Sunday, January 5, 2014

HOLLYWOOD SPY'S TOP 25 BEST SONGS OF 2013: ONE REPUBLIC, CELINE DION, LEONA LEWIS, HURTS, JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE, NICOLE SCHERZINGER, THE WANTED

HOLLYWOOD SPY'S
25 BEST TUNES FROM 2013
Well, to be honest, 2013 wasn't much of a year when it comes to music - it was mostly dominated by superficial pop tarts, such as Rihanna, Britney, Miley, screeching like stray cats in the rain all year around and using their naked body parts to attract attention in their lack of true talent. But, there were still some lovely tunes that we've listened to during the year, so here are HOLLYWOOD SPY's top 25 songs of 2013! Clicking on the titles will take you to the videos.

2013 TOP 25 BEST SONGS
1. ONE REPUBLIC - Counting Stars
 As most of you know, One Republic has always been my favourite band and they haven't disappointed us with their new album. No More Counting Dollars, We'll Be Counting Stars was definitely our favourite line this year. Their singer Ryan Tedder also wrote famous hits Bleeding Love for Leona Lewis, Beyonce's Halo, Apologize and All The Right Moves for One Republic, Battlefield for Jordin Sparks and this year's hit Burn for Ellie Goulding.

2. LOREEN - My Heart Is Refusing Me
Definitely the song I would sing if I was ever to audition for a singing competition :)

3. CELINE DION - Loved Me Back To Life
4. JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE - Mirrors
5. LEONA LEWIS - Lovebird
6. FERGIE - Little Party Never Killed Nobody
My favourite movie song from 2013, the dance tune taken from THE GREAT GATSBY soundtrack!

7. PASSENGER - Let Her Go
Well you only need the light when it's burning low 
Only miss the sun when it starts to snow
Only know you love her when you let her go 
Only know you've been high when you're feeling low 
Only hate the road when you’re missin' home
8. NICOLE SCHERZINGER - Boomerang
Not only that she is the kindest and most gracious and humble X-FACTOR jury member ever, and the best dressed celebrity, but Nicole also graced us with a new single last year.
9. JOHN NEWMAN - Love Me Again
10. HURTS - Miracle
11. ELLIE GOULDING - Burn
12. YLVIS - What Does The Fox Say?
13. THE WANTED - We Own The Night
14. LAWSON - Learn To Love Again
The British pop rock bend  became one of my favourite music discoveries last year. 

15. OLLY MURS - Dear Darlin'
16. THE SCRIPT - If You Could See Me Now
Irish pop bend lead by amazing Danny O'Donaghue never ceases to amaze us with their tender lyrics!
17. AVICII - Wake Me Up
18. EMELIE DE FOREST - Only Teardrops
Last year's Eurosong winner
19. JOHN LEGEND - Made To Love
20. ARASH & SEAN PAUL - She Makes Me Go
21. HURTS - Somebody To Die For
I could drag you from the ocean, 
I could pull you from the fire 
And when you're standing in the shadows 
I could open up the sky 
And I could give you my devotion 
Until the end of time 
And you will never be forgotten 
With me by your side
22. LEONA LEWIS - One More Sleep
23. LADY GAGA - Do What You Want
24. TAYLOR SWIFT - I Knew You Were Trouble
25. DEMI LOVATO - Heart Attack 
So, tell me, what were your fave songs last year?

28 comments:

  1. Ugh, I am so out of touch with popular music! The only one of these I've even heard is "What Does the Fox Say" and it's annoying as hell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what, Debs? Whatcha have against singing foxes? :)

      Delete
  2. i don't know music anymore, i know scores... i was just introduced to a band/group that i think is the best thing i have heard in a very long time [Fitz & The Tantrums]... though i have learned so much from the music you have shared over the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have? Well, that is so lovely to hear, J-man!
      I'd post more movie songs over the year, but nobody shares them nor promotes them when the movies are out :(

      Delete
  3. Il love the song of Celine Dion and Leona Lewis !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. two of the best singers in the pop world, Vincent

      Delete
  4. Lovebird is a great song! I can't believe I hadn't heard it before! I wish radio stations wouldn't play the same old stupid songs over and over and over. Nice list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is why Dezzie is here to bring you the amazing music your radios in USA do not play you :)

      Delete
    2. I agree with Sherry, I've been stuck with mostly radio and some of these songs I've missed entirely.

      Delete
    3. Most of these are European songs, and I'm guessing not many of those are aired in USA :(

      Delete
  5. What does the fox say become a huge hit with the kids in our school - we've played it at a few assemblies and they love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an exquisitely stupid song, but also a total delight and extremely contagious :) especially when the fox hits the jazzy tunes :)

      Delete
  6. Great list.
    I'm with you on Miley. She has realy let herself go wacko.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm usually deeply disgusted and outraged by most of the current pop stars from those three stated in the intro, to Bieber, Eminem, Kesha, One Direction, Aguilera.... all horrid examples of human beings....

      Delete
  7. Loved, Celine Dion - Loved Me Back to Life!

    She has such a flawless voice. Oh, and she has no urge to twerk or take her clothes off. Thank goodness. Quite refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wish she would shoot a video for LOVED ME BACK TO LIFE. Why isn't she making videos?
      And she is such a flawless dresser too! Always loved her style

      Delete
  8. I think I'm to old for this. My old time favorite stays good old Queen with Bohemian Rapsody! That songs has everything!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And we shall soon be getting a film on them :) Ben Whishaw will play Freddy Mercury in it :)

      Delete
    2. Can't be soon enough!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Delete
  9. This past year I bought an Imagine Dragons CD, the extended version. Love that CD. So fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a fan, but they really are quite unusual and refreshing. I love the unique arrangements in their song, but they need to work more on the melodies. And I love their name :)

      Delete
    2. I watched a live show on YouTube and it was sooo good. Radio Active, live, blows the CD version away. Then they have a few songs that I boogie to whilst in the kitchen baking.

      Curious to see what they come up with next. I'd love for them to do a fun Christmas CD, but in their own style - but still sound like Christmas.

      Delete
    3. It's good to have some music while cooking

      Delete
  10. Great song choices! Passenger is a new favorite of mine! And that Fox song is so terrible, but you HAVE to listen and laugh every time it comes on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Passanger had such a lovely song, a true classic, methinks. Too bad they're a one hit wonder....

      Delete
  11. I could listen to One Republic all day at work. I usually like listening to Avicii's Wake Me Up on the way home in the evening. Thank you for making me discover Lawson and Hurts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh, Hurts are amazing, you must check out their previous album with songs BETTER THAN LOVE, WONDERFUL LIFE and STAY!

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.