DOCTOR WHO producers.

AMAZON MYSTERY!
Today, I have for you another trailer for one of the new shows which will hit small screens this midseason. It's ABC's new, super exciting
show THE RIVER which premieres February 7th revolving around Dr. Emmet Cole who's gone missing. The beloved host of The Undiscovered Country, which brought the wonder and magic of the natural world into our homes for so many years, has disappeared in the wilds of the Amazon. Gone for six months now, and thought by many to be dead, his emergency beacon went off two weeks ago. Now Dr. Cole’s wife and frequent co-host of The Undiscovered Country, Tess, has begun the search for her husband. With the help of her son, Lincoln, and crew members Tess is looking to be reunited with her husband and save the rest of his missing
crew. But the search for Dr. Cole may provide more questions than answers. Where have he and the missing crew been? What mysteries of the uncharted Amazon did they capture on film? Can this family that was torn asunder six months ago be miraculously reunited? The world holds its breath as we wait to find out just what became of Dr. Emmet Cole and his crew.
AMAZON TIDBITS
The cast of the show includes Bruce Greenwood, Paul Blackthorne, Thomas Kretschmann and Leslie Hope. It is interesting that the whole show is being advertised as if it is a real life story, it is being shoot too look like some kind of real life TV report, and even the official site is organized in that way. Very interesting marketing. The show is produced by Steven Spielberg.

SAG 2012 FASHION REPORT
So, did you watch last night's Screen Actors Guild Awards? Whom did you like at the red carpet? There weren't any stunning outfits this year, everybody went for quite bold colours. I won't mention the worst dressed, there were too many of those, but interesting ones were Sofia Vergara and Dianna Agron, the two best dressed ladies at the
Golden Globes earlier this month, who've opted for very simple and subtle pink dresses, while British beauty Emily Blunt went for long emerald gown with a very sexy deep slit. Diane Lane was refined again in midnight blue. One of the interesting and gorgeous ones was Kaley Cuoco in her mint green gown, while Lea Michele was definitely the sexiest thing that evening in her hot Versace dress and judging from the
comments around the net everyone seems to agree on that. The strange thing for me was seeing GAME OF THRONES Emilia Clarke for the first time outside the show. I was shocked to discover that the powerful dragon queen was such a plain Jane at the red carpet, couldn't even recognise her. Click on the pics to see them in bigger size!

50 comments:

  1. Riley's a good choice. Not sure about LOST...I mean, THE RIVER.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't overly excited when I heard about Riley getting the role, but I hope that he will amaze me when the show begins next year since I love me Starz :)

      Delete
    2. I'm sure he'll be good, but I just realized I was thinking of Hugh Dancy for some reason.

      Delete
    3. oh, Joshy, I wish it was Dancy, he is one of my absolute favourites... such a dear fella, would be amazing seeing him on TV in some good epic show! He is much more talented than his Claire Danes Mrs.

      Delete
  2. I also made a triple chocolate mousse cake over the weekend...I'll share on Saturday. Love when you throw in a fashion segment. That mint number wasn't my favorite, but no horrid fashion misses~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I made your apple scones this weekend, will post them next weekend at Face probably :) Instead of caramel, I glazed them with honey and sprinkled them with roasted hazelnuts :)
      Glad you liked the fashion report, next one at the Oscars :)

      Delete
  3. There had better be some homosexual sex in that tale of DaVinci's life. He was as gay as they come. And as for the River...I'm definitely intrigued and want to know more. I think the setting should prove more satisfying done this way than with the stupid Anaconda movies (Please let there be no huge anacondas).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oH, yes, he really was gay, but I don't think they will make him gay in the show, society is not at that high stage of development to accept it :( Especially not in an expensive show. Although I've always thought Merlin and Arthur are in love with each other in BBC's MERLIN lol :)

      Delete
  4. The Da Vinci show sounds pretty awesome. Shall keep my ears to the ground for more on that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you like it, I think you will like MARCO POLO too at Starz!

      Delete
  5. The Da Vinci show should be good. With the BBC involved they stand a chance of doing this right. The River doesn't appeal to me at all. Sofia's dress is my favorite. The color is brilliant and the cut is perfect for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine him having a lot of crazy gadgets in the middle of medieval times ;) Will be crazy cool :)
      Sofia always has sexy dresses ;)

      Delete
  6. Da Vinci show hmm sounds pretty neat I would watch that

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your fashion reports... MORE please! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. next edition at the Oscars, unless something else pops up!

      Delete
  8. Wow, that was a lot of screaming in that trailer. Looks scary, but it intrigued me enough I may watch it when it comes on.

    And I agree with Michael. By now, who doesn't know that DaVinci was gay? It will be a disaster if they try to avoid it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, it starts and ends with screaming, but we would scream as well if we were to get lost in Amazon :)
      Keeping fingers crossed that Leonardo gets some gay luv in the show :)

      Delete
  9. Almost makes me wish I had cable -- but not quite :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, even I in Serbia have cable, how can you not have it? :PPP

      Delete
  10. So another Lost wannabe huh? With two former 24 stars no less. One being one of the most annoying characters EVER, Teri, just thinking about that amnesia storyline makes me want to throw up. Not sure I like the whole blair witch shooting to it either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat, I must admit I've never watched LOST nor 24 :) I don't like blair witch shooting either :)

      Delete
  11. Not as exciting as the start of The Walking Dead :)

    ......dhole

    ReplyDelete
  12. The River seems really creepy, Dez. As for the fashion report, I kind of like the shade of Emily's dress, so spring-y!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always love Emily, although I must admit that colour is a bit creepy for me, since doctors wear that colour in surgeries here in my country :)

      Delete
  13. loved the first poster of the river...seems to be an interesting watch... will wait...

    ReplyDelete
  14. The River looks like Lost except, it's on a River. If a bear or mist monster appears, I called it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice. Liking the sound of Da Vinci - and a totally creepy trailor for The River. Two to watch out for, cheers, Dez

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'll look out for The River, though I'm not in any rush to watching anything.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another great heads up on another show that sounds very me!! thanks matey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you liked both shows, Scottie, I will have trailers on new shows tonight as well and later this week one of the British ones too!

      Delete
  18. The River.... Let me guess, just like the boy in Jurassic Park III he's now a full-blown Rambo, one with nature, sucking on leaves and killing hogs. And I don't mean THIS type.

    ReplyDelete
  19. "Da Vinci's Demons" for me, a little history is a good thing I hope....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it should be a great one, if they don't ruin it like they did with horrid CAMELOT

      Delete
  20. man alive! da vinci would be an interesting enough story without future-manipulation stuff. ugh.

    those ladies all look lovely- except emilia clarke's dress. her hair is beautiful, but i don't like the stark white top with the black bottom, the sleeves could be cool on a different design, but... i don't know. just not a fan of that dress. beautiful gal though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He will probably just have some innovative gadgets and ideas, nothing more :)
      Emilia definitely looked bad, she is generally a very noncharismatic girl, but this was just plain boring, like a 80 year old granny.

      Delete
  21. This Davinci series sounds quite intriguing. I hope I'll be able to catch it sometime as I don't have Starz. :(

    I loved Sophia's dress as well as Lea's. Both of them look spectacular on the carpet. I also loved Diane Lane's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it could be our new fave show :) if done right
      Did you know that Sofia has a 20 years old son? I almost fainted when I heard that!

      Delete
  22. I did not know that!! Holy cow, she looks 30 tops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she's 39, which means she was a very naughty young girl :)

      Delete
  23. The River is produced by no other than Steven Spielberg. I haven't seen a Spielberg production yet that is not amazing. For sure the river will one great hit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you like his TERRA NOVA too? It's not bad, although nothing too special.

      Delete
  24. Thanks! I had so much fun reading your updates here.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.