Friday, December 9, 2011

MERYL STREEP SHINES IN 3RD TRAILER FOR "THE IRON LADY"! 1ST TRAILER FOR "MADAGASCAR 3: EUROPE'S MOST WANTED"! HELEN MIRREN & ANTHONY HOPKINS IN "ALFRED HITCHCOCK AND THE MAKING OF PSYCHO"! EDGAR RAMIREZ VILLAIN IN "STAR TREK2"?

 I've got two trailers for you today, and the 1st one is for delightful animated movie MADAGASCAR 3: EUROPE'S MOST WANTED. Hitting cinemas next June, the crazy flick brings back the adorable characters Alex the Lion, Marty the Zebra, Gloria the Hippo, and Melman the Giraffe who are still fighting to get home to
their beloved Big Apple Zoo and of course, King Julien, Maurice and always ready and well prepared Penguins are all along for the comedic adventure. Their journey takes them through Europe where they find the perfect cover: a traveling circus, which they reinvent - Madagascar style. As in the previous installments of the successful saga, the voice cast includes Ben Stiller, David Schwimmer and Chris Rock.

HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
Here's another interesting duo: Helen Mirren has just joined Anthony Hopkins in ALFRED HITCHCOCK AND THE MAKING OF PSYCHO which will describe how the famous
director made his famous film even though no studio wanted to take part in it. Mirren will play his wife. After Benicio del Toro didn't get the villain role in STAR TREK II, since he overrated himself by asking too much money, "Variety" reports that the producers now want Edgar Ramirez for the role which could be the character of the famous Khan. He will test for the role today or tomorrow via Skype since the shooting starts in a few weeks. As you know he is also starring in WRATH OF THE TITANS where he plays God of War Ares, and in interesting film A MONKEY ON MY SHOULDER next to Juliette Binoche.

And the second trailer for today is actually the third one for Meryl Streep's THE IRON LADY, which premieres at the end
of December ready to bring her her hundredth,  well deserved, Oscar nomination :)  Directed by not so talented Phyllida Lloyd (MAMMA MIA) the film will see Meryl's masterful portrayal of the infamous British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher in a surprising and intimate portrait of the first and only female Prime Minister of The United Kingdom. One of the 20th century’s most infamous and influential women, Thatcher came from nowhere to smash through barriers of gender and class to be heard in a male dominated world. The cast also includes brilliant Jim Broadbent as Thatcher's husband.

26 comments:

  1. Oooo snowflakes on your page are nice. I got excited for Iron Lady and then I realized it wasn't a female version of Iron Man. :(

    Also not looking forward to Madagascar. They're beating a dead horse. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. he he nope, definitely not a female version of IRON MAN :)
    My penguins will not like you not watching MADAGASCAR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not familiar with Edgar Ramirez, but I think that might change. :))

    Still not watching Iron Lady. I'm going to go see the new Sherlock Holmes movie instead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can not wait to see Iron Lady! I think it will be brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Madagascar does seem to be pushing it a bit, but I'll prob still watch. I better send those penguins back so they can promote..haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to say neither of the 2 trailers here really interest me

    ReplyDelete
  7. The film on Hitchcock could be good. Will check it out when it's released :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to go see The Iron Lady even though I can't abide Margaret Thatcher. That's how highly I think of Meryl Streep!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG I was laughing hysterically at this trailer. I wanted more and more. Rico and the boys in the hotel. "These pillows are stuffed with baby birds." Marty, "Afro Circus..." LMAO!!! I like to move it, move it...;) This is going to be awesome, thanks for sharing this, sweetheart.

    Meryl looks incredible as always and she will get another Oscar nod for sure. Edgar sure would make a hot villain.;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am not behind the Thatcher film. She was pure evil that woman and she ruined this country. But it is definitely an oscar nomination performance

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know as a Welshmen I should have an inbuilt hatred of Thatcher, but I really want to see the Iron lady. After watching the King's Speech and Frost/Nixon, I'm taking quite a liking to these biopic movies :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. As an Irishman I cannot stand the woman but good luck to Streep.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i admire Meryl Streep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! loved the photos...looking at her photographs also makes me feel so niceeeeeeee!!! lovely post!she is toooooooooo good!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Luanne
    I've posted his pics before and ladies were thrilled :)
    I'm not watching HOLMES, I don't do Downey Junior

    @Clarissa
    I'm sure it will be great :)

    @PAt
    penguins don't promote, they MAKE people watch the film :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Dirty
    sorry, Dirty, no vampires for you today

    @Lizzy
    it's a nice cast isn;t it :)

    @Debra
    you took the words right out of my mouth :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Edgar Ramirez? More, please!

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Melsy
    they are crazy, aren't they? I especially love the fact that the hypo is wearing snorkeling pipe even though she's a hypo :))))

    @Scott
    she was pure pure pure evil, although not as evil as Tony Blair was, that one came straight from hell.

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Jamie
    we shall watch it only for Meryl and her stunning performance. I hope they won't make Thatcher nice or something, that would be awful

    @Lurk
    I can't stand her either, Lurk!

    @Flying
    she is brilliant, isn't she? :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Liz
    he he you have some other hotsy pics of him in some of the old posts :) Use the search button in the right sidebar to find them :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. nice snow Dez!! I love Meryln Streep I would only see the movie by her:)))dont like Iron Lady,Madagascar? nice I love others!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sweet can't wait for Madagascar, my brother really likes them.

    ReplyDelete
  22. @Gloria
    I've put snow, due to popular demand :)
    We all love Meryl, she's the best ever

    @Rgers
    it's a cute animated flick :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. The Thatcher film is not going to play well in the UK. There's no way they could have gotten a British actress to play that role. I'm Irish so I hate Thatcher, but I love Streep. If I watch it, I'll have to take a shower afterwards. Thanks for the comment and the follow. I followed you back.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I hate Thatcher too :) just as I hate all British and American presidents and prime ministers, but I think there are quite a lot of people in UK who still like that evil woman. I just hope that they will be realistic and that Meryl won't make us like her or something :)
    THanks for the following, hope we shall be seeing you here often :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. ALFRED HITCHCOCK AND THE MAKING OF PSYCHO... hmmm, that's an interesting take on Hitchcock instead of a straight biopic. Wow, Mirren and Hopkins together? 'Bout darn time, love both of 'em, especially Dame Mirren.

    ReplyDelete
  26. considering Madagascar was my all time favourite animated movie, I'm totally pumped for #3! This is the first I've seen it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.