Tuesday, January 14, 2014

BEST AND WORST DRESSED AT GOLDEN GLOBES 2014! JOSH HOLLOWAY IS AQUAMAN IN 'SUPERMAN VS BATMAN'? MICHAEL FASSBENDER IN 'STAR WARS VII?' GLENN CLOSE IS ANASTASIA ROMANOV IN 'DUCHESS'

MICHAEL FASSBENDER IN
STAR WARS VII WITH HUGO WEAVING?
Tones of interesting casting rumours for major movies have circled around Hollywood in last few days: Disney is working on STAR WARS VII (spin off movies on BOBA FETT and HAN SOLO have also been announced) with J.J. Abrams behind the helm, and latest rumours say that they want Michael Fassbender for a role in the film and that they are eyeing Hugo Weaving to play an Imperial commander. The new film will focus on Luke Skywalker, Princess Leya and Han Solo and their children as well.
 JOSH HOLLOWAY IS AQUAMAN?
Meanwhile, over at another big project, SUPERMAN VS BATMAN, Josh Holloway might take the role of Aquaman, possibly joining Henry Cavill (Superman), Ben Affleck (Batman), Amy Adams (Lois Lane) and Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman) in the cast. There were previous stories on Joaquin Phoenix possibly playing Lex Luthor, Penn Badgley playing Nightwing and Jason Momoa playing Doomsday or Martian Manhunter in the superhero sequel to MAN OF STEEL.

GLENN CLOSE IS 'DUCHESS'
FAKE ANASTASIA ROMANOV
In other movie news today, Deadline writes that movie legend Glenn Close will play fake princess Anastasia Romanov in DUCHESS. In the movie directed by Arie Posin, and produced by people who produced Glenn's ALBERT NOBBS drama, she will play Anna Anderson, the woman who claimed to be the Grand Russian Duchess Anastasia! The film is described as a dark road-trip comedy based on true events and covering the last days of Anna and her American husband Jack Manahan. After the courts forcibly put Anna into a retirement home in Charlottesville in 1983, Jack kidnapped her, and together they evaded the authorities across rural Virginia hoping to experience the honeymoon they never had.

GOLDEN GLOBES 2014 FASHION
THE BEST DRESSED
Without any doubt Lupita Nyongo stole the show in her divinely caped red Ralph Lauren gown, while Julianne Margulies also looked refined in her black gown elvenly decorated with golden branches. Sofia Vergara was breathtaking in her simple black ballgown.
 Also looking fine, were Cate Blanchett in her intricately laced Armani, Julie Delpy in red asymmetry, Amber Heard in midnight blue and Maria Menunous in a pink dress which was see-through in all the right places!
Olivia Wilde was cute covering her pregnant belly in forest green Gucci, while Mila Kunis and Kate Beckinsale were quite toned down. I also liked Emma Thompson's golden lace uniform, although it would've looked better if the black skirt was longer.

FLORAL FIESTA
Tones of them opted for floral designs, some of them looking good in it (Drew Barrymoore) and some of them looking shockingly trashy (Jacqueline Bisset and Heidi Klum).

THE PARACHUTERS
Some of the looked like they were wearing parachutes: Michelle Dockery clumsily wore a sequinned parachute, Sandra Bullock a colourful one, Jennifer Lawrence a modest one, while Paula Patton decided to drape her parachute over the shoulder. None of them looked good.

THE FREAKS OF THE EVENING
Emma Watson looked ridiculous in a red dress with black pants underneath and horrid mismatching shoes, Lena Dunham looked like mustard gone bad, Zoe Deschanel stole the outfit from her granny dearest, Naomi Watts looked pale in deeply unflattering Tom Ford, while Zoe Saldana disappointed in an overly busy dress.

56 comments:

  1. I don't know, Dez - Sandra Bullock doesn't look half-had, but I think it was Maria Menunous who most caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she was pretty and her body looked smashing in the dress, but it was just too mismatched in colours.
      I knew the boys would appreciate Maria :)

      Delete
  2. I liked him as Magneto so I hope it's true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed, he could be the only thing I'd watch craptastic STAR WARS for....

      Delete
  3. I really dislike that dress Jennifer Lawrence wore. Such an odd style with the two bands going around a puffy white dress. And, yes, Nyongo is stunning in that red dress. Perfect body for it. But Julianna Margulies' gown is my favorite of these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that she is a mediocre dresser, just like she's a mediocre actress.
      Glad you liked my choices of Nyongo and Julianna as best dressed. They really had refined outfits

      Delete
  4. I love Sofia Vergara. She could wear a garbage bag and look stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i was the freak of the evening... thank you. great share and coverage...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. but then again, nobody could wear lavander the way you can :P

      Delete
  6. Star wars 7 should still be a promising movie !
    Cheers .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed, can't be any worse than the previous ones :)

      Delete
  7. Zoe is a pretty girl but that dress and her expression don't do her justice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she's always dressed like an old lady. I don't like her as an actress either

      Delete
    2. Do you like her sister?

      What don't you like about Zoe?

      Delete
    3. Extremely mediocre, lack of talent, childish approach to comedy, artificial cuteness....

      Delete
    4. I am quite familiar with your dislike of Zoe darling and the way she dresses is a crime against humanity.

      Delete
    5. it hurts my eyes so much, darling, I can't even explain that pain!

      Delete
    6. I like her fun in that Jess comedy. At first, I didn't care for the writing and then I kept watching and really laughed out loud at some of the stunts.

      Delete
    7. If you mean NEW GIRL, I tried watching it and it was painfully not funny so I stopped. The same goes for MODERN FAMILY

      Delete
    8. I don't know Modern Family. I can understand, I nearly stopped watching New Girl myself, but stuck it out and found myself laughing.

      Also, I liked Nick.

      Delete
    9. I find Max Greenfield from that sitcom extremely hot

      Delete
  8. I agree with your best dressed and worst dressed choices. I can't understand why some of those worst dressed ones would even go out of the house looking like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you agree with my impeccable taste :))
      And I also don't understand why the prettiest of ladies usually wear the worst of clothes?

      Delete
  9. I really Jennifer L - both dress & actress, smiles ~
    Also Olivia's green gown - very elegant ~
    Thanks for the updates Dezzy ~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Horrid dress on Sandra, ugh, but I thought Naomi Watts looked pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Sofia Vergara. Stunning woman!

    And I agree that Lupita Nyongo looked pretty darn hot too!

    Worst dressed for me would have to be Sandra Bullock. What was she thinking? I hate saying that though as I'm a great fan or hers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is always pretty, and can't believe she is over 40!

      Delete
  12. Sofia and Kate's dresses are GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

    ...poor Lena...

    ReplyDelete
  13. A Han Solo and Boba Fett movie, sounds interesting enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, those are supposed to be spinoffs to be released in between STAR WARS sequels

      Delete
  14. I'll see Fassbender in anything. And Aquaman? I'm way curious to see how that would pan out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it could be just a rumour about Aquaman that the studio is releasing to turn the attention of the audience from what is really happening :)

      Delete
  15. My favourite was Sofia-God that dress was stunning in it's simple elegance. It doesn't hurt that she's a stunning beauty in her own right.

    I absolutely despise floral prints in an evening gown,so I don't like any of those.

    I do love it when you get cattly darling and your title "Freaks of the Evening" makes me go all tingly inside. My least favourite is a tie between Zoe and Lena. That mustard colour is just hideous and I'm hard pressed to think of any woman who could look good in that. A delicate yellow looks gorgeous against women of colour, but I don't think Caucasian women should attempt even that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've nothing against floral prints if they're subtle and refined and carefully positioned, but that ain't the case with those above, sadly.
      Glad you like my naughty streak, dear :) Lena is always horrid, she doesn't even have to try, she is natural in it :)

      Delete
  16. Can't wait for Star Wars. Have a good evening, Dez.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Sandra, hope you're dealing well with the flu in the house!

      Delete
  17. Looking forward to new Star Wars!!!
    Glenn Close looks very elegant in that photo.
    And I liked Sofia Vergara and Uma Thurman the best at the Globes! I thought the dresses were less wow this year than in other years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glenn had that lovely photo shoot a few years ago and I love to use photos from it from time to time :)
      Hope Oscars don't disappoint when it comes to fashion! But I ain't optimistic

      Delete
  18. Oh, God, do I ever love Josh Holloway. It was a great day in the gene pool when that man was made!

    Sophia looks stunning. Then again, she could wear a garbage bag and still look great...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear his new show INTELLIGENCE is doing mighty fine over in USA.
      True that for Sofia :)

      Delete
  19. I hope the new Star Wars film is better than the last 3 pieces of rubbish!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine anything being worse than those, Ray, just by not having horrid Portman and Hayden in the cast they just might save the day with the new ones.

      Delete
  20. :) Sofia Vergara looked pretty, but so did Julia Roberts. Very classic classy look. I thought Kate Beckinsale was gorgeous in her dress as well. I'm surprised you were so toned down in talking about Paula Patton's dress. ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pfftt... if you ask me Julia can try all she wants and will never have any style nor charisma :))
      Beckinsale has outstanding beauty and should dictate style not hide always in pretty much same dresses (she either wears beige or very dark gowns without taking any risk)

      Delete
  21. LMAO! I love it when you talk best and worst dressed. I agree with your picks. And the freaks...You are so bad, my dear.

    Fass My Benders is hot, hot, hot and I will watch him in anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What? Did I say something wrong or untrue? :)

      Delete
  22. I've seen a lot of ladies here, that I would like to ask for dinner! :-D

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.