Tuesday, January 17, 2012

STARZ MAKING "MARCO POLO" EPIC SHOW! CHRIS EVANS IN FANTASY ACTION "SNOW PIERCER"! HOLLYWOOD SPY'S GOLDEN GLOBES 2012 FASHION REPORT

 Chris Evans definitely had successful previous year. Not only that he scored success with his amazing and believable performance in CAPTAIN AMERICA
(the role he will repeat twice - first this summer in THE AVENGERS and then later on in the sequel to CAPTAIN AMERICA), but he also gave us a bit of romance, since we love him all cuddly and romantic, in WHAT'S YOUR NUMBER, and then he showed us some true acting skills in critically acclaimed drama PUNCTURED. The new project of his, just announced over at "Variety" is SNOW PIERCER, an extremely interesting fantasy action in which the story is set in a world that is completely covered in snow and ice, and follows a group of travellers trying to co-exist on a train. As I mentioned before, Chris Evans will also join Michael Shannon, David Schwimmer and Ray Liotta in THE ICEMAN, a 2013 film, the true story of Richard Kuklinski, the notorious contract killer and family man.
HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
One of our favourite channels STARZ which brought us legendary epic series SPARTACUS, is planning another historical show for us. It will be on famous 13th century explorer MARCO POLO in the form of a
fantastical martial arts epic, chronicling the famous adventurer's early years in the court of Kublai Khan. Acting as the ruler's spy, ambassador and explorer, Marco treks across the Far East and returns with tales of his journeys. In a court filled with political betrayal and forbidden relationships, Marco must use his martial arts training to survive, but it is his ability to enchant Khan with imaginative tales of his kingdom that is often his best tool to stay alive. Wowza, sounds totally like my cup of tea! It will be produced by the Weinstein company and written and created by John Fusco (HIDALGO)! Back in 2010 HOLLYWOOD SPY also wrote about a possible MARCO POLO movie at Warner Bros, but nothing happened with that one. And back in 2009 even John Woo had a plan of a similar project.

GOLDEN GLOBES 2012
I'm sure you will agree with me that Golden Globes 2012 were more or less the usual crapfest when it comes to awards and the winners so let us move straight to the fashion report, I know you like that one best :) Well, I don't know about you but the first thing I thought when I saw the stars at the red carpet was - What were they thinking? Too many bad
outfits, horrid hairdos, way too much trashy colours and shapeless dresses were seen at the ceremony this year. But every crapfest has its pearls and this year, the best dressed were Kate Beckinsale (she was there only for her beauty, right?), always stunning Sofia Vergara in her divine blue dress and two surprises, at least for me, were Viola Davis, who looked lovely in her simple but elegant burgundy gown, and
Tilda Swinton in an extremely refined ice blue outfit (she is usually the biggest freak, but not this year). Also looking lovely were Elven beauties Berenice Bejo in blue, Dianna Agron in the breathtaking filigree lace gown probably made by the elves from Earendil :), truly stunning, and I also loved Evan Rachel Wood's arborial green gown with feathers, scales and leaves, although her hairdo was really bad along with her make up. PS CLICK ON THE PICS TO SEE THEM BIGGER
ON THE DARK SIDE
Some ladies, going safe, decided for dark colours last night, some of them with success, like Helen Mirren, who looked amazing in her
midnight blue dress with diamonds, and Debra Messing who looked nice as well, while sexy ladies Mila Kunis and Morena Baccarin made huge mistakes looking  baggy in the first example and slutty in the second one.
INTERESTING ONES
Diane Lane was looking truly refined in her beige sparkly gown,  Octavia Spencer was charming and cute in lavander, Nicole
Kidman went unsuccessfully for Egypt, while Angelina Jolie was obviously preparing for her role in MALEFICENT. Reese Witherspoon had a weird red thing on her.
BLUE FREAKS
It seems blue was the trade mark colour for freaks this year: Freida Pinto in a blue grandma's drapery, Kelly Osbourne - I'm not even sure why she was there, Jodie Foster looked like an upholstered chair, while Sarah Michele Gellar came out of a paper bin covered in ink.
FREAKS OF THE YEAR
She might be the actress of the year but Michelle Williams' 70' style we just ain't buying, you're not Mia Farrow, Charlize Theron - beauty
gone to waste, Emily Watson - crime against red carpet, Katherine McPhee - crime against beauty, Julianna Margueles - walking hot
dog. So tell me, who were your chics and freaks last night? 

ATTENTION
PS Ever since Blogger has started installing this amazing REPLY button in the comments for us, lots of Bloggers have had troubles opening pages and commenting. If that happens to you, you must switch from Internet Explorer to Firefox

62 comments:

  1. I am so going to see that Iceman movie. It sounds right up my alley. I saw a documentary on that guy once and he is as stone cold a serial killer as you can get.

    Rachel Evan Wood ='s yuck. I loathe that people waste time talking about stuff that she does.

    Mila Kunis is working that bitch face. Working. It.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a fan of Evan Rachel either, but her dress was lovely.
      Mila is always cute, but the dress was wrong.

      Delete
  2. Snow piercer sounds pretty awesome. I'll be keeping an eye out for that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched about fifteen minutes of the Globes and that was it. I thought Michelle Williams looked ridiculous. And poor Emily Watson looked WAY too matronly in that beige disaster.

    I kind of liked Jolie's ice queen look, but she should smile more. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle Williams definitely has talent,but absolutely no style. Beige disaster is the right word :)
      I guess Ice queens don't smile :) Will she come as Cruella De Ville next year?

      Delete
  4. Oh I'm so glad you did a feature of the Golden Globes. I was surprised how many green dresses were there. I thought Kate Beckinsale looked the best and Julianna Margueles came close to the worst.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heh I didn't feature any of the green ones, but I remember Laura Dern's green one, it was nice but to plain on her already plain face and body.
      Kate was breathtaking when she came out on stage.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I wasn't a fan of Laura Dern's dress. I liked the sparkle, but like you said, it was overall too plain.

      Delete
  5. I LOVED Angelina's outfit. It was my favorite. I agree with all your other comments. What was Nichole thinking? Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you agree, Ciara ;) Nicole always dresses horribly, I'm not sure why we once considered her a fashion icon.

      Delete
  6. I missed the globes, thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many freaks, it's seem they are running amok..haha Marco Polo sounds like an interesting one too, should be good if done right. Wish IE would get with the program too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm extremely excited about MARCO POLO, I love me STARZ a lot, even though they gave us the horrid CAMELOT last year

      Delete
  8. I'm not that hard on the girls. I know this is going to be a shock, but I love the dresses and seeing people go out for a fancy night out. It's just so pretty. I switched to Google Chrome and it's working out. So glad I could get back to you Dez dear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a fashion designer, among other things, so I tend to have an opinion on red carpet things :)
      Glad GoogleChrome is working too, IE is generally total trash.
      GLAD TO HAVE YOU BACK, DARLING

      Delete
  9. I liked Viola's outfit the best and I though Helen Mirren looked great and elegant and I also liked Tilda Swinton - still her own style, but elegant for a change.I thought the most unflattering one was Sarah Michelle Gellar's. Kelly Osbourne's dress was not age appropriate, more for her mother's generation. I also didn't like so many with the pale skin-tone color, not a good color for most women I would say. Still always fun to see what everyone is wearing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Viola and Helen were lovely, and Tilda really surprised me, such a nice outfit.
      I've no idea who on Earth invited Kelly Osbourne there and why, such an insignificant spoiled little ....

      Delete
  10. I loved Sophia's gown and George Clooney's date Stacy Kiebler's red gown. Hated Madonna's gown and Sarah Michelle Gellar's. Tilda looked stunning for once, usually I hate what she's wearing. I thought Angelina looked pretty stunning as well as Kate B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sofia's gown was out of this world and it fitted her like a glove. Like bird of paradise!
      Madonna look horrid, have you seen her arms? I heard Elton John told her behind the stage "there is no way you're winning the globe for best song over me" and she said "you'll see", and she won, for that horrid song, something smells fishy to me there, I mean what kind of ceremony gives Madonna and award if it's not a Golden Rassie?

      Delete
    2. LOL a Golden Razzy! The only kind she should win. That sucks that she won for that song. It was just awful.

      Delete
    3. and the witch will cherish it forever :(

      Delete
  11. Internet Explorer still exist? :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Re that Blogger issue: I also read that the problem is solved if you change your settings so that your comment box is not embedded in your post but opens in a new window.

    ReplyDelete
  13. your headings made me laugh..blue freaks and all.....very interesting post!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the breakdown on the dresses. I didn't see the show, but I was going to look at the fashions.

    Snow Piercer sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good fashion tips there, looking forward to The Iceman as I once saw him being interviewed from prison....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you found something interesting today, Lurk!

      Delete
  16. The dresses all kind of look the same quality to me, but magazines always rank them up and tear into the ones they can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we rank them up too :) We will do that with the Oscars as well :)

      Delete
  17. I like most of the dresses. I never watched the Globes because it wasn't on where I live. However, I'm sure it was funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it isn't aired here as well, but I watched them a bit at one of the German cable channels :)

      Delete
  18. I haven't had any problem here Dezzy with comments but I am unable to comment on anywhere that has CAPTCHA on comments.

    Very annoying I can tell you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. people who still molest their readers with CAPTCHA don't even deserve your comment, Scottie. It's extremely rude and annoying and one of the most despised things around the Blogosphere. I can understand that you want to avoid spammers, but nobody has that much spammers. I mean I have more than million readers and not all that much spam.

      Delete
    2. Good point. And the spam catcher that blogger install, like 2 years ago, is pretty darn good.

      Delete
    3. yep, we love the spam control :)

      Delete
  19. What a huge variety of dresses. Or should I call them gowns?

    The replay feature is nice but not when it creates problems. Too bad we can't get notified when someone does reply.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, you can get notified about the comments on your own blog at least.

      Delete
  20. HAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!! love the "dezz not happy" graphic!
    that tilda lady's dress really is interestingly nice.- but her hairdo?
    i did like katherine mcphee's dress... hmmm... but i think kate beckinsale and debra messing looked the best!
    i love your fashion re-caps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's my unhappy face :) That's my ERROR 500 graphic :)
      Have you seen how Katherine's shoulders looked like in that dress? Like a rugby player, and she is such a pretty and lovely girl.

      Delete
    2. man! now that you point it out, i DO see it! and i can't look at that pic WITHOUT seeing it now!

      Delete
    3. hehe :) I was quite shocked, since she is such a lovely girl, can't wait to watch her in her new musical show SMASH this year with Debra Messing as well in the cast

      Delete
  21. The Iceman... hm interesting title

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm not one for celebrity gossip, but Ms. Jolie's arms made me worry for her health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. have you seen Madonna's arms? I was afraid, very afraid...

      Delete
  23. Nice. A beauties (actresses) and the beast (the iceman) edition. I see what you did there, Dezzy.

    I read a biography of the iceman some years ago and he was one scary/sick dude. The movie has a lot of material to work with.

    I'm a bit meh with the dresses, but I enjoyed your catty comments. Made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you liked the catty comments, Michael :)

      Delete
  24. Out of the darker-attire, my faves are Dame Mirren (she's just stunning!) and Berenice Bejo, such a gorgeous hue of blue. I love Charlize but that train is a bit much.

    Thanks for the fashion coverage Dezzy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen was really lovely, modern and elegant and not so classic as usually.

      Delete
  25. Popping over before heading to your facebook goodies...and loved the fashion critique! Right on the money!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope you will like my Cheese and Shrooms role :) over at Face :)
      Glad you liked the fashion report!

      Delete
  26. I think Nicole Kidman was the most elegant of all those actresses :)

    About the reply thing,I have no problem to comment...I never used internet explorer...too slow

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.