Tuesday, June 21, 2022

1ST LOOK AT GUILLAUME MUSSO'S TV SERIES ADAPTATION THE REUNION WITH IOAN GRUFFUDD! CHILE TURNING ISABEL ALLENDE'S DAUGHTER OF FORTUNE INTO A 19TH CENTURY TV SAGA

   HIJA DE LA FORTUNA  
CHILE TO TURN ALLENDE'S EPIC NOVEL INTO TV SERIES
The series will be shot in English language
And it will be shot in English language! Beside other projects that will arrive to Spanish Conecta Fiction and Entertainment festival in Toledo, we have Invercine production house from Chile who is planning a TV series adaptation of Isabel Allende’s epic romance adventure HIJA DE LA TORTUNA aka DAUGHTER OF FORTUNE. Set during the gold rush of 1849, the series will take place in Chile and California. The series will have an international cast and an English show runner and writer. 

  1ST THE REUNION PHOTO  
FROM IOAN GRUFFUDD SERIES
Variety has published the first photo from MGM's mini series adaptation of Guillaume Musso’s bestselling novel “La Jeune fille et la nuit.” Starring Ioan Gruffudd and Rupert Graves,THE REUNION opens in the present day, at a reunion at an international school in the south of France where three former friends reconnect. They grew apart and lost touch, but they are still bound by a tragic secret tied to the disappearance of a fellow student 25 years ago.

10 comments:

  1. Since Hija de la Fortuna is ser almost entirely in the USA, it is ok to have it done in English. Moreover the protagonist is brought up by an English woman in my town Valparaiso

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot for the life remember if I read it or not, I did read a number of her books but long time ago so I forgot the plots.

      Delete
  2. 25 years is a long time to hide a big secret like the disappearance of a classmate. Methinks these broads will finally get caught for their part in the disappearance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should be very interesting, maybe the classmate was some nasty prick or hoe.

      Delete
    2. Possibly, though that doesn’t warrant her disappearance. There was one classmate that was especially brutal to me, even “accidentally” pouring her red juice on my white volleyball jersey before a big match. As much as I wanted her to vanish at times, I think Karma came calling for her later. I saw on Facebook she’s a struggling single mom and looks 10x older than me. How I would have missed that sheer satisfaction of seeing that had she been “accidentally” taken out when we were younger.

      Delete
  3. To be frank, it wasn't great reading. Aside from House of Spirits, I don't much like her novels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was one other that I liked, but I forgot which one, I have it somewhere in my shelves. Eva Luna, maybe, but I am not sure, it was long time ago. I am waiting for more casting news on House of Spirits adaptation.

      Delete
  4. First Reunion sounds good! Sounds like a good movie for a Summer night.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.