Friday, June 17, 2022

JAMES MARSDEN, HUGH GRANT, MELISSA MCCARTHY, MAX GREENFIELD, CHRISTIAN SLATER JOIN JERRY SEINFELD'S NETFLIX COMEDY UNFROSTED: THE POP TART STORY! ISABEL SANDOVAL TO HELM TROPICAL GOTHIC 16TH CENTURY MOVIE

 JERRY SEINFELD'S UNFROSTED 
THE POP TART STORY ADS A STELLAR CAST INDEED!
It will be his feature film debut, and Jerry Seinfeld has got himself a rather stellar cast for his Netflix comedy movie UNFROSTED: THE POP TART STORY a tale of ambition, betrayal, sugar and menacing milkmen, set in 1963 Michigan where sworn cereal rivals Kellogg’s and Post race to create a pastry that will change the face of breakfast forever. James Marsden, Melissa McCarthy, Hugh Grant, Jim Gaffigan, Max Greenfield, Christian Slater are all slated to star next to Seinfeld who is also directing and producing. 

 ISABEL SANDOVAL TO HELM 
TROPICAL GOTHIC 16TH CENTURY PHILIPPINES SET MOVIE
Isabel Sandoval will both helm and star
Deadline reports that Isabel Sandoval will direct and star in TROPICAL GOTHIC movie. She was the first trans woman of colour to ever compete at Venice Film Festival when she was there with her previous feature Lingua Franca. TROPICAL GOTHIC will be an allegory on Western colonialism about a Native Priestess who convinces her Spanish master that she is possessed by the spirit of his dead bride, in order to manipulate him into returning the farmland that the Spaniards seized from the native community.

14 comments:

  1. Hugh Grant gives me the Pierce Brosnan feeling here..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really does! He has gone quite gray recently.

      Delete
  2. Let me tell you, I am WAY TOO EXCITED for Unfrosted!! This sounds like one of my favorite types of movies. It will probably be a mix of stupid and funny in a way that will have me laughing til tears.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelloggs definitely won that battle, though I don't know how anyone can eat those god-awful things. My family loves them and I can't for the life of me figure out why. The movie though, I bet will be hilarious. I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not exactly sure what they are, but I generally boo and hiss on anything industrially made.

      Delete
    2. If you want me to send you a box or two this Christmas, let me know. Its definitely processed and not tasty at that, but for the sheer novelty of trying them so you can boo and hiss even more, I’ll pack some up for you.

      Delete
    3. No, thanks, deary, but thanks for the kind thought. You don't have to send me hard candy and toffee either as I don't eat such things, it is just a waste of monies. I was thinking of just sending you chocolate this year, but we shall see what the situation will be then and if I will be still alive.

      Delete
    4. Dahlink, you don’t have to send me a thing! Though there were those cookies you sent 2 years back that were divine. I’d never say no to those lol. I’ve been looking for them in our local markets (we now actually have some of the goodies you sent before like Jaffa cakes and I think they are called digestive cookies?) and I still grab a few things from the market in Chicago but they don’t have the cookies sadly. I saved a picture of them on my phone, so I’ll have to tell you which ones they were so you can tell me if they are still being made or if I’m searching in vain for them here. If you ever see something we have that you’d like to try food, home, or hygiene wise, don’t hesitate to ask me to ship it to you. Though you are right. Most of the packaged food here is so highly processed and tastes like garbage, I’m not sure you’d want any of it lol.

      Delete
    5. Which cookies, the chocolate hearts? The Milka stars? I've send you tons of different cookies over the years LOL Don't know which you have in mind. I've just tried new blueberry pillow cookies yesterday, but they was nasty, they was. We haven't had anything new this year, it is such crisis.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing.
    I invite you to visit my last post. Have a good week-end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why the last one, the rest are that bad? LOL

      Delete
  5. The milka star cookies were yummy, but these were eurocrem that I liked best. I sent you a pic of them on Facebook. I'm going to go do a google search to see if anyone in the states sells them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you don't find them in Serbian shops you won't find them anywhere. Those can be bought only in their SwissLion shop here, not even in other stores. I haven't seen it lately, but if I do in winter I will send you some.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.